+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vienna Office Processing Time Issue

echomkd

May 26, 2015
Yes, I will probably do that. I will send both passports, the passport request letter and maybe I will write a short letter of explanation why am I sending two passports.

MrScarface

Jan 18, 2015
Just a quick question, echomkd, why did you have to send in your passport?
Because you come from a country where you need a Temporary resident visa?
Or is that a standard procedure that they need your passport?
I havent found anything online on the CIC website, it says if you apply only you only need to hand in your passport if youre from a country that needs a temporary visitor visa.
Since Im from one that doesnt need one, do I still have to submit my real passport some when or am I just going to get the "letter of introduction" per email and i show that to the border officer and they issue me the visa?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
If you need a visa to get info Canada they will request your passport at some point...

If you are not required to have a visa in order to get in there you will be required to submit it at any point

echomkd

May 26, 2015
Code:
Hey! Got my visa today as well
Congratulations katerinakam. Are you going to send your passport now or what?

Code:
Just a quick question, echomkd, why did you have to send in your passport?
Because you come from a country where you need a Temporary resident visa?
Or is that a standard procedure that they need your passport?
I havent found anything online on the CIC website, it says if you apply only you only need to hand in your passport if youre from a country that needs a temporary visitor visa.
Since Im from one that doesnt need one, do I still have to submit my real passport some when or am I just going to get the "letter of introduction" per email and i show that to the border officer and they issue me the visa?
Yes, they need my passport because I need a temporary residence visa which will be valid till the date that I will enter Canada. There the officer should issue me a study permit.

echomkd

May 26, 2015
Great, I have started today the process of reissuing my passport, so hopefully in a week or so I will send it also.

katerinakam

Jan 8, 2015
I am sure it will be all fine :) Good luck and thanks for being there and sharing information! It was really encouraging while waiting for results.. :)

echomkd

May 26, 2015
Always...we are here to support each other. Btw, where are exactly going? Which uni and place? What field?

echomkd

May 26, 2015
Wow great, my cousins in Canada did their undergraduate at Brock. As far as I have heard from them it is nice university, so good luck. I have also ambitions to do my master there, but something has change in the last moment. I am on a Computer Science, Master of Science graduate program at UOIT, Oshawa, Ontario.
p.s Please write me when you will get your passport back, since I am still waiting for mine to be renewed from the state officials. :)

caldi33

Oct 6, 2015
Dear all,

I would like to ask if any of you have had a similar experience. My common law partner is a Canadian Citizen. She currently resides outside of Canada, in Macedonia, where we have lived together for 4 years. This summer for the first time, I got a Single Entry Tourist Visa for Canada.I have used this visa, and visited Toronto for a full month.

Now, I would like to ask based on your experience what is the best way that I can get an Immigration visa. My partner is not employed in Canada, and thus has no Canadian employment income. Is it better for me to apply for Immigration visa from Macedonia, or is it better to enter Canada on a tourist visa and then apply for Immigration visa from inside Canada?

Has anyone had an experience such as ours? How long does it take for am Immigration visa to be issued from outside/inside of Canada. The official website cic.gov.ca states rather long times for visa issuance!

tnx