15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
little_apple said:
Congrats, Tom! Finally :) I am soooo happy for you. Can't wait to see you soon. I hope you bring nice weather with you. Calgary is still waiting for spring :p 8)
Dont scare them lol :) its so warm and sunny all thats missing is palm trees hahahahaha. It snowed yesterday but its almost all gone :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Milance said:
Dont scare them lol :) its so warm and sunny all thats missing is palm trees hahahahaha. It snowed yesterday but its almost all gone :)
Ηι to all my friends here in the Vienna thread. Thank you all so much for your wishes. Hope and pray that everyone gets wrapped up quickly.

@Europe my girls are fine. Leto is teething the poor thing and is suffering so much. She does not have any teeth popping out yet and it seems it's going to take a while..Lots of crying and sorrow!

@Milan and Vanessa.. We all have to be realistic about Alberta weather...At least I have to be lol...I can only imagine how it would be but I am trying not to think of it very much. Just yesterday from a female friend who live sin Grande Prairie I learned that Alberta has very short days from December to February...Is that true? I was told that during these months the day break comes at 9 am and evening comes at 16:30. Wow

Well as for our plans...I thought about them today....So as I am a man of fast decisions here it goes...
We will mail Spaska's passport with registered mail on Friday morning.. It normally takes 4-5 days to get to Vienna from Greece.I like to believe that they will stamp her visa for Mid to late July so that would give us an easy two months to get ready sell some stuff, pack others for shipping to Canada (only our personal stuff books, souvenirs, baby stuff etc)

I still have my job here and since I gave them notice over a year ago i am planning to officially stop at the last day of June so I can get the advantage of having a salary even to the last day.. At around the same time i will empty our apartment and surrender it to the landlord.

Hopefully by then I will have our air tickets at hand (maybe to fly out during the first week of July) so during our last days here in Greece we will stay with our friends and family.

We will arrive in Toronto rent a car with a baby seat and drive to Niagara Falls where my friend and his family live. They own a large house so they will accommodate our little family. I will stay in Ontario for a week on a short but long deserved vacation and catch up with some long not seen friends and distant family. Spaska and baby will remain with my friend and his family after I fly to Calgary to search for a room and a survival job.

Hopefully and I don't know if I am realistic I will try to bring wife and baby to jme in 6 to 8 weeks providing I have a decent job and I can find a decent apartment for rent...

Well this is my plan...I will try to keep it!

Regards to all and I hope tomorrow there would be more rejoicing of good news on PPR's for all

Tom

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
Milance said:
At least it's sunny today :p

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012 redo the medical February 05 2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
messenger said:
Ηι to all my friends here in the Vienna thread. Thank you all so much for your wishes. Hope and pray that everyone gets wrapped up quickly.

@ Europe my girls are fine. Leto is teething the poor thing and is suffering so much. She does not have any teeth popping out yet and it seems it's going to take a while..Lots of crying and sorrow!

@ Milan and Vanessa.. We all have to be realistic about Alberta weather...At least I have to be lol...I can only imagine how it would be but I am trying not to think of it very much. Just yesterday from a female friend who live sin Grande Prairie I learned that Alberta has very short days from December to February...Is that true? I was told that during these months the day break comes at 9 am and evening comes at 16:30. Wow

Well as for our plans...I thought about them today....So as I am a man of fast decisions here it goes...
We will mail Spaska's passport with registered mail on Friday morning.. It normally takes 4-5 days to get to Vienna from Greece.I like to believe that they will stamp her visa for Mid to late July so that would give us an easy two months to get ready sell some stuff, pack others for shipping to Canada (only our personal stuff books, souvenirs, baby stuff etc)

I still have my job here and since I gave them notice over a year ago i am planning to officially stop at the last day of June so I can get the advantage of having a salary even to the last day.. At around the same time i will empty our apartment and surrender it to the landlord.

Hopefully by then I will have our air tickets at hand (maybe to fly out during the first week of July) so during our last days here in Greece we will stay with our friends and family.

We will arrive in Toronto rent a car with a baby seat and drive to Niagara Falls where my friend and his family live. They own a large house so they will accommodate our little family. I will stay in Ontario for a week on a short but long deserved vacation and catch up with some long not seen friends and distant family. Spaska and baby will remain with my friend and his family after I fly to Calgary to search for a room and a survival job.

Hopefully and I don't know if I am realistic I will try to bring wife and baby to jme in 6 to 8 weeks providing I have a decent job and I can find a decent apartment for rent...

Regards to all and I hope tomorrow there would be more rejoicing of good news on PPR's for all

Tom
Tom my dear friend I am really happy to see that your process is over, poor Leto is teething , hope she will feel better, is Spaska getting Exciting , to move in totally new country . ????
Here in Ontario is raining , boring weather for this year

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
messenger said:

@ Europe my girls are fine. Leto is teething the poor thing and is suffering so much. She does not have any teeth popping out yet and it seems it's going to take a while..Lots of crying and sorrow!

@ Milan and Vanessa.. We all have to be realistic about Alberta weather...At least I have to be lol...I can only imagine how it would be but I am trying not to think of it very much. Just yesterday from a female friend who live sin Grande Prairie I learned that Alberta has very short days from December to February...Is that true? I was told that during these months the day break comes at 9 am and evening comes at 16:30. Wow

Tom
It's a little bit more difficult to find a place to live since we've had the flood last year. But it is possible. I've had many couchsurfers from all over Europe staying with me in the last few months who moved to Calgary. They all found a decent place within 1 week.

