+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VERY URGENT QUERY - STUDY PERMIT

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hello Guys,

My brother is in a very mixed-bag situation and needs urgent help with things.

1. A student leave/left his course on December 28, 2023 (at that time the institute was a DLI). His course was PG Diploma at that time. He got an Academic Suspension because of no good academic progression in Term 1.
2. His original study permit is valid till July 2024 (the study permit document but if we go with 90 days post course completion thing; then officially his study permit will be over by March 2024; his visitor visa was valid till March 15, 2024).
If I go with this, he is currently out of status and technically living in Canada without any status. (see - If you’ll finish your studies before your study permit expires on the webpage https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/while-you-study.html)
3. He got the admission in the MBA course for the October 2024 intake.
4. He is in Canada at the moment.

We are thinking of two things in the case:
1. To restore his visitor status first (as he is still in the said 90-day period from the day his study permit expired in March 2024).
2. Once he have his status restored, then will apply for a new study permit.

Please advise, what will be the best thing to do in the scenario.

Thank You.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello Guys,

My brother is in a very mixed-bag situation and needs urgent help with things.

1. A student leave/left his course on December 28, 2023 (at that time the institute was a DLI). His course was PG Diploma at that time. He got an Academic Suspension because of no good academic progression in Term 1.
2. His original study permit is valid till July 2024 (the study permit document but if we go with 90 days post course completion thing; then officially his study permit will be over by March 2024; his visitor visa was valid till March 15, 2024).
If I go with this, he is currently out of status and technically living in Canada without any status. (see - If you’ll finish your studies before your study permit expires on the webpage https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/while-you-study.html)
3. He got the admission in the MBA course for the October 2024 intake.
4. He is in Canada at the moment.

We are thinking of two things in the case:
1. To restore his visitor status first (as he is still in the said 90-day period from the day his study permit expired in March 2024).
2. Once he have his status restored, then will apply for a new study permit.

Please advise, what will be the best thing to do in the scenario.

Thank You.
But if he stopped studying in Dec 2023, I think he is out of status too long to apply to restore as visitor.

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
His visitor visa expired on March 15, 2024 (as per the visa sticker on his passport).

so, there still seems a last possible chance for restoration.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
His visitor visa expired on March 15, 2024 (as per the visa sticker on his passport).

Did he re-enter recently (6 months from March 15?) and do you mean a stamp to leave Canada by in his passport?

If you do mean Visitor visa, it only means he can enter into Canada until March 15, 2024. It doesn't mean he has visitor status until March 15.

Reactions: Naturgrl

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
As of now I mean Visitor Visa while I am checking when he last landed, as he did shared that he recently come back to Canada but I don’t have exact dates with me.

will share as soon as I have it.

Thanks.

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

This date is irrelevant. It only indicates the validity of this visa for the purposes of entering Canada, not how long he is allowed to stay outside of Canada.

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hello Guys,
Got the update from my brother.
He entered in Canada in July 2023, got academic suspension in December 2023 (the 90 days rule says, he must left Canada by March 2024, which he doesn’t).
His visitor visa expires in March 2024.

Do you guys think, he got any chance to restore his status?

Ashwin#

Dec 12, 2019
Hi guys mine is a bit similar case can you please tell
Respected members,

Here is my timeline and reasons for not completing two courses from different colleges.

Time line - Study visa Feb 2020 for International business management 4 semester from St.Clair college Windsor, May 20 Intake.
- Did one semester online from India, second in Canada and was not able to do remaining two semesters.
- Took second course at Centennial college for two semesters, could not clear two subjects of last semester.
- Came back to India, 2022 August, Working as a sales manager since.
- Now planning to do MBA from UCW Vancouver, Ielts 7 overall I have got in hand.
- Funds and Documents ready, consulting IDP at present, please can anyone suggest me what should take care going forward and how strong is my case and chances of refusal.
P.S. I have graduated in 2016 and having 7 years experience, age 30 running.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Guys,
Got the update from my brother.
He entered in Canada in July 2023, got academic suspension in December 2023 (the 90 days rule says, he must left Canada by March 2024, which he doesn’t).
His visitor visa expires in March 2024.

Do you guys think, he got any chance to restore his status?
Visitor visa expiry has no bearing as it lets you enter not live in Canada. He should have restored status within 90 days as of December 2023 when he dropped out. He can try but it may be refused. Study permit will be processed from home country.

Julien Kiesse

May 7, 2024
Hello Karen,
it is possible but you are telling me your brother came with a visitng visa and converted it to study visa in Canada itself ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Karen,
it is possible but you are telling me your brother came with a visitng visa and converted it to study visa in Canada itself ?
You cannot convert a TRV to a study permit. You apply for a study permit. If you are in Canada on a TRV then it is still processed from home country.

Julien Kiesse

May 7, 2024
No i means it is also possible to apply for student visa within canada while having a visitor visa , but you can do it only with a requirment of doing some Prerequesite course within canada itself, that why i ask this questions

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No i means it is also possible to apply for student visa within canada while having a visitor visa , but you can do it only with a requirment of doing some Prerequesite course within canada itself, that why i ask this questions
You have started another thread with the same topic.