17-02-2015
Passport Req..
april-14-2015
VISA ISSUED...
april-20-2015
LANDED..........
may-09-2015
spaceexp said:
Do you have some link for that? I've heard they changed it from 3 out of 5 to 4 out of 6 years, plus the days spent in Canada after applying for PR count as 1/2 a day (not sure if this applies for outland applicants)?
beasicly u have to be in canada for 3 years dosent matter how u applie

Proposed amendments include changes to citizenship residency requirements. According to the current Citizenship Act, applicants must have resided in Canada for three out of four years (1,095 out of 1,460 days), yet ‘residence’ is not defined. As a result, it has been possible for individuals who have spent little time in Canada to acquire citizenship. The amendments would require applicants to be physically present for four years (1,460 days) in a six-year period, and require applicants to be physically present in Canada for at least 183 days per year in four of the six years.

Sweetpain

Jul 16, 2014
friedrich89 said:
Wow you received your CoPR quite fast. Are you currently living in Germany?
We got our DM on December 12th but still waiting to receive a letter from Vienna.
Yes im in germany at the moment, i was linving here during the whole process. I cant wait to return to canada, my flight is already booked for march :D
Hope u get ur letter tomorrow as christmas surprise ;)

dominokitty

Mar 19, 2014
Canada - Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront, then again on 25-05-2016
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
30-06-2016 - Calgary
Hello! Do any of you know of anyone who applied outland through the Vienna office as an Austrian citizen? I see a pattern emerging where German citizens are often processed more quickly than others even though it is all going through the same office. Is that just luck? I wonder if my husband (an austrian) would be processed quickly as well since he is also an EU citizen?

I could also be imagining things. Mostly just looking for someone from Austria to talk to/read through their timeline. Thank you!

verna

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
bosnia
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2014
Doc's Request.
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
05-01- 2014 re do 26/02/2015
Interview........
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
april-14-2015
VISA ISSUED...
april-20-2015
LANDED..........
may-09-2015
dominokitty said:
Hello! Do any of you know of anyone who applied outland through the Vienna office as an Austrian citizen? I see a pattern emerging where German citizens are often processed more quickly than others even though it is all going through the same office. Is that just luck? I wonder if my husband (an austrian) would be processed quickly as well since he is also an EU citizen?

I could also be imagining things. Mostly just looking for someone from Austria to talk to/read through their timeline. Thank you!
there is nothing to do with luck, in my opinion they process faster EU citizen than non EU citizen, why, i guss they know. also there is other factors such as how many application they recive and stuff that deal with all thouse applicaton.
you colud change office of process to rome or pairs or london and good luck .

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
verna said:
there is nothing to do with luck, in my opinion they process faster EU citizen than non EU citizen, why, i guss they know. also there is other factors such as how many application they recive and stuff that deal with all thouse applicaton.
you colud change office of process to rome or pairs or london and good luck .
I'm German and had to wait over a year. A friend of mine, also German, had to wait 14 months. Another friend, Nigerian living in Slovenia, received COPR faster than us. We all applied in 2012. I don't think the processing time has to do with being an EU citizen or not. It depends what kind of officer you get.

As an Austrian he or she has to apply through Vienna. You can't just say Rome or Paris just because it's faster.

dominokitty

Mar 19, 2014
Canada - Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront, then again on 25-05-2016
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
30-06-2016 - Calgary
little_apple said:
I'm German and had to wait over a year. A friend of mine, also German, had to wait 14 months. Another friend, Nigerian living in Slovenia, received COPR faster than us. We all applied in 2012. I don't think the processing time has to do with being an EU citizen or not. It depends what kind of officer you get.

As an Austrian he or she has to apply through Vienna. You can't just say Rome or Paris just because it's faster.
We could also hypothetically apply through Paris since he has dual citizenship in France and Austria, I think - but he would have to move back to France then which would only prolong our process. I see you have landed in Calgary! I am from Medicine Hat, not too far from you at all. I am picking my husband up and flying out to Austria through the YYC airport all the time! If you don't mind me asking, what's your story? :) I wonder mainly because I'm not sure if couples who already live together are faster than couples who can't because of this silly visa process. I'm trying to ballpark how long we can realistically expect to wait. Everyone tells me we will be faster than the ~2 years because we have no red flags that I can think of (aside from not living together, which is simply a product of our different nationalities and nothing else. We'd do it in a heartbeat if we could.).

I have also heard of some people being transferred to the Ottawa office instead of Vienna for whatever reason, does anyone know why that might be? It seems to be much faster.

verna

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
bosnia
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2014
Doc's Request.
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
april-14-2015
VISA ISSUED...
april-20-2015
LANDED..........
may-09-2015
dominokitty said:
We could also hypothetically apply through Paris since he has dual citizenship in France and Austria, I think - but he would have to move back to France then which would only prolong our process. I see you have landed in Calgary! I am from Medicine Hat, not too far from you at all. I am picking my husband up and flying out to Austria through the YYC airport all the time! If you don't mind me asking, what's your story? :) I wonder mainly because I'm not sure if couples who already live together are faster than couples who can't because of this silly visa process. I'm trying to ballpark how long we can realistically expect to wait. Everyone tells me we will be faster than the ~2 years because we have no red flags that I can think of (aside from not living together, which is simply a product of our different nationalities and nothing else. We'd do it in a heartbeat if we could.).

