N/A
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2014
LANDED..........
05-05-2014
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, just registered after reading as much as possible. Like everyone else I'm frustrated with Vienna and I find myself constantly checking the CIC website and my email but there is nothing happening. Today makes 7 months since presumably my application was sent to Vienna from Mississauga but I've never heard from them since then. For the record I'm sponsoring my wife from Bosnia and I've seen the processing times go from 8 months to 13 months and who knows what's gonna happen next month. I'm hoping to speak to my MP soon to give them my 2 cents and I keep waiting and being frustrated.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014 - NEW POLICE CERTIFICATE
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR
Med's Done....
13-09-2013 (EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR)
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
Adi777 said:
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, just registered after reading as much as possible. Like everyone else I'm frustrated with Vienna and I find myself constantly checking the CIC website and my email but there is nothing happening. Today makes 7 months since presumably my application was sent to Vienna from Mississauga but I've never heard from them since then. For the record I'm sponsoring my wife from Bosnia and I've seen the processing times go from 8 months to 13 months and who knows what's gonna happen next month. I'm hoping to speak to my MP soon to give them my 2 cents and I keep waiting and being frustrated.

Hi Adi, I am new to this forum as well but I'd like to share my thoughts with you. Vienna Office is hell, many people I know have gone through it and now me as well. It's been less than one month since Vienna received my husband's application so I'll be waiting much longer.

Generally 1 year waiting time is expected; some wait less, some more. However, I would think that because you are sponsoring your wife that it would be a quicker process since she most likely didn't serve in the military. The security and background checks take forever if military was served. My deduction is that either they are unsure about how genuine your relationship is or that someone has forgotten/lost the application. Another option, and I really hope for you that it is this one :) is that they are almost done and that you'll hear from them any day now. Did you specify your wife's email? Has she received anything in the mail? They will contact her if they need any additional paperwork of if she was approved. She should be checking her mail and email often.

Now, You should have received a letter from CIC telling you the application was sent to Vienna, correct? In that letter there is a contact email address. If I was in your situation, I would email them about your application and remember to specify your application number. Ask them what is happening with the application. I know people who have gotten their permanent residence within 6 months of applying and other have waited 1-2 years. I still believe that it should be faster for you. Again, this is my opinion, I hope I have helped in some way.

Mika

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Adi777 said:
Hi all,

Welcome to our thread Adi

Vienna is doing pretty bad this year (and last) keeping up with expectations of applicants. I as well as many others have been sitting here dormant for a while.Since the past few months frustration is in order daily for everyone here!
But as I posted here couple days ago I learned from a source I have in the Athens embassy that Vienna's bad performance (the slowest in Europe) is being due to its size being a very small VO and to its lack of qualified case workers.
To tell you the truth this has put my mind at ease because all this time I was really suffering!
Also last week Vienna has posted Job openings for Case Workers so in a way this shows to me that they care and are trying to correct the wrongs.. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/austria-autriche/offices-bureaux/processing_assistant_immigration_2013-adjoint_au_traitement_immigration_2013.aspx?lang=en

So please be patient, (I know I wasn't :) ) and stay cool as I believe that soon Vienna will start contacting us!

Regards

Tom

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
To all new members here in Vienna thread..

To make life easier and to get to know each other better please try to show your timeline on your profile here (take as an example mine) This way we all know our timelines and we don't have to ask all the times.

Also...many of us registered here with pseudo names ( user names) On the way some of us got really close and we felt we should use our world names. If you feel you want to share your real name here do it! It's only going to help for a more friendly and personal communication here in the thread.
For starters you have noticed my name is Tom although my user is messenger.

Regards to all

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
A question from those who have gotten their visas:

If I want to pay for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee from Germany how do I do it?

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Avissa said:
A question from those who have gotten their visas:

If I want to pay for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee from Germany how do I do it?
You can do it online with a credit card. Here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?lob=proc&cat=Permanent+Residence

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014 - NEW POLICE CERTIFICATE
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR
Med's Done....
13-09-2013 (EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR)
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
messenger said:
To all new members here in Vienna thread..

To make life easier and to get to know each other better please try to show your timeline on your profile here (take as an example mine) This way we all know our timelines and we don't have to ask all the times.

Also...many of us registered here with pseudo names ( user names) On the way some of us got really close and we felt we should use our world names. If you feel you want to share your real name here do it! It's only going to help for a more friendly and personal communication here in the thread.
For starters you have noticed my name is Tom although my user is messenger.

Regards to all
Hello Tom :) can you explain to me how to put my timeline? I can't seem to find the area when i go to edit my profile? Where do I go to do this? Thank you!

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Mikac15 said:
Hello Tom :) can you explain to me how to put my timeline? I can't seem to find the area when i go to edit my profile? Where do I go to do this? Thank you!
Click on your profile (top right corner bar - where the Home button is), and on the left of the screen, under "Modify Profile", choose "Forum profile information".

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
Hi Adi Welcome to our forum
Just one advise be PATIENT And good luck

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
Avadava said:
You can do it online with a credit card. Here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?lob=proc&cat=Permanent+Residence
WOW thanks :) that is very helpful

Canada1944

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Adi777 said:
Hi all,

Hello adi777,

I'm also waiting 7 months after 2 week it will be 8 months that im waiting for my PR and from the day that my files where send from Missisauga to Vienna i didnt hear anything from them, so lets hope we will hear something news soon......

alvinn

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 28. 2013
Med's Done....
march 28. 2013
Interview........
december 17. 2013
Passport Req..
january 20 2014
VISA ISSUED...
31 january 2014
LANDED..........
fabruary 7 2014
hi adi...hahaha..adi is new obviously...adi vienna is so slowwww.....and just be patient..and don`t ask them or wait for any answers from them..because they dont do that. i applied in january 2013 and i have my interview last month..and now waiting for final YES or NO.....but even i done everything...i`m still in some queue for processing.so still waiting. i`m in bosnia as well..so welcome and if you have any questions just ask.

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
Mikac15 said:
Hi Mika,
you will be able to enter your timeline after 10 posts...so, 2 more to go :)

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
messenger said:
Also last week Vienna has posted Job openings for Case Workers so in a way this shows to me that they care and are trying to correct the wrongs.. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/austria-autriche/offices-bureaux/processing_assistant_immigration_2013-adjoint_au_traitement_immigration_2013.aspx?lang=en
Type of employment: Emergency employment.

At least Vienna is realising that they need help to get rid of the backlog. Let's hope that Vienna has already found a case worker and processing times will decrease starting next month. I am wondering why so many Embassies stopped processing permanent resident applications and Vienna took over if Vienna is such a small VO. Guess we will never find out why.

denis_mtrl

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, some people on the thread were wondering like myself whether they should re-do medical exams
without waiting on the embassy to ask for it.
So I have asked and the reply from embassy was not to do anything unless they ask for it.
I'll follow that advice, in order not to confuse their chain of processing.

Cheers