+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Video oath update (Vancouver)

sloboswede

Jul 30, 2013
Hi all,
I inquired about taking the oath ceremony online yesterday and got this response today:

Hello,

Thank you for your message and patience as we navigate these challenging times. Out of consideration for the health and safety of our colleagues and clients, and as a precautionary measure in line with prevention efforts taking place across Canada in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented a temporary stoppage of all testing (including retesting), interviews and ceremony events in our offices. We have started scheduling applicants for a video oath ceremonies, so please wait for us to contact you.

If you believe your case is urgent, you can refer to website Apply for citizenship: Urgent processing for further information about what is considered an urgent request, how to submit an urgent request and the supporting documents you will need to prove your request is urgent. Each request is considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit our website for updates https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
Regards,
Vancouver Citizenship Office
BC Itinerant Services

Reactions: CitizenSoon

hafm

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
My wife just received her invite for Video Oath Ceremony today from Vancouver office. She had her previous oath date on 26th March. We didn't email or asked for urgent processing.
Congrats - when is the ceremony and did they say when they would email the details?

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
Oh great! I am also from Vancouver that scheduled on Mar 28. Let’s see

sloboswede

Jul 30, 2013
I had mine scheduled on the 26th Mar and haven't gotten an invitation yet
The cited email was a (automatic?) response to a question i had

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
I had mine scheduled on the 26th Mar and haven't gotten an invitation yet
The cited email was a (automatic?) response to a question i had
What city you are from?

Yan01

Jun 22, 2020
My wife just received her invite for Video Oath Ceremony today from Vancouver office. She had her previous oath date on 26th March. We didn't email or asked for urgent processing.
May I ask when she took her citizenship exam? Husband is on the same boat. Waiting for a schedule after passing the exam

CitizenSoon

Sep 19, 2018
Hi all,
I inquired about taking the oath ceremony online yesterday and got this response today:

Hello,

Thank you for your message and patience as we navigate these challenging times. Out of consideration for the health and safety of our colleagues and clients, and as a precautionary measure in line with prevention efforts taking place across Canada in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented a temporary stoppage of all testing (including retesting), interviews and ceremony events in our offices. We have started scheduling applicants for a video oath ceremonies, so please wait for us to contact you.

If you believe your case is urgent, you can refer to website Apply for citizenship: Urgent processing for further information about what is considered an urgent request, how to submit an urgent request and the supporting documents you will need to prove your request is urgent. Each request is considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit our website for updates https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
Regards,
Vancouver Citizenship Office
BC Itinerant Services
Thanks for the update.