+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very Urgent regarding Noc code Please Please help me

shaheen

Star Member
Oct 29, 2007
Hi, everybody

I am sending my CEC application tomorrow, I will appreciate a lot If any body could help me,

I work as an Accountant in a property management company after graduating from a canadian

university in Economics, my concern is that, my 80% duties maches with bookkeeper(1231) as well as

80% with Accountant (1111)now I am in a fix,which Noc code should I put.

My second question is regarding job discription that i have to fill in CEC form where the space is very

little so can I write on a seperate piece of paper and should I copy the exasct job discription that my

employer is giving in his reference letter or should I write same thing in my own words

Kindly help me

Thanking you

blackCat

Jul 23, 2010
Does your educational background align more with NOC 1111 or NOC 1231? How does your employer categories your Job title (or Staff Year). Ask your employer's HR department (in writing) and use their response to decide (or attach with your CEC application).

For the limited space, you can always use an additional piece of paper. That is encouraged by CIC in all applications. Stick to the Job Description provided by your employer. If the application asks you to describe in your own words, rephrase the Employer's version of your Job Description to align with the NOC Job Description that you choose to go with.

Good luck.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Based on what you have written, I would go with 1111, esp. if that is the title of the position in your company. The title does not have to match, but if 80% of your duties align with 1111, then it should be OK.

You do not need to repeat the information in your employer's letter on your application form. Choose the most significant duties/responsibilities and BRIEFLY describe them on the form. It's challenging, I know.

shaheen

Star Member
Oct 29, 2007
Thank you very much, for your help

My job duties are following:

Prepare and process all aspects of Accounts Payables transactions including processing applicable invoices, updating of vendor files and databases, affixing account codes and prepare cheques

 Approving cheques prepared by site staff

 Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and analyze associated property accounts. Identify variations and take appropriate steps to correct errors.

 Prepare all associated financial reports on a monthly and yearly basis including; property income and expense statements, accounts receivable/accounts payable reports, balance sheets, cashflow statements and projections, summary of investment and other financial reports as required.

 Provide financial guidance and analysis and assistance to Property Management team to ensure accurate and timely communication of financial information to respective clients

 Prepare applicable documentation in a timely and efficient manner including monthly journal entries, adjusted trial balance, budgets, government remittances and other monthly and annual reports

 Attend Board meetings at the various sites as requested

I am still confused whether I put Noc 1111 or Noc1231

Can any body compare these duties with these two codes while my job title is Accountant and tell me the correct Noc

Thanking you Please help