+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VFS website error during passport submission request

Gotham_invader007

Mar 9, 2019
Hi all,
I recently received passport request for my spouse. I followed the instructions in the email and tried to book an appointment for my spouse's passport submission. Now I'm stuck at a stage where it asks to upload the request letter. Traditionally, applicants were getting pdf attached to the email which they used to upload. But lately people have been receiving emails only. So I converted the whole email in pdf and tried to upload but it keeps giving me error message "invalid session" or "invalid document ". Now instead of my email pdf, if I submit the dumy letter thats on their website then it goes through. But of course, I cannot submit wrong document.

Is anyone else in the same boat? Can you please advise? Thanks.

Jul 22, 2022
Hi all,
I recently received passport request for my spouse. I followed the instructions in the email and tried to book an appointment for my spouse's passport submission. Now I'm stuck at a stage where it asks to upload the request letter. Traditionally, applicants were getting pdf attached to the email which they used to upload. But lately people have been receiving emails only. So I converted the whole email in pdf and tried to upload but it keeps giving me error message "invalid session" or "invalid document ". Now instead of my email pdf, if I submit the dumy letter thats on their website then it goes through. But of course, I cannot submit wrong document.

Hey,

we'd similar problem few days ago where it won't allow to upload PPR letter after encountering payment transaction failed error. Since payment was failed we weren't click again "Upload" button almost for a day. The button was greyed out. I called VFS Global and they suggested to send an email to passportsubmission@vfshelpline.com with detailed concern and all documents (PPR letter, Application #, etc.). As per VFS, it may take 12-48 hours to respond back. But after almost a day we thought to give one last chance of using web form again before we send them email and luckily it worked!

Had a very anxious feeling but a big relief later.

I would suggest to make sure you print your entire PPR email to PDF. On the web form it said to us to "Upload first page only" but we uploaded entire PPR email and worked.

Gotham_invader007

Mar 9, 2019
Hey,

we'd similar problem few days ago where it won't allow to upload PPR letter after encountering payment transaction failed error. Since payment was failed we weren't click again "Upload" button almost for a day. The button was greyed out. I called VFS Global and they suggested to send an email to passportsubmission@vfshelpline.com with detailed concern and all documents (PPR letter, Application #, etc.). As per VFS, it may take 12-48 hours to respond back. But after almost a day we thought to give one last chance of using web form again before we send them email and luckily it worked!

Had a very anxious feeling but a big relief later.

I would suggest to make sure you print your entire PPR email to PDF. On the web form it said to us to "Upload first page only" but we uploaded entire PPR email and worked.
Thanks for your response. I am actually trying to upload the entire email as pdf but it won't allow me to upload And to be honest vfs being this large organization should have better customer support, but none of their agents are experienced in guiding applicants. Their answers are usually generic copy/paste responses. I'm glad it worked for you. I will try again tomorrow.

rani23

Sep 7, 2022
Hi, I am getting the same issue, i.e. "Invalid Document" on uploading the passport submission request. Were you able to resolve your issue?

Gotham_invader007

Mar 9, 2019
Hi, I am getting the same issue, i.e. "Invalid Document" on uploading the passport submission request. Were you able to resolve your issue?
Yes, you download your email as a pdf then use any online pdf size converter. Don't reduce the size or at least try to keep it as original as possible. Once converted then rename the file and upload. Hopefully, this will help.

rani23

Sep 7, 2022
Yes, you download your email as a pdf then use any online pdf size converter. Don't reduce the size or at least try to keep it as original as possible. Once converted then rename the file and upload. Hopefully, this will help.
Not working :( Is there a specific name with which the file needs to be renamed?

Gotham_invader007

Mar 9, 2019
Not working :( Is there a specific name with which the file needs to be renamed?
I just kept the name as "Ready for Visa". Try to work around pdf converter and one of them will work. I know it's frustrating but unfortunately there's no way to get help from vfs. I remember someone in one of the forum also said that they copied everything from email then paste on word and converted that file in pdf. It worked for him and he sent his passport successfully. Anyways you'll provide vfs with the paper copy of email so go ahead and try the 2nd option as well.

harshsoni2710

Dec 15, 2022
I just kept the name as "Ready for Visa". Try to work around pdf converter and one of them will work. I know it's frustrating but unfortunately there's no way to get help from vfs. I remember someone in one of the forum also said that they copied everything from email then paste on word and converted that file in pdf. It worked for him and he sent his passport successfully. Anyways you'll provide vfs with the paper copy of email so go ahead and try the 2nd option as well.
@Gotham_invader007 : I got the same error. How did you resolved the error? Can you please guide me. It is frustrating. I am getting same error.

shreyascn

Dec 31, 2022
Hi all,

I have a similar problem, I submitted my biometrics in London and when I upload the letter it says "Invalid" with location Bengaluru as there is no other options

ipriyankapatel

Oct 31, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Visa Office......
NDVO but now Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2014
Nomination.....
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with File
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Hopefully waived off
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Did anyone have the same problem? Tried all browser and of reducer and converter etc ? Raised a support ticket as well