+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VFS Tracking states

Ahmadssha

Sep 22, 2020
Hi guys,
I submitted my passport to the VFS office 11 days ago and in their tracking system, my application status is :
Your application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxx has been dispatched to the IRCC Office, on 2020/10/25 for processing.

who knows if VFS may change this status for me or no any other states it will still as it is?
the cause behind my question is, I called them yesterday they mentioned that my passport still at their office and they wait for IRCC to request the passport from them!!!

Muhonzajudy

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Hi guys,
I submitted my passport to the VFS office 11 days ago and in their tracking system, my application status is :
Your application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxx has been dispatched to the IRCC Office, on 2020/10/25 for processing.

who knows if VFS may change this status for me or no any other states it will still as it is?
the cause behind my question is, I called them yesterday they mentioned that my passport still at their office and they wait for IRCC to request the passport from them!!!
I will change

Reactions: Ahmadssha

tmoshdorset

Jul 16, 2020
Yes, they are giving very misleading notifications it seems. Apparently, the first notification they give "dispatched to the IRCC Office" could be very misleading as that could just mean they have sent it to another secondary VFS distribution center, and then from there, it goes to IRCC later down the line which is when you will get another notification exactly the same. Honestly, VFS as an organization seems like a mess, IRCC should just dump this third-party company and go with there own system, heck they could collect biometrics and do passport verification/stamping at the physical border when you arrive I don't know why they have to add all this bureaucracy and red tape to the process.

Reactions: Ahmadssha

Ahmadssha

Sep 22, 2020
Yes, they are giving very misleading notifications it seems. Apparently, the first notification they give "dispatched to the IRCC Office" could be very misleading as that could just mean they have sent it to another secondary VFS distribution center, and then from there, it goes to IRCC later down the line which is when you will get another notification exactly the same. Honestly, VFS as an organization seems like a mess, IRCC should just dump this third-party company and go with there own system, heck they could collect biometrics and do passport verification/stamping at the physical border when you arrive I don't know why they have to add all this bureaucracy and red tape to the process.
Unfortunately, Yes they are the worst ever.
I can't imagine how much I am an idiot to paw so much money to send my passport to them within less than one day and then it is sticking there more than 11 days.
and the worst image is when I contacted them they told me that once we send it to IRCC they may return it back to u within 2-4 weeks

tmoshdorset

Jul 16, 2020
Unfortunately, Yes they are the worst ever.
I can't imagine how much I am an idiot to paw so much money to send my passport to them within less than one day and then it is sticking there more than 11 days.
and the worst image is when I contacted them they told me that once we send it to IRCC they may return it back to u within 2-4 weeks
The keyword here is "May" like they obviously have no idea so are just giving some vague amount of time to avoid pressure. They have your passport! This is a very important document it can't just sit in a box on a desk for a month waiting for someone to put a sticker on it.

Ahmadssha

Sep 22, 2020
The keyword here is "May" like they obviously have no idea so are just giving some vague amount of time to avoid pressure. They have your passport! This is a very important document it can't just sit in a box on a desk for a month waiting for someone to put a sticker on it.
You are right

Smep

Aug 27, 2019
Hi guys,

Hello is this SDS or Non SDS?
And does your background check still says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."?

Ahmadssha

Sep 22, 2020
Hello is this SDS or Non SDS?
And does your background check still says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."?
Non SDS, All thing is the same, the change only is the final decision changed to be approved we need ur passport.

guther10

Oct 4, 2020
I had my hopes up that it was being processed because of this misleading message but it was stuck at someone’s office for 8 days! Just today, a week later, it was sent to the ircc. Those fees are so expensive, if I walked to the ircc I would have delivered the passport faster

Smep

Aug 27, 2019
I had my hopes up that it was being processed because of this misleading message but it was stuck at someone’s office for 8 days! Just today, a week later, it was sent to the ircc. Those fees are so expensive, if I walked to the ircc I would have delivered the passport faster
How many more weeks do you think will it take before you get it?

Ahmadssha

Sep 22, 2020
Oh so your background check is still processing?
YES,
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.

Ahmadssha

Sep 22, 2020
did u hear from them through ur email that IRCC received it?
what is ur current status?