+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

gabiroli

Oct 23, 2013
little_apple said:
The police check has to be mailed. Vienna needs the original including a certified translation if it is not in English or French.
Do you still have the receipt of the fees you paid? Must have been a total of $1040.
Yea it it 1040$. That i paid so far to Canada. Then i guess we will have to mail in the police check. Do you know how long till they actually do anything with it?

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
gabiroli said:
Yea it it 1040$. That i paid so far to Canada. Then i guess we will have to mail in the police check. Do you know how long till they actually do anything with it?
What is your timeline again? When did you apply? When was the interview? Medicals? Were documents requested?
When you send the police certificate include the payment receipt and let Vienna know that you paid the full amount upfront.

I saw everything between 2 and 6 months for approval after interview. Depends when the medicals expire, how fast you send the requested documents and so on

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
e-Cas status was changed again in less than 3 weeks (this Saturday) to Decision Made (one week after the PPR)

Just thought to let you guys know!

Its funny that still we do not know how long would we have on the visa as we are still in the dark about it till we actually receive it..I want to reserve our tickets for early July but I cant do it because they might stamp the passport for earlier departure...
My daughter Elena just this morning received PPR from Rome for her husband. In the letter they actually are telling my son in-law that his visa will be valid until Nov 16th 2014...Why can't Vienna do the same...Why does Vienna have to punish us all the way to the end :)

Tom and family

Canadian_belle1

Nov 30, 2013
North Bay, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2014
Doc's Request.
March 4, 2014 - Rescinded on March 7, 2014
AOR Received.
March 10, 2014
File Transfer...
March 10, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 27, 2013
Interview........
Aug 11, 2014
Passport Req..
Aug 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 11, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug 18, 2014
messenger said:
e-Cas status was changed again in less than 3 weeks (this Saturday) to Decision Made (one week after the PPR)

Its funny that still we do not know how long would we have on the visa as we are still in the dark about it till we actually receive it..I want to reserve our tickets for early July but I cant do it because they might stamp the passport for earlier departure...
My daughter Elena just this morning received PPR from Rome for her husband. In the letter they actually are telling my son in-law that his visa will be valid until Nov 16th 2014...Why can't Vienna do the same...Why does Vienna have to punish us all the way to the end :)

Tom and family
Congrats Tom! Vienna Vienna! It is what it is lol

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
messenger said:
Why can't Vienna do the same...Why does Vienna have to punish us all the way to the end :)
Maybe they want to teach us how to be patient I guess :p

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Kopje said:
Maybe they want to teach us how to be patient I guess :p
Hi Kopje :)

Patience is not a synonym to Logic

Patience has nothing to do with why Vienna is not informing us as to the validity of the visa prior to sending it to us..

Take a look at the portion of the email Rome had sent to my Son in-law today!

We are ready to undergo the final review of your application. Please mail us the following documents:

- copy of Birth Certificate with translation.

- a printed photocopy of the entire passport valid for international travel for yourself and for each member of your family who will be accompanying you to Canada (not including Canadian citizens).

We expect to receive the required documents within 30 days from the date of this e-mail. Your visas will be issued for entry to Canada before: 2014/11/16.

This is what I meant!

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
messenger said:

Tom and family
Congrats again, Tom :)
Did you order GCMS notes? How long is the medical valid? I could see in January that they extended my medicals for 6 weeks until May 27 and this was the date in my COPR when I received it on April 30

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tom, I know what you meant. My post was meant as a joke. I would love to get more informations about my process from Vienna.

little_apple said:
Did you order GCMS notes? How long is the medical valid? I could see in January that they extended my medicals for 6 weeks until May 27 and this was the date in my COPR when I received it on April 30
Wow! I hope they will give enough time to me once they actually issue the visa. I have to give my current employer 3 months notice. I can't just quit and go within 4 weeks.

Hopefully I do not have to fly to Canada and back to do the landing.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
little_apple said:
Hey there Vanessa! and ALL my friends ~~~

This morning woke up as usual and took the two post notices we found in our mail box last night and we went to the Greek Postal service office.
One envelope was from the Athens Canadian Embassy and contained the new passport for our baby Leto....Happiness???? YES! We had applied for it 20 days ago!
The 2nd envelope was from Vienna and contained the Passport of my wife that we had mailed to them exactly 10 days ago Stamped with the CANADA VISA and also the COPR included! HAPPINESS???? YES!

Kopje said:
Tom, I know what you meant. My post was meant as a joke. I would love to get more informations about my process from Vienna.

Wow! I hope they will give enough time to me once they actually issue the visa. I have to give my current employer 3 months notice. I can't just quit and go within 4 weeks.

Hopefully I do not have to fly to Canada and back to do the landing.
No offence my friend :) Just wrote my comment to raise an issue that concerns many people...
And as for us?
The VISA that was stamped has a validity all the way to January 2015. (of course we are flying on July this year) but regardless this was very thoughtful of them to give us such. The weirdest thing of all in our case was that my wife's Medical expired January 31st 2014. So that means they gave us an extension of one year on the medical...Has anyone else in the past received such a big extension?

And another thing that you might want to know..When we received PPR on May the 7th (Wednesday) I decided in order to save some money to send the passport with snail mail (normal land postal mail) ..And we did it on the 9th (Friday). We received the envelope today so that means it arrived in Greece yesterday the 19th... So it only means that snail mail and stamping the visas and resenting them to us took a total of 10 days and only 4€ is postage stamps....Courier would have cost us 150€ and most likely it would have been in the same date range!

