+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vienna Office Processing Time Issue

echomkd

May 26, 2015
Hello to everybody,

I have applied online for a study permit in Canada on 22.04 this year. Since I am from Macedonia my application is being processed by the Vienna office. Unfortunately, there have passed more than 4 weeks, that according to the CIC website is the average processing time for this kind of applications. Now, the 5th week is passing but I do not have any response from the visa office. I have received several emails that say that my application is updated, but when I open the portal there is nothing new. Can you please share your experience with me if you have passed through the same process or maybe you know something that will help me. Also, I am thinking of contacting them through Case Specific Enquiry form on the CIC website. What do you think about that? Should I wait more? Thank you for your responses, I will be grateful if you share your opinions.

katerinakam

Jan 8, 2015
Hi :)

I have applied to Vienna on May 5th online and still have no reply. I got one message that my application was updated last week, but when I opened it nothing changed...

echomkd

May 26, 2015
Yes you are right. I will send mine probaby in a day or so...if meanwhile i dont get some response :D

echomkd

May 26, 2015
@ katerinakam have you maybe found some post of how long does the study permit requires in vienna? I mean post by somebody that has its own experience recently. Thanks

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Dude processing time for my embassy was 4 weeks as well... I had to wait 9 weeks exactly to get my visa issued...

So yes a lot of times that time is not reality... Good luck and just be patient

katerinakam

Jan 8, 2015
echomkd said:
@ katerinakam have you maybe found some post of how long does the study permit requires in vienna? I mean post by somebody that has its own experience recently. Thanks
yes, I have seen recently a young man from Macedonia, he applied paper based on May 7th and got his visa in 15 or 14 days.. I will try to find a link to this post

katerinakam

Jan 8, 2015
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t291574.0.html

here you go..

I thought they might have problems with processing online applications? since for me the fourth week is almost over

echomkd

May 26, 2015
Wolfpmd3 thanks for the encouraging words :D Katerinakam, that is a lucky guy. I hope we will get response as soon as possible. Also, I was in a doubt that maybe the recent situation in Macedonia affects on the time they are processing the visas, but after reading your posts I am not really sure about that. Who knows...

katerinakam

Jan 8, 2015
oh btw, today I have been googling the information about online applications. I have found out that they are processed from Canada, but not by a particular visa office, I don't know whether it is true or not, but that might be a reason for delay as well :)