+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VFS Kolkata | biometrics Appointment | Schedule via webform multiple times

harryIsBrahmachari

Feb 26, 2015
India
Hello All,
Background:
My parents applied for TRV online and they received biometrics request.
The nearest VFS centre for me is Kolkata (North-East).

Now the problem is they have a first come first serve system for booking the appointment for bio-metrics.
They ask for the mobile number and then you receive the OTP.
Once the OTP is submitted they will schedule an appointment. Basically you can not select the time and date as per your convenience.
Currently the trend is you get appointment 2 to 3 days after.
This is hard for people who need to travel by AIR/Train to the VFS location. The tickets are expensive.

Note:
I am already trying to get in touch with VFS call centre but they are closed for public holiday(26th Jan) and sometimes they have long waiting times.

Questions:
  1. Can we use different mobile numbers for scheduling appointment ?
    Because once you cancel the appointment you are blocked for next 5 calendar days from the date of appointment.
    e.g. I can book multiple appointments from different mobile numbers (e.g. my father's , mother's or mine)
  2. Anybody tried this approach ?
  3. Does VFS check mobile number used while scheduling appointment or the applicant name ?

Any inputs/directions are welcome !

PoRaSu

Feb 16, 2023
Hi, could you please tell me how did it work for you? I just wanted to know after how many days usually the appointment is allotted, as in your case, how was it with vfs kolkata?

harryIsBrahmachari

Feb 26, 2015
India
Hi, could you please tell me how did it work for you? I just wanted to know after how many days usually the appointment is allotted, as in your case, how was it with vfs kolkata?
The appointment system is first come first serve basis.
It is very weird and inconvenient for applicants if they do not stay in the same city.

The problem is you will not know which date and time you will get before you submit the request for appointment.
Currently the trend is you get appointment 3-4 days once you submit the request (For VFS Kolkata)

So if you are staying far from the VFS center then the travel bookings get expensive.
Thanks to my wife's employer as he offered us 100% free cancellation policy.
So I booked in advance for the tickets of different time slots and arranged my travel accordingly.

VFS chat service is pretty good and they give realistic inputs.