You can send me a message here or on Facebook with things you are looking for, price range, house or condo, size, which area you want to live in and I keep my eyes open for you.

I'm so excited for you :D

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
Congratulations Tom!!!! Yay!!!!! You must be feeling awesome! It won't be much longer! 8)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
NicAnn said:
Congratulations Tom!!!! Yay!!!!! You must be feeling awesome! It won't be much longer! 8)

Hi Ann. Definitely is only around the corner..Greetings my dear and all the best..it was great so far with all its ups ans downs

Cheers

Tom

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
little_apple said:
It's a little bit more difficult to find a place to live since we've had the flood last year. But it is possible. I've had many couchsurfers from all over Europe staying with me in the last few months who moved to Calgary. They all found a decent place within 1 week.

You can send me a message here or on Facebook with things you are looking for, price range, house or condo, size, which area you want to live in and I keep my eyes open for you.

I'm so excited for you :D
Hi Vanessa

i have no idea where in the city i should look for apartment as I have never been there before! For starters and to save some money I am going to look for a furnished room like the ones in airbnb. But when the family arrives I must have already rented a decent apartment in a fairly safe residential part of the city! Money is tight so I will have to make the best out of it!

Tom

CanucksFan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
25-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
25-11-2013 2nd Medical
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 2nd Medical Redone
Interview........
19-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2014
messenger said:
Haleluja may the Lord be praised.... الله أكبر, Dios es Grande! Inshallah! 上帝是偉大的 ! El Dio e Grande!Allah ou Akbar! Dieu est Grand! 神は素晴らしい! God is groot! Бог велик! Бог је велики! Mungu ni kubwa!
Δωξα σοι ο Θ
εος..

Dear XXXXX XXXXXXX:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to complete the processing of your application you must:
Provide this office with an original PASSPORT for you in order that an immigrant visa be affixed. The passport(s) must contain at least one blank page and must be valid beyond your planned date of arrival in Canada. The passport(s) will normally be returned by registered mail to the mailing address we have in our records. Please also send a photocopy of the
passport page containing your personal details and photo.
If you wish to have same day service, please come to our office in person. Please consult our web site (see below) for our hours of operation.
We request that you comply with these instructions within two months of the date of this letter.
Failure to do so may result in the refusal of your application and the closure of your file.
Yours truly,
Visa Office
Embassy of Canada
Laurenzerberg 2
1010 Vienna, Austria
Email: vienn-visa @ international.gc.ca
Fax: 43 1 53138-3911
http://visa.kanada.at
TOM!!!!! Yaaaaaaaay!!!! Awesome news, what a wonderful surprise, that is really great. Good luck, all the best to you and your family!!!

Linda.raftl

Apr 24, 2012
Hi guys, did any one here had to undergo a second medical check? My husband did the medical check at the beginning and we sent it with the application. Today, I received a letter from Vienna asking my husband to do a second medical check with x rays. I don't really understand this. This is so frustrating really. We are already waiting 14 months :( Anybody with the same experience? Thanks a lot guys!!

Milance

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-13
Doc's Request.
28-01-14
AOR Received.
23-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
RE-DO 30-04-14
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Linda.raftl said:
Hi guys, did any one here had to undergo a second medical check? My husband did the medical check at the beginning and we sent it with the application. Today, I received a letter from Vienna asking my husband to do a second medical check with x rays. I don't really understand this. This is so frustrating really. We are already waiting 14 months :( Anybody with the same experience? Thanks a lot guys!!
Hello Linda,
We got the same request in april and my wife re-did her medical on april 30th we are also coming up on 14 months next week. Ours expired last november they are only valid for 1 year but some get an extension.

newpal

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-13...Sent and recvd 13.01.14
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17.04.2013 Stage 2 AOR
Med's Request
request 05.03.14 sent & recvd 11.03.2014
Med's Done....
First 19.06.2012
Interview........
NOT APPLICABLE :P
Passport Req..
In Process
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully Today
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
messenger said:
Haleluja may the Lord be praised.... الله أكبر, Dios es Grande! Inshallah! 上帝是偉大的 ! El Dio e Grande!Allah ou Akbar! Dieu est Grand! 神は素晴らしい! God is groot! Бог велик! Бог је велики! Mungu ni kubwa!
Δωξα σοι ο Θ
εος..
Dear Best Friend .... it is indeed a great News.. Congratulations.. Now you can start your best of life in Canada. I wish you goodluck. When are you leaving friend?

Radovan

Mar 31, 2014
Serbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2013
File Transfer...
20-10-2013
Med's Done....
09-07-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2014
Toooooooooo Tomeee :) Congrats and ZIVELI...
congrats to the others who recieved too...all the best in this next stage of living :*
COME VIENNAAAAA WORK FASTER....

Cvrca

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
07-02-2014 New PC & medical
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2012 and 14-02-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
19-06-2014
newpal said:
Dear Best Friend .... it is indeed a great News.. Congratulations.. Now you can start your best of life in Canada. I wish you goodluck. When are you leaving friend?
Goooo, newpal! You must be next! ;) :-*

commonlawsponsor

May 29, 2013
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2014
LANDED..........
Will land 27-11-2014
messenger said:
i have no idea where in the city i should look for apartment as I have never been there before! For starters and to save some money I am going to look for a furnished room like the ones in airbnb. But when the family arrives I must have already rented a decent apartment in a fairly safe residential part of the city!
To get you started ;)

http://imgur.com/udpgw0D