I have also heard of some people being transferred to the Ottawa office instead of Vienna for whatever reason, does anyone know why that might be? It seems to be much faster.
i can that questin why transfer to ottawa , it becuse of backlog, somtimes they transfer cases to proces faster, also last year vienna office were on strike. but u could expect within a year vienna pick up process

Toronto1989

Oct 7, 2014
zedtoronto said:
We're a Hungarian Couple too, our Application has been in VO since Oct 15, 2013, sitting in some pile, gathering dust. Like you say we will knock on their door at the 17 month mark. I think there is one other Hungarian couple waiting too.

Since it's 19 months you'll probably have to redo Medical and Police report. I believe the medical timeline is tied in with the COPR usually a year. If no interview, they may ask for Docs (Chats, Pix etc) to say what you have been doing, as a couple since May 2013.....Hopefully we will all get done in the next month or two.....Good Luck and keep us posted, on your progress; Toronto1989
Hi Zed,
Great news for us, we received the CoPR on Dec. 19 :) We had already been asked to redo the medical and the police certificate in November (which we did) and then they asked us in a seperate mail to pay the Permanent Resident fee ($ 490). No interview and they didn't ask for any other evidence.
I think E-case status changed to DM around Dec. 15th. And then on Friday we received the CoPR via mail.
My husband has until Nov. 8, 2015 to enter Canada. So the COPR is indeed tied to the new medical date. I thought we would have to go to Vienna to get this in the passport, but as others have already written in the forum, Hungary is a visa exempt country so no other documents needed other than the COPR. There were two copies included, one for us and one for CIC with a picture attached. This is the one he will need to sign when he enters Canada. Hope you will get the COPR very soon !!! Happy New Year !

Toronto1989

Oct 7, 2014
Volobea said:
zedtoronto said:
We're a Hungarian Couple too, our Application has been in VO since Oct 15, 2013, sitting in some pile, gathering dust. Like you say we will knock on their door at the 17 month mark. I think there is one other Hungarian couple waiting too.

Since it's 19 months you'll probably have to redo Medical and Police report. I believe the medical timeline is tied in with the COPR usually a year. If no interview, they may ask for Docs (Chats, Pix etc) to say what you have been doing, as a couple since May 2013.....Hopefully we will all get done in the next month or two.....Good Luck and keep us posted, on your progress; Toronto1989

Zedtoronto, Toronto1989,

Can I contact you in private??? I tried to send you an email but for some reason it says I can not...
Hi Volbea, you can send me a private message if you like: christina.safian@gmail.com

zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto1989 said:
Hi Zed,
Great news for us, we received the CoPR on Dec. 19 :) We had already been asked to redo the medical and the police certificate in November (which we did) and then they asked us in a seperate mail to pay the Permanent Resident fee ($ 490). No interview and they didn't ask for any other evidence.
I think E-case status changed to DM around Dec. 15th. And then on Friday we received the CoPR via mail.
My husband has until Nov. 8, 2015 to enter Canada. So the COPR is indeed tied to the new medical date. I thought we would have to go to Vienna to get this in the passport, but as others have already written in the forum, Hungary is a visa exempt country so no other documents needed other than the COPR. There were two copies included, one for us and one for CIC with a picture attached. This is the one he will need to sign when he enters Canada. Hope you will get the COPR very soon !!! Happy New Year !
Congratulations, if you want to contact me, click o n my name. next window then scroll down to "send private message, which goes through the forum mail box service. I send one to you in case that didn't work..

zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto1989 said:
Hi Zed,
Congratulations Toronto1989 if you wish to contact me for a private message (As per your request Zedtoronto, Toronto1989, Can I contact you in private??? I tried to send you an email but for some reason it says I can not...)

zedtoronto@gmail.com (just a dummy email address for you to contact me) and yes my other half is Roma Hungarian.

Zed

Abdel2014

Sep 20, 2014
Hello,

I have a question please. When the embassy sends the passport with visa to applicant, do they send the CoPR with ?

Thanks

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
Abdel2014 said:
Hello,

I have a question please. When the embassy sends the passport with visa to applicant, do they send the CoPR with ?

Thanks
Yes

verna

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
bosnia
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2014
Doc's Request.
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
april-14-2015
VISA ISSUED...
april-20-2015
LANDED..........
may-09-2015
i have interview in vienna feb 17 2015 my medical expire jan 6 2015 , dose anyone knows will they ask for new medical if interviw went well?