yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally!!!! I received my passport request email today...so happy :), thus subject line says that "Instructions for visa issuance". Hope this is indeed the passport request.

I already paid the RPRF fee and sent the bio data form via email. But they again asked me to send the bio data, so I am going to enclose the bio data form along with my passports. I was also asked to provide 2 photographs each.

Couple of questions:

1. Should the photographs be dated at the back with my details on it?
2. I was asked to submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope. Instead of this can I include a priority prepaid as return envelope?
3. I have a cancelled passport too the details of which are printed on my valid passport, should I also send the cancelled passport along with the valid passport?
4. The email says:

Please submit all documents by MAIL in a single package. Please quote your application number on your correspondence and send the package to one of the following addresses:

Canada Post:
CPP – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:
CPP – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

Since, I will use Priority Canada post, to which address do I need to send the passport?

4. Final question, I am enclosing Bio Data form, passports, return Xpresspost/priority envelope, 2 photographs each for myself and my spouse. Is that all or am I missing anything?

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
Re: Finally!!!: Got My passport request today, need some advise please..

yahoo7 said:
Finally!!!! I received my passport request email today...so happy :), thus subject line says that "Instructions for visa issuance". Hope this is indeed the passport request.

I already paid the RPRF fee and sent the bio data form via email. But they again asked me to send the bio data, so I am going to enclose the bio data form along with my passports. I was also asked to provide 2 photographs each.

Couple of questions:

2. I was asked to submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope. Instead of this can I include a priority prepaid as return envelope?
3. I have a cancelled passport too the details of which are printed on my valid passport, should I also send the cancelled passport along with the valid passport?
4. The email says:

Please submit all documents by MAIL in a single package. Please quote your application number on your correspondence and send the package to one of the following addresses:

Canada Post:
CPP – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:
CPP – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

Since, I will use Priority Canada post, to which address do I need to send the passport?

4. Final question, I am enclosing Bio Data form, return Xpresspost/priority envelope, 2 photographs each for myself and my spouse. Is that all or am I missing anything?
congrats yahoo :). pls wait for seniors for ur answers as I am yet to receive this final great news... so happy for u. my dependents completed their medicals back home today and now another waiting game commence for us.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

thanks ujbaby....I am waiting for the answers...I am so excited to send the passports today :)

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Seniors, anyone please...

aartish

Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yahoo7 said:

Couple of questions:

4. The email says:

Canada Post:
CPP – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:
CPP – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

4. Final question, I am enclosing Bio Data form, passports, return Xpresspost/priority envelope, 2 photographs each for myself and my spouse. Is that all or am I missing anything?
Congrats yahoo7, very happy for you

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
yahoo7 said:
Canada Post:
CPP – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:
CPP – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

You say you use Canada Post so I would suggest using the Canada Post address provided... 8)

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
You say you use Canada Post so I would suggest using the Canada Post address provided... 8)
Canada Post also provides courier services, you know :)

pjcanada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
01-08-2012
Med's Request
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
27-03-2013
Passport Req..
09-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2013
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
yahoo7 said:

Couple of questions:

4. The email says:

Canada Post:
CPP – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:
CPP – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

1) Normally the Photo Studio guys put date stamp on it...you can just write your name on it
2) Pls use the PREPAID Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (National), letter-sized (318 x 241 mm). Always better to follow instructions given by CIC
3) I've sent my canceled passport along with my new passport...just to be safe.
4) Better to send it to following address, so that you can get signature proof.
CPP – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

btw..I used Fedex as it is safer than Canada Post for sending passports. As per CIC, for return post we've to use Canada post express envelope. So I enclosed it inside Fedex envelope.

cantomblrappl

Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
24-09-2013
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
yahoo7 said:

Couple of questions:

Yes, All photographs sent to CIC should be verifiable in terms of the photo taken date.
Never mind, priority or regular one, all they need is postage affixed addressed envelope. So Xpresspost priority (National) should suffix, the return envelope can also be the same one with the CIC recommended size.
Recommended to send the cancelled passport as well.
4. The email says:

Canada Post:
CPP – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:
CPP – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

Canada Post:
CPP – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

This one should suffice, PO Boxes do have CIC reps to collect the package and provide signature if applicable, I got a signature certificate when i sent the passport for TRV issuance.

My wishes and all the best!!

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pjcanada said:
1) Normally the Photo Studio guys put date stamp on it...you can just write your name on it
2) Pls use the PREPAID Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (National), letter-sized (318 x 241 mm). Always better to follow instructions given by CIC
3) I've sent my canceled passport along with my new passport...just to be safe.
4) Better to send it to following address, so that you can get signature proof.
CPP – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

btw..I used Fedex as it is safer than Canada Post for sending passports. As per CIC, for return post we've to use Canada post express envelope. So I enclosed it inside Fedex envelope.
Thanks for the reply pjcanada, so can I also use Canada prioirty for sending the passports and then enclose a Canada return Xpressport envelope in it?

kingofqueens

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
27-05-2013
Med's Done....
31-05-2013
Passport Req..
20-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2013
LANDED..........
08-07-2013
yahoo7 said:

Couple of questions:

4. The email says:

Canada Post:
CPP – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:
CPP – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

My suggestion would be to go with XPRESSPOST only. dont try any other way which is not mentioned.
another suggestion would be to include a cover letter and list all items your enclosing the envelope
Include the copy of the passport request email.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks king of questions, One last question..

The email says" Complete the mailing label on one envelope showing your mailing address in the “Deliver To” field." I believe this needs to be written on the return envelope. Can I write the " From address" on the return envelope as the below?:

CPP – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends, please reply...I am waiting to send the passport

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
yahoo7 said:
Friends, please reply...I am waiting to send the passport
Someone's a little impatient here. I'd love to help but I don't know if you're supposed to complete
the 'from' part of the address label at all. Maybe CIC wants you to put your address in the 'deliver to' field and that's it.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
Someone's a little impatient here. I'd love to help but I don't know if you're supposed to complete
the 'from' part of the address label at all. Maybe CIC wants you to put your address in the 'deliver to' field and that's it.
I hate to be pain buddy but I am waiting here at Canada post and it closes in 15 mins