Anyways , this concludes a chapter in my life and starts another one!
What remains a little sweet bitterness (just slight) from too much worrying but mostly fond memories of the wonderful people I have met throughout this trip. I have the warmest feelings for all of you and will remember each and everyone with kindness in my heart. To those who are already in Canada and to those who are still waiting (please do not lose hope) I wish a happy and productive life. to those of you who are in Alberta I will make a pledge to meet you from up close and to those in other provinces in this vast country we can always keep in touch either by Internet or by phone..
I will of course drop by in the forum and speak to all of you and learn of your progress but for the time being I will be busy packing, moving and making final arrangements as I do not have lots of help and a baby amongst others to take care.

We are going to be in Ontario as of 16th of July and I will remain in Niagara Falls area for approx a week. I will then move on to Calgary and catch up with my new life! While I am in Ontario I would try to visit my friend Europe in Windsor and anyone else if possible!

Thank you all so much and love you all!

My contact details:

FB: https://www.facebook.com/Sakisapostolou Sent me a pm if you like me Skype as well.

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012 redo the medical February 05 2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
messenger said:

This morning woke up as usual and took the two post notices we found in our mail box last night and we went to the Greek Postal service office.
One envelope was from the Athens Canadian Embassy and contained the new passport for our baby Leto....Happiness???? YES! We had applied for it 20 days ago!
The 2nd envelope was from Vienna and contained the Passport of my wife that we had mailed to them exactly 10 days ago Stamped with the CANADA VISA and also the COPR included! HAPPINESS???? YES!

No offence my friend :) Just wrote my comment to raise an issue that concerns many people...
And as for us?
The VISA that was stamped has a validity all the way to January 2015. (of course we are flying on July this year) but regardless this was very thoughtful of them to give us such. The weirdest thing of all in our case was that my wife's Medical expired January 31st 2014. So that means they gave us an extension of one year on the medical...Has anyone else in the past received such a big extension?

And another thing that you might want to know..When we received PPR on May the 7th (Wednesday) I decided in order to save some money to send the passport with snail mail (normal land postal mail) ..And we did it on the 9th (Friday). We received the envelope today so that means it arrived in Greece yesterday the 19th... So it only means that snail mail and stamping the visas and resenting them to us took a total of 10 days and only 4€ is postage stamps....Courier would have cost us 150€ and most likely it would have been in the same date range!

What remains a little sweet bitterness (just slight) from too much worrying but mostly fond memories of the wonderful people I have met throughout this trip. I have the warmest feelings for all of you and will remember each and everyone with kindness in my heart. To those who are already in Canada and to those who are still waiting (please do not lose hope) I wish a happy and productive life. to those of you who are in Alberta I will make a pledge to meet you from up close and to those in other provinces in this vast country we can always keep in touch either by Internet or by phone..
I will of course drop by in the forum and speak to all of you and learn of your progress but for the time being I will be busy packing, moving and making final arrangements as I do not have lots of help and a baby amongst others to take care.

We are going to be in Ontario as of 16th of July and I will remain in Niagara Falls area for approx a week. I will then move on to Calgary and catch up with my new life! While I am in Ontario I would try to visit my friend Europe in Windsor and anyone else if possible!

My contact details:

FB: https://www.facebook.com/Sakisapostolou Sent me a pm if you like me Skype as well.
Tom I am so exciting that I am going to meet you Leto and Spaska that is amazing that your process is over about the time ,
you were the one who encourage as all to be patients.

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
messenger said:

And as for us?

My contact details:

I'm so happy for you and can't wait to meet your little family in person :) :)

Minicooper

May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-10-2014 Police certificate
File Transfer...
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
Hi Everyone!

I have been reading the Vienna forum for a couple of weeks now but never posted anything yet (however I am part of the facebook group: Sanne).
Thought I would join in on the "forum fun!"

This is my timeline: App sent: January 16, 2014
Transfered to Vienna: February 19, 2014.

I actually already applied in October but got delayed in the first process and we were misinformed by a CIC member about whether a specific form needed to be in the application. It was send back to our old address and we didnt get informed till 2.5 months later (they told us prior they "lost" our package in the building). Anyway, thats why we lost a lot of time so January applicant now!

Oh and I'm applying for common-law sponsorship by my Fiancé, waiting in Holland currently. Need to graduate first, then will go to Canada in September and await the PR as a visitor over there.

Nice to meet you all!

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
messenger said:

And as for us?

My contact details:

A Hearty Congrats, Tom!

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Minicooper said:
Hi Everyone!

I have been reading the Vienna forum for a couple of weeks now but never posted anything yet (however I am part of the facebook group: Sanne).
Thought I would join in on the "forum fun!"

This is my timeline: App sent: January 16, 2014
Transfered to Vienna: February 19, 2014.

I actually already applied in October but got delayed in the first process and we were misinformed by a CIC member about whether a specific form needed to be in the application. It was send back to our old address and we didnt get informed till 2.5 months later (they told us prior they "lost" our package in the building). Anyway, thats why we lost a lot of time so January applicant now!

Oh and I'm applying for common-law sponsorship by my Fiancé, waiting in Holland currently. Need to graduate first, then will go to Canada in September and await the PR as a visitor over there.

Nice to meet you all!
Welcome to Vienna! Hold on tight cause you're in for a ride :)

Jokes aside, good luck with your application and may you and all of us have a speedy process.