+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very Weird Issue with police certificate from South Korea

taffytoffy

Nov 17, 2016
coleengamer said:
hi there.

please also send me the right forms to fill out for the corrcet police clearance from south korea? my email add is idsakuragi_10@yahoo.com. thanks so much...
Recently I successfully got the Korea police certificate by asking for my friend in Seoul. I put the relevant forms and useful info on my blog:
taffytoffy.wordpress.com/2016/11/17/korea-police-certificate-a-step-by-step-guide-%E9%9F%A9%E5%9B%BD%E6%97%A0%E7%8A%AF%E7%BD%AA%E8%AF%81%E6%98%8E/

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
Recently I successfully got the Korea police certificate by asking for my friend in Seoul. I put the relevant forms and useful info on my blog:
taffytoffy.wordpress.com/2016/11/17/korea-police-certificate-a-step-by-step-guide-%E9%9F%A9%E5%9B%BD%E6%97%A0%E7%8A%AF%E7%BD%AA%E8%AF%81%E6%98%8E/
I face a different struggle with the Korean PCC. I had already obtained a certificate earlier when I was there in Korea. However, as I moved to Canada, that certificate becomes invalid and I suppose to obtain the new one.
I visited the consulate office (Montreal) and prepared the documents (listed below):
1. Application form for criminal record
2. Notarized power of attorney (to appoint my friend as representative)
3. My identification documents (passport + alien card copies)

Before sending these documents, I sent a scanned version of all documents to my friend and requested to check with the local police. The reply given from the local police is shocking and they had indicated that Montreal consulate does not have UPDATED guidelines for PCC issuance. According to new guidelines (so-called personal information protection law), certificate of an individual can NOT be given to another person, regardless of power of attorney etc.
However, consulate office confirms that they have all the updated guidelines and they follow the correct code and conducts. There is a huge complication and confusion between the two domains (immigration and police) and I have no clue to how to handle this issue.

Could anyone suggest any idea to overcome this issue? I have limited time to get the certificate and to submit to complete my application.

mjb123

Jan 3, 2018
I face a different struggle with the Korean PCC. I had already obtained a certificate earlier when I was there in Korea. However, as I moved to Canada, that certificate becomes invalid and I suppose to obtain the new one.
I visited the consulate office (Montreal) and prepared the documents (listed below):
1. Application form for criminal record
2. Notarized power of attorney (to appoint my friend as representative)
3. My identification documents (passport + alien card copies)

Before sending these documents, I sent a scanned version of all documents to my friend and requested to check with the local police. The reply given from the local police is shocking and they had indicated that Montreal consulate does not have UPDATED guidelines for PCC issuance. According to new guidelines (so-called personal information protection law), certificate of an individual can NOT be given to another person, regardless of power of attorney etc.
However, consulate office confirms that they have all the updated guidelines and they follow the correct code and conducts. There is a huge complication and confusion between the two domains (immigration and police) and I have no clue to how to handle this issue.

Could anyone suggest any idea to overcome this issue? I have limited time to get the certificate and to submit to complete my application.

Hi Uma,

I’m facing the same issue. Did you manage to resolve this in time? Please let me know if you were able to or what the steps are.

Thanks,
Marius

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
Hi Uma,

I’m facing the same issue. Did you manage to resolve this in time? Please let me know if you were able to or what the steps are.

Thanks,
Marius
Did you check the reply to my question that is provided by someone (as follows):
Try this link for the form: http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/InfoDetailR_kr.pt?catSeq=2182&categoryId=1&parentId=1296&showMenuId=126 and look for “신청서 및 위임장.” There is a PDF and MS Word format available for download. It should say at the top “Application of for Certificate of Fact” and “Power of Attorney” on the bottom. You check the box next to “Certificate of Fact on Entry and Departure and indicate how many copies you want.

