+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very Urgent: Conflict in Migration Rules or I misunderstood something?

A

Akzhol

I've taken "Am I eligible test" (cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/tool/index.asp) , and I have following result:

Based on your answers, you may be able to immigrate under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).

apply while working in Canada OR within one year of leaving your job in Canada;

Then I have downloaded application package from (cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/cec.asp)

Page 5 of Instruction Guide states that:

24 months of work experience within the last 36 months.

- So why these two documents conflicting with each other? Even if it seems that there is no conflict, there is - according to first I am eligible, but according to the second I am NOT.

My situation is as follows: I've worked for 14 months as a Software Engineer in Toronto (from June, 2008 to August 28, 2009), then left Canada. - So am I eligible for CEC? (I've total of 26 months of full-time paid experience as a Software Engineer)

It is very urgent, please, I've just several weeks for collecting documents, in case if I'm eligible.
Thank you very much.

flag2009

Star Member
Aug 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
12-05-2011
Passport Req..
03-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-09-2011
there is NO conflict.

The 12 months eligibility is for foreign graduates from a canadian university/college, while the 24 months eligibility is for foreign workers (people who have NO degree/diploma from canada).

So, if you graduated from a Canadian University/College, you are eligible with 14 months work experience IN Canada, else you have to have 24 months of CANADIAN experience in the last 36 months to be eligible.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Try it again. When I went through it with the information you posted above, the result was...

A) Based on your answers, you are close to qualifying for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. It appears that you could be eligible to apply if you secured a pre-arranged job in Canada.

AND

B) Based on your answers, you are close to qualifying for the Canadian Experience Class. It appears that you need more post-secondary studies OR more full-time skilled work experience in order to qualify.

As for a conflict between two requirements -

apply while working in Canada OR within one year of leaving your job in Canada;
24 months of work experience within the last 36 months.

- there is no conflict, you must meet both criteria, and many others...

A

Akzhol

Thank you very much guys.
I was excited and missed the part that I need 1 year of Canadian experience after graduating from Canadian University
Again, I was excited (suddenly I became eligible).
So I think I have to forget about CEC.

Thanks again,
p.s. I though IBM experience would open the gates of most companies, but it does not :(

zomby

Jun 3, 2010
you are applying after you left canada? Any idea where you will be sending your application?

A

Akzhol

you are applying after you left canada? Any idea where you will be sending your application?
I thought application would be done to local embassy of Canada. Am I mistaken?

zomby

Jun 3, 2010
No you are right but it is very hard to find information about CEC once you have left Canada. There are no specific visa office instructions, all the links take you to main site.