02-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-07-2016
nope said:
It really depends what you want. If you want to get rich and live easily, Canada is probably not the right place. If you want a government job, that is probably harder here too. But if you want your children to grow up in a good society, where people are mostly equal, everyone has opportunity, and laws are fair, Canada is the place to come. If you can come here and be happy without worrying what kind of job you have, and see your success in your family, this is the place to be.

And, if the scientific consensus on global warming is correct, you will have done a wonderful thing for your children.
I fully agree with you.

In my opinion moving to Canada is not about making a lot of money. It's to live a good life.
If you choose to start the PR process to Canada, it's important to get some informations first : the way people live there, the weather, the jobs you can apply to, the activities you can do...

I find it odd to see people starting this costly and long process to find afterwards that Canada might not be the place for them...

Reactions: hamgha

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
SimonG14 said:
I find it odd to see people starting this costly and long process to find afterwards that Canada might not be the place for them...
Applying for PR Outland not knowing Canada and how life is here is a long shot and could be frustrating for some people.

I came as TFW so I had a work since the first day and quickly we found this is a good country to live.

But I knew other TFW who weren't lucky, or simply didn't adapt to life and work here.

Also I knew PR newcomers struggling to find his first job, but after that was easier for most of them.

I know PR with good skills and qualifications working in basic jobs being unable to get something closer to his experience.

Some people have problems here to adapt , others are lucky, anyways you must fight to adapt and establish here.

Coming to live to another country is hard, so is better request maximum information possible before decide.

Darkskin

Jul 23, 2018
Let me try and phrase it differently.

Yes, of course there are friendships in Canada. When I was at the university I had plenty of friends.

However, it all becomes rather dull and depressing once people start to work or even worse have a "career".

Contacts are rarely made and the entire focus of one's life becomes this "career" that really isn't a career at all just the obsession to get a mortgage and toys.

Another thing that bugs the hell out of me is people around you. If you are an immigrant, try to remember people that lived in your appartment building back home. People drop by, your neighbors are your friends. It just doesn't work like that in Canada. As a matter of fact, you want to be friendly to someone, you are automatically labeled a creep and a weirdo.

So, no thanks. Like I said 10 million dollars would not get me back to that country. Where is the joy?
Lol so true man

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Does anyone know how much should a one person bring initially,like what is the minimum needed to cover someone expenses on average?

Didona84

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
If you have young children (under 4), it is better not to go to Toronto unless you secured a job in a high-earning sector. The daycare situation is horrible, long waitlists for both daycares and childcare subsidy so full, and care is 1200-2000$ a month per child.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
If you have young children (under 4), it is better not to go to Toronto unless you secured a job in a high-earning sector. The daycare situation is horrible, long waitlists for both daycares and childcare subsidy so full, and care is 1200-2000$ a month per child.
So where do you suggest me to settle?