17-01-2013
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-02-2014
newpal said:
after Security checks , u may or maynot call for Interview.. may be they ask for Medical (if it is expired)....by the way where are you from and when did you file your case?
europe said:
after Backround check , is nothing more to do , i was told by our MPand also By Vienna officer the backround check is from 3-6 months, an that is right dependce who is doing the backround checks, your time is almost here, whne did you applied
Thanks for the info.
I am from Croatia, and I filed my case in March. My husband was approved as a sponsor on April 17th. I did my medical in January 2013. Is it good for 6 months or for a year? I don't think they will ask for another medical because when I check my status online it says that medical results have been received. Now I'm waiting for the update since it says that they do it quarterly (and last one was in July) to see if there is gonna be any change. If not, my husband will call MP again.
Well, I'm hoping for the best; to get my papers by the end of the year... As soon as I get some new info, I'll write.

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012 redo the medical February 05 2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
JJ 22 said:
Thanks for the info.
I am from Croatia, and I filed my case in March. My husband was approved as a sponsor on April 17th. I did my medical in January 2013. Is it good for 6 months or for a year? I don't think they will ask for another medical because when I check my status online it says that medical results have been received. Now I'm waiting for the update since it says that they do it quarterly (and last one was in July) to see if there is gonna be any change. If not, my husband will call MP again.
Well, I'm hoping for the best; to get my papers by the end of the year... As soon as I get some new info, I'll write.
JJ22 where in Canada your husband live, Medical are ok until January 2014 , if your medical will expire they will ask for the new one , my husbands medical was expired only 1 week and they asked for the medical to redo, and after week week he did we got COPR, i am from Montenegro , i hope your procees is going to end soon, Good luck all the best

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
europe said:
JJ22 where in Canada your husband live, Medical are ok until January 2014 , if your medical will expire they will ask for the new one , my husbands medical was expired only 1 week and they asked for the medical to redo, and after week week he did we got COPR, i am from Montenegro , i hope your procees is going to end soon, Good luck all the best
Hi Europe,
we seem to have a similar background, my husband is from Serbia...just looking at your timeline...after received in Vienna it took 12 months? Did he serve in military and did they request his military booklet? We are 12 months from submitting the application, and 11 months since it has been in Vienna.

JJ 22

Sep 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
File Transfer...
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-02-2014
europe said:
Thank you, we all need luck. We live in Vancouver, I'm here with my husband as a visitor now. Well, I hope it's gonna end soon too. I know the process is a little bit shorter when a husband is sponsoring wife because they don't need military booklet. I can't do anything but wait. Thank you again...

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
nada3 said:
Hi Europe,
we seem to have a similar background, my husband is from Serbia...just looking at your timeline...after received in Vienna it took 12 months? Did he serve in military and did they request his military booklet? We are 12 months from submitting the application, and 11 months since it has been in Vienna.
No he never serve in militarybut in Montenegro militaqry doesnt exist any more , and we have to go to ministry of defense to give us the papers that he never been in military
My procees was 12 months total from the time Mississauga got my files, and 8 months from Vienna start my applications, nada when did you start again your process

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
JJ 22 said:
Thank you, we all need luck. We live in Vancouver, I'm here with my husband as a visitor now. Well, I hope it's gonna end soon too. I know the process is a little bit shorter when a husband is sponsoring wife because they don't need military booklet. I can't do anything but wait. Thank you again...
JJ good luck again , and hope all of you who are waiting will have some good news

Toronto ASAP

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 2014, new PC and Interview invitation
AOR Received.
Stage 1 - 15 Feb 2013, SA 22 Feb 2013
File Transfer...
Stage 2 AOR - 01 March 2013
Med's Done....
11 Jan 2013, 2nd 07 March 2014
Interview........
05 March 2014
Passport Req..
29 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 May 2014
nada3 said:
Hi Toronto,
yes you are right, ours is going to take longer because of the miltary. I got the GCMS notes in August and the last entry was in April that they received the military booklet. It looked like they didn't touch it since. I hope they will start to clear the backlog. Did you look up online if they started your application yet?

