+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VFS Singapore or Direct to High Commission of Canada in SG

hafruman

Aug 20, 2013
Hi,

We applied for Family Class Sponsorship and have received an email from SPOREIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca requesting for the following:

1. Passport
2. COC from Singapore
3. NBI clearance (for my case - Filipino)
4. Copy of Birth Certificate
5. Appendix A

I'm a bit confused between the 2 option, can somebody help to further explain the difference (hoping to provide steps - I check VFS website and got more confused) and which is the better way of sending my documents.

on the side note : we always use courier (DHL) to send documents to embassy

Best Regards.

hafruman

Aug 20, 2013
For those who is coming across my post.

I did it through VFS.

I think it is better to do it through VFS (than courier/) as they'll help you to compile and validate all the documents that you need to send to Canadian Embassy securely. This will lessen the time of sending back and forth documents because of missing details such as sign, thumb print etc. however you will their service will cost you 35SGD (need to be paid in cash).

basti13

May 18, 2014
Hello Guys,

I just received mail from Canadian Embassy from Manila that my PR application was approved :D. Now they requested me to submit my passport,photos, etc. it also stated in the letter that all of these must be submitted to the High Commission of Canada in SINGAPORE through VFS Global.

Now I'm currently working here in Malaysia, so is it OK i submit my docs to VFS office here in Kuala Lumpur? My understanding here is, VFS will be the one to submit my docs to High Commission of Canada in SINGAPORE and the same thing for returning my passport.Am i right?

biscuitboy75

Jun 19, 2014
hafruman said:
For those who is coming across my post.

I did it through VFS.

I think it is better to do it through VFS (than courier/) as they'll help you to compile and validate all the documents that you need to send to Canadian Embassy securely. This will lessen the time of sending back and forth documents because of missing details such as sign, thumb print etc. however you will their service will cost you 35SGD (need to be paid in cash).
Hi Hafruman,

May i know how long it took for them to return your Passport? i am worried since i need my passport next week as i am heading out somewhere. if i dont recieve it i may need to cancel my trip :'(

Thanks

liverlover

Jun 19, 2014
biscuitboy75 said:
Hi Hafruman,

May i know how long it took for them to return your Passport? i am worried since i need my passport next week as i am heading out somewhere. if i dont recieve it i may need to cancel my trip :'(

Thanks

hey how's your application? how many days for them to return your passport?

Thanks.

hafruman

Aug 20, 2013
Took me less than a month to get my passport back.

I'm here now in Canada, since April of last year..

It took me 4 months from my application to getting my passport with visa.

Use VFS, 35$ is worth the service they provided me.