Regardless, you do not need this entry/departure record at all. I successfully obtained my certificate, and the documents that I prepared were listed below:
1. Application form for criminal records,
2. Power of attorney (notarized by the consulate office (of Korea) in your country of living),
3. Passport page, and alien registration card copy,
4. Current country visa & job-related documents (to prove with evidence that we are currently out of Korea: This is optional and based on my own idea)
5. Application for the Background check (This will not be necessary; but, you will indeed have to fill this, when you try to obtain the #2 (PoA)).

Please check the attached files (1,2 and 5) for your reference (which could be helpful) and possibly directly be used. Keep in mind that I NEVER submitted the entry/departure record. And even, I sent only the scanned version of these five documents to my friend, and she took the printed copy (by herself) to the police station and got the PCC. You do not even need to POST from wherever you live!

Feel free if you need any help

er_india

Jan 10, 2015
Did you check the reply to my question that is provided by someone (as follows):
Try this link for the form: http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/InfoDetailR_kr.pt?catSeq=2182&categoryId=1&parentId=1296&showMenuId=126 and look for “신청서 및 위임장.” There is a PDF and MS Word format available for download. It should say at the top “Application of for Certificate of Fact” and “Power of Attorney” on the bottom. You check the box next to “Certificate of Fact on Entry and Departure and indicate how many copies you want.

Regardless, you do not need this entry/departure record at all. I successfully obtained my certificate, and the documents that I prepared were listed below:
2. Power of attorney (notarized by the consulate office (of Korea) in your country of living),
4. Current country visa & job-related documents (to prove with evidence that we are currently out of Korea: This is optional and based on my own idea)
5. Application for the Background check (This will not be necessary; but, you will indeed have to fill this, when you try to obtain the #2 (PoA)).

Please check the attached files (1,2 and 5) for your reference (which could be helpful) and possibly directly be used. Keep in mind that I NEVER submitted the entry/departure record. And even, I sent only the scanned version of these five documents to my friend, and she took the printed copy (by herself) to the police station and got the PCC. You do not even need to POST from wherever you live!

Dear Uma,
Can You please help me ,I am in the same boat and I don't have any one in South Korea to help me .
email id -> abhishekabhi000@gmail.com

thementor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020

Just to provide an update to the post for those who are applying from New York, nowadays the Korean Consulate in NY does not notarize any documents for non-Korean and non-US citizens (whether it is a Korean form or other certificate). Last I checked with the consulate on August 1, 2020.

kunalrmahajan

Aug 1, 2020
Just to provide an update to the post for those who are applying from New York, nowadays the Korean Consulate in NY does not notarize any documents for non-Korean and non-US citizens (whether it is a Korean form or other certificate). Last I checked with the consulate on August 1, 2020.
How did you get your PCC done being away from Korea ?

Reactions: thementor

thementor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
How did you get your PCC done being away from Korea ?
A friend introduced me to an individual who helped me get the PCC from South Korea as required. She charged me $150 instead of the $350 that other Korean firms charge. Furthermore, these firms even did not agree to mail me the original PCCs if I proceed with them - they said due to COVID-19 they cannot mail now; they can only send a PDF scan for now and asked me to wait until COVID-19 is over for the original paper copy of the PCC. Anyway, you should ask one of your friend to get it for you. If you can't I can provide you the contact info. of the person who helped me. She helped a few more people as well.

kunalrmahajan

Aug 1, 2020
A friend introduced me to an individual who helped me get the PCC from South Korea as required. She charged me $150 instead of the $350 that other Korean firms charge. Furthermore, these firms even did not agree to mail me the original PCCs if I proceed with them - they said due to COVID-19 they cannot mail now; they can only send a PDF scan for now and asked me to wait until COVID-19 is over for the original paper copy of the PCC. Anyway, you should ask one of your friend to get it for you. If you can't I can provide you the contact info. of the person who helped me. She helped a few more people as well.
Please could you email me the contact details of that person.
My email id is kunalrmahajan@gmail.com

Reactions: thementor