+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

mandsandjo

Feb 1, 2016
Hi everyone,

has anyone actually had to go to Vienna to do an interview while being in Canada and applying outland? And if so, does the sponsor accompany the principal applicant or is the interview for the principal applicant only since it's outland? What were red flags that led to the interview? The cost of flying to Vienna, hotels, etc. for both of us would be substantial and I'm trying to figure out how likely it would be for us to be called in for an interview to prove how genuine our relationship is. From what I understand, the landing "interview" will be done in Canada.
Thanks!

barse

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
30-04-2016
IELTS Request
SA Received: 19-05-2016
File Transfer...
23-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
mandsandjo said:
Hi everyone,

has anyone actually had to go to Vienna to do an interview while being in Canada and applying outland? And if so, does the sponsor accompany the principal applicant or is the interview for the principal applicant only since it's outland? What were red flags that led to the interview? The cost of flying to Vienna, hotels, etc. for both of us would be substantial and I'm trying to figure out how likely it would be for us to be called in for an interview to prove how genuine our relationship is. From what I understand, the landing "interview" will be done in Canada.
Thanks!
This forum is not that much active since senior members quickly retire after joining their loved ones ;D
I don't know much but just let me say what I think. Basically, if PA is in Canada, you apply 'inland', if not 'outland'. Interviews are to clear up many questions related to security, illegibility, and proving the relationship TO ENTER Canada. Therefore, i do not think there is 'LANDING' interview IN Canada. Based on this, if PA is in Canada, but Application submitted as 'outland', I guess, you either fly out and do the interview or do a 'case specific enquiry' to change address so that they may allow you have the interview somewhere here in Canada (I have no proof to substantiate this). Otherwise, I am not sure if changing the whole application from 'outland' to 'inland' is possible either. In my case, my wife is trying to get visitor's visa and will go back for the interview in Vienna. I can not accompany her to interview - I read on one of the threads I will not be allowed to seat with her during the interview - strictly it is PAs interview. But PA can inform the interviewing officer that I am there - they can check that it is me, but not more than that.

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
Shantaveli said:
It will be long and quiet summer....

Whoever contacted Vienna after a document request, did someone reply to the inquiry in certain time or at all? ::)
Hi,

They usually replied within 24 to 48 hours after my inquiries.

sask8884

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-06-2016
Hi. Has anyone tried linking their application to their MyCIC account? I tried to link my spouse's application (he is the principal applicant, I'm the sponsor), but the application couldn't be found.

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
sask8884 said:
Hi. Has anyone tried linking their application to their MyCIC account? I tried to link my spouse's application (he is the principal applicant, I'm the sponsor), but the application couldn't be found.
Hi,

Same here. I have tried several times with several combinations but the result: no applications found. I have email IRCC and they responded that my application has not been entered into the system yet.

Shantaveli

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
You must enter 2 for persons included in the application : the sponsor and PA. Also, at the beginning I made the mistake to enter passport and place of birth info. It must be entered just one of them.
It was frustrating today to link our application but we are happy that we succeeded.

sask8884

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-06-2016
Shantaveli said:
You must enter 2 for persons included in the application : the sponsor and PA. Also, at the beginning I made the mistake to enter passport and place of birth info. It must be entered just one of them.
It was frustrating today to link our application but we are happy that we succeeded.
I had been blocked from linking my application for 24 hours since I made 5 attempts. I wish they would explain better what needs to be entered. I just tried linking the application again following your advice and I was finally successful. I just entered the passport number with it's issue and expiry dates and left the city and country of birth empty.

Thank you! Once again, I wish we did not have to search the forums for instructions how to do it properly.

ASAD1ASAD

Star Member
May 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JULY 2016
Doc's Request.
JULY 2016
sookie85 said:
Hi,

Same here. I have tried several times with several combinations but the result: no applications found. I have email IRCC and they responded that my application has not been entered into the system yet.
I sent you personal message.
asad

Noa-Narcis

Jun 19, 2016
I have a question.
I had ask for GCMS one month ago,so today I got the email.
My sponsor (my wife) she is in Canada,there is information about her, it says that her martial status : married
relationship :spouse
but about my information it says
marital status : single ???
undertaking lenght : 36 months ???

Why my status is single and why 36 months?

Shantaveli

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Noa-Narcis said:
I have a question.
I had ask for GCMS one month ago,so today I got the email.
My sponsor (my wife) she is in Canada,there is information about her, it says that her martial status : married
relationship :spouse
but about my information it says
marital status : single ???
undertaking lenght : 36 months ???

Why my status is single and why 36 months?
Hey,
Don't worry about the single status. It's just an error or if you've ever applied for travel visa, they didn't update the status.
Although this info would help you to link your application to MyCIC if you haven't done so far.
36 months is the length of the commitment your wife declared (signed) will be responsible for you.

May I ask you when you received your GCMS, what does it say about the process of your case? Eligibility, criminality, security?

We have very similar timeline. Our checks are all done... I don't know what they are waiting for... :-\

Noa-Narcis

Jun 19, 2016
Shantaveli said:
Hey,
Don't worry about the single status. It's just an error or if you've ever applied for travel visa, they didn't update the status.
Although this info would help you to link your application to MyCIC if you haven't done so far.
36 months is the length of the commitment your wife declared (signed) will be responsible for you.

May I ask you when you received your GCMS, what does it say about the process of your case? Eligibility, criminality, security?

We have very similar timeline. Our checks are all done... I don't know what they are waiting for... :-\

Hey,
GCMS was like on 29 pages :/
Mostly says information about me,my wife.
Also information that my wife able to be my sponsor.
About criminality says in proccess,security in proccess,only medical that I passed.
Maybe it was too early to ask them for GCMS,we asked on 27.6.2016 and got the answer 29.7.2016.
They start working on our aplication 07.04.2016,now is summer,vacation...

Shantaveli

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Noa-Narcis said:
Maybe it was too early to ask them for GCMS,we asked on 27.6.2016 and got the answer 29.7.2016.
They start working on our aplication 07.04.2016,now is summer,vacation...
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Working on a single file almost 4 months ?! Based on the statistics it's long. ::)
We are the only February applicants who have left without DM of all European VO...
Wondering how to put my life on stand-by mode just because it's someone's vacation.

GG and B

Star Member
Mar 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016
Passport Req..
09-11-2016 COPR
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
Hello fellow Vienna applicants.

Can anyone tell me if Vienna is known to send out AOR 2 by mail / e-mail or are they one of the Visa Offices that don't?

Thanks.