+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Video oath ceremony reschedule

quadmachine

Aug 29, 2017
You will most likely get rescheduled between 3 to 6 months after your original scheduled time if you didn’t advise IRCC prior to your original Oath ceremony.. good luck !
So I just sent another email and received an automatic reply instantly!

3-6 months wait is not too bad as long as they don't just dismiss my application:confused:

quadmachine

Aug 29, 2017
Just logged into the status tracker and it says that my ceremony is now scheduled sometime in December.

FYI I did fill the web form a few days ago and requested for a reschedule of the ceremony as was mentioned on my initial invitation.

That means I did reply to the initial invitation email and asked for a reschedule, but did not fill the web form. I did read the email again and realized that I missed that then. I did fill the web form a few days ago and now my ceremony is rescheduled. I am still waiting for the actual invitation in my mailbox.

Reactions: t_Addy.

t_Addy.

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Just logged into the status tracker and it says that my ceremony is now scheduled sometime in December.

FYI I did fill the web form a few days ago and requested for a reschedule of the ceremony as was mentioned on my initial invitation.

That means I did reply to the initial invitation email and asked for a reschedule, but did not fill the web form. I did read the email again and realized that I missed that then. I did fill the web form a few days ago and now my ceremony is rescheduled. I am still waiting for the actual invitation in my mailbox.
Thank you so much for this, I needed this update because I rescheduled my ceremony last month as well.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

So, they just changed the date of the oath and didn't cancel the invitation? Did you provide them with a date when you will be available?

Max_ash

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5/3/2014
I am in a similar situation. Got the Oath invite on 11/20/21 for the Oath ceremony to be on 11/30/21. But I plan on travelling to India in January 2022. Thought I can do Oath and get a Canadian passport within a month (using urgent processing) but I wont be able to surrender my Indian passport and get an Indian visa by January 2022. So, I am planning to reschedule my Oath ceremony but I dont have tickets booked.

Does IRCC ask for a travel itinerary/Tickets before one can request rescheduling Oath ceremoney?

quadmachine

Aug 29, 2017
So, they just changed the date of the oath and didn't cancel the invitation? Did you provide them with a date when you will be available?
My initial ceremony date was in September which I missed. I emailed them a few days before that date to reschedule but it did not reach them. I emailed again in October and this time I received an automatic reply. Last week I filled the webform after realizing it was mentioned in the auto reply email.
I hope this makes it more clear.

quadmachine

Aug 29, 2017
I am in a similar situation. Got the Oath invite on 11/20/21 for the Oath ceremony to be on 11/30/21. But I plan on travelling to India in January 2022. Thought I can do Oath and get a Canadian passport within a month (using urgent processing) but I wont be able to surrender my Indian passport and get an Indian visa by January 2022. So, I am planning to reschedule my Oath ceremony but I dont have tickets booked.

Does IRCC ask for a travel itinerary/Tickets before one can request rescheduling Oath ceremoney?
I attached my boarding passes when I filled the webform.

My suggestion would be to reply to the ceremony email and let them know about your situation. Remember to include your full name and application number in the text. Then fill the webform and attach your travel documents with it. This way they get all the documents and info that they for rescheduling your ceremony.

Application2019

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
Hello All Members,

I missed my oath ceremony on 6th Jan 2021 due to out of Canada. That time i informed through email.
I came back in canada in june and send my boarding Passes and passport stamp pages.
I am still waiting to get the new date of oath. I want to ask about this situation that any one is facing the same situation?
Is it normal and approximate when will i get my new date?
My office is Montreal.
Thankingyou in advance for the reply

Kylesh

May 11, 2022
Hello All Members,

I missed my oath ceremony on 6th Jan 2021 due to out of Canada. That time i informed through email.
I came back in canada in june and send my boarding Passes and passport stamp pages.
I am still waiting to get the new date of oath. I want to ask about this situation that any one is facing the same situation?
My office is Montreal.
Hello, have you received the new oath ceremony yet? If yes, then what date?
Thank you for reply

aanchalsingh

Jul 17, 2017
Hello All Members,

My office is Montreal.

Hello,

I am in a similar situation too. I went out of canada in May 2022 and requested them to reschedule. I came back in Sept 2022 and asked for a new date. They just replied that my oath is in queue to be scheduled. Waiting for approx more than 5 months for a new date.

Could you please let me know how long did you wait for the new date ? My office is Toronto/Mississauga.

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Hello,

I am in a similar situation too. I went out of canada in May 2022 and requested them to reschedule. I came back in Sept 2022 and asked for a new date. They just replied that my oath is in queue to be scheduled. Waiting for approx more than 5 months for a new date.

Could you please let me know how long did you wait for the new date ? My office is Toronto/Mississauga.
I emailed my processing office and it got scheduled the next day. Try reaching out to the email address from which you got the test invite

nbuache

Mar 25, 2023
Rescheduling can be long… my wife and kid have been rescheduled after 6 months, I’m still waiting to be rescheduled after 10+ months.
So it can take long time and people are not necessarily rescheduled as a family.

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am in similar situation. Is it mandatory to be in Canada to take the Online Oath ? I am taking care of my critically ill parent outside of Canada. I planning to stay outside of Canada for a year or more. Given the compassionate reasons (with medical evidence of parent), would not they allow me to take Oath outside Canada ?

nbuache

Mar 25, 2023
Hi, I am in similar situation. Is it mandatory to be in Canada to take the Online Oath ? I am taking care of my critically ill parent outside of Canada. I planning to stay outside of Canada for a year or more. Given the compassionate reasons (with medical evidence of parent), would not they allow me to take Oath outside Canada ?
Probably not:
1. You must be in Canada for the Oath
2. Once you’re Canadian, you can only enter Canada with a Canadian passport. To get the passport, a certificate is delivered to your Canadian address weeks after the ceremony, then you need to make your passport request.
3. Only after that you can travel freely. The issue is not really to exit Canada: it’s to enter Canada again.

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
You can ask. The worst thing they can say is no. You should ask right away so you get the answer early enough so you can plan ahead. Include as much evidence as possible so they don't need to ask you for it later.