+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very Urgent -Need advice-Visitor visa application mistake

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Dear All,

Need some urgent advice

My parents applied for their visitor visa online for which they got an approval(i.e request for passport)

However in their form IMM5257,for question#9 'Country where applying' ,they filled that as 'Canada' instead of India(Country of Residence)

Please advise what is the best way to contact CIC back and help get this corrected.

I am not sure if they have to apply again or can this be corrected?

Kindly help asap!

thnx

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Call 1-888-242‑2100
But if they are approved then it shouldn't be an issue, they must have figured it out

Srinibabu1234

Apr 5, 2013
I guess, Please go to online application and upload corrected form again. It may take process time bit more but at least you will be very clear with application.

Please try this option. Don't be panic.

Nirru

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Very Urgent -Need advice-Visitor visa application mistake

Hello..I need your help. I made an application for TRV Canada. Which was refused in September. After that I realised that I filled family info form wrongly. By mistake I wrote my husband's present Adress of Canada, my husband work in canadian company but my husband never visited Canada nor hold any Canada visa. I wrote his employers Adress. Now I want to correct this info for their further records. What should I do? Should I need to apply again with the cover letter? M thinkin to apply again. Besides that do I need to contact embassy about that error? Main purpose is to correct the error that I made so that it won't affect on our future applications.

M very worried about this. M so fool I did that mistake. Please guys help me!!

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
IT applicant said:
Dear All,

Need some urgent advice

My parents applied for their visitor visa online for which they got an approval(i.e request for passport)

However in their form IMM5257,for question#9 'Country where applying' ,they filled that as 'Canada' instead of India(Country of Residence)

Please advise what is the best way to contact CIC back and help get this corrected.

Kindly help asap!

thnx
It is not a huge mistake. If however you want to correct, you can write cover letter and refill the forms and send them with your passports.

pinki12

Jan 21, 2014
I did the same mistake for Question # 9 'Country where Applying'. My Current residence is USA.

They approved my application and asked me to send my passport.

Please can you tell me what is the solution for this problem.

Did it will create a problem.

Wow90

Oct 25, 2016
IT applicant said:
Dear All,

Need some urgent advice

Hi
Can you please let me know what you did when you submit your mom's passport . I am in the same situation. Thanks a lot in advance

Kindly help asap!

thnx

mfer7913

Mar 19, 2017
IT applicant said:
Dear All,

Need some urgent advice

Kindly help asap!

thnx
I am facing the same problem. How did you solve it?

aditiaman

Nov 6, 2018
Even i need help with the same thing guys..i hope someone would help.the application is approved but at the time of passport submission we realised our mistake..please help

aditiaman

Nov 6, 2018
Country where applying wrongly filled as canada instead of india and now the application is approved. But we do not know where to submit the passport now since as per question number 9 we have to submit it in canada which is obviously not possible