+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VFS services - Submit passport (in India) to finalize application for Canadian Permanent Residence question?

sharma2020

May 15, 2020
Hi, my wife just got an email from IRCC in India, I am her Canadian husband in Canada who applied for her sponsorship and now in order to finalize her permanent resident application they are requesting the following:

1) Passports

· VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

· Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.

So I went to the following VFS link as stated above: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/additional-services
But how do I purchase their courier service to send her passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi? It says VFS has a courier service but there is no mention of how to pay for that service?? If someone can let me know that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

szqadri

Dec 15, 2017
Contact us
Helpline
Please contact us for any information regarding the visa process:
Contact us by phone: 18002668858/022-67866002
Contact us by email: info.canada@vfshelpline.com
Contact us by chat: Chat Now

Sharma Saheb,
I am also in the same boat. This is what I found on their website. Try to chat on the CHAT NOW link during Indian Working Hours.
If i find anything new I will post it to you.
Regards,
Zafar

sharma2020

May 15, 2020
Thank you Zafar, I also tried the chat but as it is Saturday night in India they are probably not available. If you do find out anything please let me know and I shall do the same. The problem is we only have 30 days to submit the passport and photos since the letter being received from IRCC.

Thanks

Devesh12

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Thank you Zafar, I also tried the chat but as it is Saturday night in India they are probably not available. If you do find out anything please let me know and I shall do the same. The problem is we only have 30 days to submit the passport and photos since the letter being received from IRCC.

Thanks
Hi Sharma ji,

I have also got recently the same email and not able to contact VFS due to Saturday. Could you please let me know if how could we submit passports to VFS as I also do not see an option on their website to use this service.

Devesh12

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi Chirag,

I reviewed through the above thread and have got some doubts about if separate PPR letter is required nowadays for passport submission. Some people in thread have said that from 13 Dec onwards, the PPR letter is not required and I am trying to contact them to confirm it.

Till now, I have only got one email on 5 Jan from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to submit my passports for visa within 30 days , and it's been 11 days now and I have not got any another email or separate Passport Request(PPR) letter from them. Could you please suggest if a separate PPR letter is required.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi Chirag,

I reviewed through the above thread and have got some doubts about if separate PPR letter is required nowadays for passport submission. Some people in thread have said that from 13 Dec onwards, the PPR letter is not required and I am trying to contact them to confirm it.

Till now, I have only got one email on 5 Jan from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to submit my passports for visa within 30 days , and it's been 11 days now and I have not got any another email or separate Passport Request(PPR) letter from them. Could you please suggest if a separate PPR letter is required.
CIC never sent PPR for any dependent, only 1 passport request come under PA name . Use same letter for all dependent.

Passport submission date extended up to 90 days ( not 30 days)

Devesh12

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
CIC never sent PPR for any dependent, only 1 passport request come under PA name . Use same letter for all dependent.

Passport submission date extended up to 90 days ( not 30 days)
Hi robertp,

Thanks for your reply !!
Yes, till now we only got 1 email on primary applicant from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca which has text as below. Should we consider this as passport request letter. Or, is there a separate email format or letter that is called Passport request letter. I read in some forums that some people are getting a separate passport request letter also which looks like the one shown in below video link.

Email received from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca :
To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports

· VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

· Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.

2) Photographs
Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi robertp,

Thanks for your reply !!
Yes, till now we only got 1 email on primary applicant from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca which has text as below. Should we consider this as passport request letter. Or, is there a separate email format or letter that is called Passport request letter. I read in some forums that some people are getting a separate passport request letter also which looks like the one shown in below video link.

Email received from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca :
To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports

2) Photographs
Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent.
please check here sample letter for PPR request. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EoVdOy0ctVUcT_VWgsiJNCEdhT85qZsu

Reactions: Devesh12

Devesh12

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi robertp,

I have reviewed the sample PPR request in your shared link and it matches exactly with the email that I have received from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca . I am only confused as some people in forums have said that they have got a similar email from Local Visa office like New Delhi. So, my doubt is that should i wait for an similar email from New Delhi Visa office before sending passport to them via VFS courier service.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi robertp,

I have reviewed the sample PPR request in your shared link and it matches exactly with the email that I have received from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca . I am only confused as some people in forums have said that they have got a similar email from Local Visa office like New Delhi. So, my doubt is that should i wait for an similar email from New Delhi Visa office before sending passport to them via VFS courier service.
No need to wait, send email to VFS and continue with 2 way courier service.

you never get 2nd email from NDVO for PPR. CIC Sent only 1 email for PPR.

Reactions: Devesh12

Devesh12

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
No need to wait, send email to VFS and continue with 2 way courier service.

you never get 2nd email from NDVO for PPR. CIC Sent only 1 email for PPR.
Thanks for clarifying my confusion and sharing this info !!
It was very helpful.