+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vienna Office Processing Time Issue

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
katerinakam said:
oh btw, today I have been googling the information about online applications. I have found out that they are processed from Canada, but not by a particular visa office, I don't know whether it is true or not, but that might be a reason for delay as well :)
No online applications are processed at the same embassy that would process your paper visa application... otherwise you would have send your passport to canada to get your visa issued.... It is supossed to take fewer time but I have seen tones of people getting their online applications delayed..

So just keep waiting... and send them a case inquiry and if you are lucky you will get a response soon enough

Rihan89

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna Visa Offce
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Not Needed
Interview........
Not Needed
VISA ISSUED...
18 - 05 - 15
LANDED..........
01-09-2015
I am from Macedonia,I have applied at the Vienna Embassy on paper based application and I got an answer in 11 days on my e-mail address that my study permit has been approved.It fast quite fast

echomkd

May 26, 2015
Thank you guys for the nice words :) I will keep you informed about my application. Wolfpmd3 I already sent mine case enquiry couple of days ago, so I am waiting for their response.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Don't worry it is all a matter of luck... Someone I know applied at the same embassy I did and he got visa 2 weeks after but I got mine 9 weeks after applying... We applied the same weeks with maybe 6 days difference..

So yes lucky him.... But hey I got my visa too so don't worry

echomkd

May 26, 2015
Hello guys. Today I have received a request to submit my original passport to the visa office in Vienna, so I think they have made a positive decision on my file since they require my passport. In the letter there is written that the passport should be valid for the expected duration of stay which for me is 08.2017 and my passport is valid till 05.2017. Now, I suppose I should get a new passport, but what about the passport number that i have previously wrote in the applying documents. That one and the number on the new passport will be different. Can you advise me what should I do? Thanks

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
echomkd said:
Hello guys. Today I have received a request to submit my original passport to the visa office in Vienna, so I think they have made a positive decision on my file since they require my passport. In the letter there is written that the passport should be valid for the expected duration of stay which for me is 08.2017 and my passport is valid till 05.2017. Now, I suppose I should get a new passport, but what about the passport number that i have previously wrote in the applying documents. That one and the number on the new passport will be different. Can you advise me what should I do? Thanks
Congrats echomkd!

You should send your new passport as it is your valid passport.

echomkd

May 26, 2015
Thanks mrs_ca. Dont you think that there will be a problem because of the different passports numbers...?

katerinakam

Jan 8, 2015
Congrats! I am happy to hear these news!

I am still waiting, fourth week, still no reply... but the fact that they replied to you gives me hope :)

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
echomkd said:
Thanks mrs_ca. Dont you think that there will be a problem because of the different passports numbers...?
It shouldn't, but if you have concern you can email to the embassy and explain the situation, usually it will take them about 4-5 business day to answer.

But I am sure you should send the new one. :)

echomkd

May 26, 2015
Thank you katerinakam. I am sure you will get positive response too. In my situation it took 1 month and 1 week...which is almost 6 weeks, so be patient :D

echomkd

May 26, 2015
It shouldn't, but if you have concern you can email to the embassy and explain the situation, usually it will take them about 4-5 business day to answer.

But I am sure you should send the new one.
I was thinking of sending them both passports...M?