+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VFS Passport Submission In Lagos, Nigeria

Bbbbbb96

Mar 20, 2023
Hi everyone.
Two of my family members submitted their passport on July 11th. 1 has collected their passport back with the visa stamp, but the other passport seems to be stuck in Abuja. Latest update is “Your application, tracking ID No. has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja OC on Tue Jul 11 2023 and is in transit to the IRCC Office in Abuja OC for processing.”
no further details like confirmation that IRCC office received it.

I’m getting worried because the passports were sent together but only one was returned.

Indeed

Jul 24, 2023
I submitted my passport on the 28 th of August being Friday and and I got up to three mail that Friday and the last mail is that my decision envelope that has been processed is on transit to ircc Abuja . This morning when I chatted with them they told me that they are still processing it. I don't know how long it will still take them to return my passport from Abuja. I'm worried because my travel date to UK is approaching.

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
I submitted my passport on the 28 th of August being Friday and and I got up to three mail that Friday and the last mail is that my decision envelope that has been processed is on transit to ircc Abuja . This morning when I chatted with them they told me that they are still processing it. I don't know how long it will still take them to return my passport from Abuja. I'm worried because my travel date to UK is approaching.
What type of visa category did you apply for?

itslawson12

Feb 1, 2018
Hi @trymebeyonce2020. I submitted my passport to VFS Lagos for stamping and I just received a ready for collection email from them today. However, the email indicates it’s ready for collection in Abuja but I had submitted the passport in Lagos. I noticed from the thread, that you were in similar situation. How did you end up getting your passport in Lagos? What happened after the ready for collection email in Abuja? Did you get another informing you it was now available in Lagos? Finally, did you have your passport picked up in person in Lagos or was it mailed to you?

I appreciate in advance your response.

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
Hi @trymebeyonce2020. I submitted my passport to VFS Lagos for stamping and I just received a ready for collection email from them today. However, the email indicates it’s ready for collection in Abuja but I had submitted the passport in Lagos. I noticed from the thread, that you were in similar situation. How did you end up getting your passport in Lagos? What happened after the ready for collection email in Abuja? Did you get another informing you it was now available in Lagos? Finally, did you have your passport picked up in person in Lagos or was it mailed to you?

I appreciate in advance your response.
Yea, you will get another email as soon as it arrives Lagos and wait like 3 days before you to go to vfs to pick it up. Did you receive any message from IRCC about Your Application Status Has Changes yet?

itslawson12

Feb 1, 2018
Thanks for your swift response. No updates from IRCC about status change yet. Perhaps it’ll come in later in the day as I’ve only received the email from VFS a couple hours ago. Just out of curiosity, why wait 3 days before I pick it up once it’s in Lagos. Also, if I’m picking up in person, what docs do I need? Receipt from VAC & a Valid ID…just those two?

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
Thanks for your swift response. No updates from IRCC about status change yet. Perhaps it’ll come in later in the day as I’ve only received the email from VFS a couple hours ago. Just out of curiosity, why wait 3 days before I pick it up once it’s in Lagos. Also, if I’m picking up in person, what docs do I need? Receipt from VAC & a Valid ID…just those two?
When it arrives Lagos, It has to first go through the Embassy first and then VFS goes ahead to pick it up and I think that should take less than 3 days.

JKaurani

Aug 9, 2023
Hello everyone
I submitted my passport to vfs lagos on 17th July and now it is going to be a month i still haven't received my stamped passport. I didnt even receive my tracking id until I pestered on the web chat everyday asking for my tracking id. Once i received it i was able to track it on my own without receing any notifications from VFS. Secondly, on Aug 6 i received a notification from IRCC that "my application status has changes", received the letter of introduction. On 7th aug it said it has been been dispatched and today is 9th aug, still havent received any mails for collection.

Can someone respond and tell if this is normal, that it takes almost a month? Has anyone faced such a situation before? Kindly advice. i am very worred, i have a feeling that i might receive my passport but it wont be stamped?

Kindly weigh in.

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
Hello everyone
I submitted my passport to vfs lagos on 17th July and now it is going to be a month i still haven't received my stamped passport. I didnt even receive my tracking id until I pestered on the web chat everyday asking for my tracking id. Once i received it i was able to track it on my own without receing any notifications from VFS. Secondly, on Aug 6 i received a notification from IRCC that "my application status has changes", received the letter of introduction. On 7th aug it said it has been been dispatched and today is 9th aug, still havent received any mails for collection.

Can someone respond and tell if this is normal, that it takes almost a month? Has anyone faced such a situation before? Kindly advice. i am very worred, i have a feeling that i might receive my passport but it wont be stamped?

Kindly weigh in.
What type of visa category did you apply for?

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
student visa
Ok, since you got a mail that your application status has changes, your passport must have been stamped and I think you should check your ircc portal and see some changes, as well as tracker to see if Eligibility, Biometric, Medical and Background check are all completed and it says Application closed. Then you should be waiting to receive your passport stamped

JKaurani

Aug 9, 2023
Thank u for your promptness. I just happened to track again and it said my decision envelope has been received by Canada visa Application Centre Abuja, How do I get in Lagos and any idea how many days will that take from tooday?