Strpljenje je vrlina koja je neophodna u ovim situacijama; ako je nemas nista ti nece pomoci :)
If you mean did I check Ecas, I did, nothing there besides - we received your app on... Medical received...

Now I know why, they simple did not touch my file :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Got my GCMS notes. This is VO Vienna result from end of February till end of September -

Eligibility: not started
Criminality: not started
Security: not started
Medical: Passed

I just don't know what to say at this point. Just wish someone gets some good news so I know there are some people alive and working over there!

JJ 22 a question for you, did you ever order GCMS or you know they started background checks for you according to your MPs info? Do you think MPs help somehow? Anyway we will contact ours as soon as I come to Canada, that's the only option left now, right?

I was so angry when I saw those GCMS yesterday, I immediately went to exercise to try to get rid of the bad energy. I worked out so much that now every muscle in my body hurts... seems I was too angry :D

Now I am even more happy that I got my TRV and will be visiting my husband in 2 weeks instead of waiting for any sign from Vienna! Trying to look the brighter side here ;) Sorry if I sounded frustrated, I just had to let it out :'(

JJ 22

Sep 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
File Transfer...
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-02-2014
Toronto ASAP,
No, I didn't order those GCMS notes. To be honest, I didn't even know that that exists or that you can order them. Our MP contacted Vienna and told us about that security check.
I don't think that contacting MP helped in any way, because, according to his info, they started security check even before he contacted Vienna. Now, I'm actually a little bit scared to contact MP again because some people mentioned that it is not good to request the info from Vienna very often, that it can slow things down. But again, if you don't try... Maybe it helps if they know that somebody wants to know what are they doing. I don't know what to think.
I feel your anger, 8 months, and they still haven't started anything?! That is just insane! Your husband can call MP now, it doesn't matter that you are not in Canada. My husband called him while I was in Croatia.
Good luck with everything! I hope that you will get your papers soon. Just try to forget about it and enjoy your time in Canada with your husband. :)

sunny94

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
end of December 2012
Doc's Request.
Middle of february 2014
AOR Received.
middle of feruary 2013 by e-mail
File Transfer...
middle of february 2013, + AOR by e-mail
Med's Request
2nd time: April 2014
Med's Done....
1st time: November 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
middle of July 2014
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to let you know that I am still alive, though not in the best mood... Well, it can be understood I guess.

Now it's being the 8th month for me too since Vienna received our application. This is just too rough for my mind and my body too. I've lost few pounds in the passed few weeks, I don't feel alright, but I try to keep myself as strong as I can.
I just want to be back to my husband as soon as possible. I need him so much.

I hope soon we will get news from the visa office, seriously, it just cannot be possible... What are they doing with us? :(

God bless all of us, guys. Hang on...

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
sunny94 said:
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to let you know that I am still alive, though not in the best mood... Well, it can be understood I guess.

Now it's being the 8th month for me too since Vienna received our application. This is just too rough for my mind and my body too. I've lost few pounds in the passed few weeks, I don't feel alright, but I try to keep myself as strong as I can.
I just want to be back to my husband as soon as possible. I need him so much.

I hope soon we will get news from the visa office, seriously, it just cannot be possible... What are they doing with us? :(

I hear ya. It's really rough especially with winter coming (I assume you live in Germany, Austria or the Netherlands and will be experiencing the cold gray winter). What's annoying to me is that other VOs in Asia are responding within more than half the time they've mentioned for processing on the CIC website :mad:

I know that not much can help you feel better, but I just wanted to say that I can understand your loneliness, sorrow, frustration; and that you are not alone.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Avissa said:
hope soon we will get news from the visa office, seriously, it just cannot be possible... What are they doing with us? Sad

Rome until recently had a posted 14 months Processing Time and is now 13 months.
But!
All Rome applicants with no exemptions are taking COPR's in less than 8 months from initial applications received!
Just ask anyone who dealt with Rome.

