+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VFS Bangladesh will open from November 16 with limited services

Afnan2000

Jul 28, 2020
VFS (Dhaka) Bangladesh will open from November 16. This is what we have been waiting for so long to hear. An email was sent to IRCC Singapore regarding the VAC opening in Bangladesh by the Prospective Bangladeshi students. It was a combined effort by all of us. An email was sent to them with 250 students signatures to the IRCC, Singapore mentioning the points why they should open VFS in Bangladesh. However, VFS of Chittagong and Syhlet will remain close until further notice.

The official announcement will be made in couple of days with appointment instructions.. Alhamdulilah..
what is the source of this information. I cannot find it anywhere. Are you sure that vfs will reopen on November 16th??

Afnan2000

Jul 28, 2020
I believe it's his 'personal opinion' based on his experiences. Though the best part about it is that its optimistic and not demoralizing people with hopes.
The way he said it doesn’t sound like its his personal opinion. He clearly said that it will open on 16th november. He even said that it won’t open in chittagong and sylhet. This does not seem like an opinion. It sounds like he got information about it.
And if it is an opinion, then he should have mentioned it. He should have said that he thinks vfs will open. Please don’t give false hope to people.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to be rude to anyone. I had been waiting since february for my study permit. And it is very difficult to be waiting so long for something you want so much. And if I believed that the vfs will open, and then it doesn’t, it will be very heart breaking.
Please everyone, just mention its your opinion when it is.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
The way he said it doesn’t sound like its his personal opinion. He clearly said that it will open on 16th november. He even said that it won’t open in chittagong and sylhet. This does not seem like an opinion. It sounds like he got information about it.
And if it is an opinion, then he should have mentioned it. He should have said that he thinks vfs will open. Please don’t give false hope to people.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to be rude to anyone. I had been waiting since february for my study permit. And it is very difficult to be waiting so long for something you want so much. And if I believed that the vfs will open, and then it doesn’t, it will be very heart breaking.
Please everyone, just mention its your opinion when it is.
OP is a man of his words, has got no reason to lie. DM him, this is not how you approach things.

Afnan2000

Jul 28, 2020
Well ,
OP is a man of his words, has got no reason to lie. DM him, this is not how you approach things.
I did say I’m not trying to be rude. I’m just scared of hoping, and then getting hurt. Anyway, he was not giving false hope.
It was not his personal opinion. High commission of Canada in bangladesh confirmed this news. I just saw their facebook post. I don’t know why some of you are saying its his personal opinion.
He did say clearly, like he got information, and he really did.
I will try to link the post here.

Jul 2, 2020
Category........
STUDY
I had no reason to lie. Why should I ? There is a group on Facebook "Prospective Bangladeshi Students Studying in Canada". Almost every Bangladeshi students who want to pursue their Higher Education in Canada are part of it and the members of the group. Today the official announcement was made as I said so yesterday.

Some of the concern members of the group thought it was high time to approach the High Commission of Canada in Bangladesh, IRCC Singapore and Bangladesh Foreign Ministry. As part of the approach, we sent an email with all the valid points how our SP and study will be impacted if VFS remains closed in Bangladesh. I myself gave one point regarding January intake. 250 students genuine signatures and their information were there. We cordially approached all of them and our approach was very polite.

Some of the group members had link with foreign ministry official. Our Honourable Foreign Minister Abdul Momen listened to our concerns and he approaches the High commission as well. Because of the organized efforts and assistance of the IRCC officials, VFS, our Foreign Ministry and our students, it was possible.

Hope all of you got the answer. I always like to appreciate others and like to be positive as I believe in the end our God decides our fate and all we can do is try, remain patient and positive.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
I had no reason to lie. Why should I ? There is a group on Facebook "Prospective Bangladeshi Students Studying in Canada". Almost every Bangladeshi students who want to pursue their Higher Education in Canada are part of it and the members of the group. Today the official announcement was made as I said so yesterday.

Some of the concern members of the group thought it was high time to approach the High Commission of Canada in Bangladesh, IRCC Singapore and Bangladesh Foreign Ministry. As part of the approach, we sent an email with all the valid points how our SP and study will be impacted if VFS remains closed in Bangladesh. I myself gave one point regarding January intake. 250 students genuine signatures and their information were there. We cordially approached all of them and our approach was very polite.

Some of the group members had link with foreign ministry official. Our Honourable Foreign Minister Abdul Momen listened to our concerns and he approaches the High commission as well. Because of the organized efforts and assistance of the IRCC officials, VFS, our Foreign Ministry and our students, it was possible.

Hope all of you got the answer. I always like to appreciate others and like to be positive as I believe in the end our God decides our faith and all we can do is try, remain patient and positive.
+1 for positivity and optimism.

Jul 2, 2020
Category........
STUDY
VAC open for all? As there is no guideline I fear there would be a long que on 16 november. Summer 2020, fall 2020,winter 2021 applicants would be gather there only in Dhaka (As Chittagong and Sylhet VAC is closed). Not wonder if other countries applicant would gather there also. Hope everything goes fine. However, At least seeing the light in the end of the tunnel. Finger crossed! United till then folks
Compare to India, we don't have too much students. Don't think Bangladeshi students have received even 1000 AIP. I believe within first 15 days of the opening, most of us will be able to submit our biometric. Because of the pandemic, most of the students did not lodge their files. So, this year the number of Bangladeshi students will be less than the previous year which was 5000. (5000 Bangladeshi students received SP in the year 2019)

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
Compare to India, we don't have too much students. Don't think Bangladeshi students have received 1000 AIP. I believe within first 15 days of the opening, most of us will be able to submit our biometric. Because of the pandemic, most of the students did not lodge their files. So, this year the number of Bangladeshi students will be less than the previous year which was 5000. (5000 Bangladeshi students received SP in the year 2019)
I am from Chittagong and waiting for biometric from 20 October. Thats why I am curious to know. Already some got appointment and some are still trying for appointment as the site is too busy. Let's see how it goes..

Jul 2, 2020
Category........
STUDY
I am from Chittagong and waiting for biometric from 20 October. Thats why I am curious to know. Already some got appointment and some are still trying for appointment as the site is too busy. Let's see how it goes..
High Commission of Canada in Bangladesh FB page replied to a comment and said VFS is updating the site for biometric. It will take some time. I didn't find available dates for appointments. Are you sure some have already received the appointment date?

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
High Commission of Canada in Bangladesh FB page replied to a comment and said VFS is updating the site for biometric. It will take some time. I didn't find available dates for appointments. Are you sure some have already received the appointment date?
You may follow the comments of "PBSCU group". I got the news from there that some already took appointment. I believe you are a member of that group