Also...just a couple of days ago I sent a Case specific to Vienna announcing the birth of our baby from last week as we are obliged to do! This is their answer today! hahaha. I hope they did not twist a finger for having to type so much!

re-vienn.immigration @ international.gc.ca
12:46 PM (3 hours ago)

to XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX.
Thank you for your information.

Visa Office / Bureau des visas
Canadian Embassy/ Ambassade du Canada
Laurenzerberg 2/ 3
A-1010 Vienna/ Vienne
Austria/Autriche
www.kanada.at
Please note that we respond to enquiries in one of the official languages, English or French.
Veuillez prendre note que nous répondons aux demandes de renseignements dans l'une des langues officielles, le français ou l'anglais.

sunny94

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
end of December 2012
Doc's Request.
Middle of february 2014
AOR Received.
middle of feruary 2013 by e-mail
File Transfer...
middle of february 2013, + AOR by e-mail
Med's Request
2nd time: April 2014
Med's Done....
1st time: November 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
middle of July 2014
messenger said:
Rome until recently had a posted 14 months Processing Time and is now 13 months.
But!
All Rome applicants with no exemptions are taking COPR's in less than 8 months from initial applications received!
Just ask anyone who dealt with Rome.

Also...just a couple of days ago I sent a Case specific to Vienna announcing the birth of our baby from last week as we are obliged to do! This is their answer today! hahaha. I hope they did not twist a finger for having to type so much!

re-vienn.immigration @ international.gc.ca
12:46 PM (3 hours ago)

to XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX.
Thank you for your information.

Visa Office / Bureau des visas
Canadian Embassy/ Ambassade du Canada
Laurenzerberg 2/ 3
A-1010 Vienna/ Vienne
Austria/Autriche
www.kanada.at
Please note that we respond to enquiries in one of the official languages, English or French.
Veuillez prendre note que nous répondons aux demandes de renseignements dans l'une des langues officielles, le français ou l'anglais.
Well, stay positive... At least they answered something. :)

I cannot understand why they are slow like this... Really, other visa offices finish the applications really faster, not even takes 1 year. Don't be misunderstood, I am really patient, just it's nor fair. :/

About Asia though keep in mind, there instead of 20 officers they put 100. Well, I dunno exactly the numbers but in every country, especially in China there are a lot more officers than here in Europe. I guess it counts a bit too.

But, well.... Let's hope Vienna will decrease those 12 months too. :)

MrSputnik

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunny94 said:
Well, stay positive... At least they answered something. :)

I cannot understand why they are slow like this... Really, other visa offices finish the applications really faster, not even takes 1 year. Don't be misunderstood, I am really patient, just it's nor fair. :/

About Asia though keep in mind, there instead of 20 officers they put 100. Well, I dunno exactly the numbers but in every country, especially in China there are a lot more officers than here in Europe. I guess it counts a bit too.

But, well.... Let's hope Vienna will decrease those 12 months too. :)
I understand that everyone of us would like to get their COPR yesterday and that it is frustrating that Vienna seems to be answering slowly. But please keep in mind that you cannot compare other VO to Vienna. First of all Vienna is responsible for processing visa applications from 12 countries where as for example New Delhi is only responsible for 3 countries (two of them Nepal and Butan which are fairly small). In addition to that there are so many factors which have an impact on processing time. Number of applications, each case is different and takes more or less case, workers being sick and so on and so on ... therefore you just cannot compare the processing times between visa offices.

sponsor2012

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Fingerprints request 11.03.2013. Redone 19.04.2013 . Vienna received on 23.04.2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
07.01.2012 redone 13.02.2013
Interview........
16.10.2012 in process from 19.10.2012
Passport Req..
11.10.2013 Vienna received on 15.10.2013
VISA ISSUED...
17.10.2013 I received passport on 25.10.2013
LANDED..........
Hello Guys

I have an excellent news. I just got an email from Vienna to send the passport. Thanks God

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D