yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
friends, I received passport request today and am a little confused in which envelope to use to send the passport. The email from CIC tells me to use a National Canada post envelope but I just bought a Regional Priority post envelope to send the passports. Is this fine?

please help me ..please...canada post is not ready to take back the regional priority post and give me a national one.

pjcanada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
01-08-2012
Med's Request
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
27-03-2013
Passport Req..
09-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2013
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
yahoo7 said:
friends, I received passport request today and am a little confused in which envelope to use to send the passport. The email from CIC tells me to use a National Canada post envelope but I just bought a Regional Priority post envelope to send the passports. Is this fine?

please help me ..please...canada post is not ready to take back the regional priority post and give me a national one.
If you're in Ontario, regional is fine as CIC is going to ship the passports from Ottawa. If I were you I'll still use national one.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
yahoo7 said:

Please no double posts. Already answered your question.

Refer to:
http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/personal/productsservices/atoz/prepaidenvelopes.jsf

When to use Regional vs. National envelopes within Canada

All of our prepaid envelopes for use within Canada come in Regional or National formats:

Regional – Choose this format if you are mailing your envelope within one region.
Example: Vancouver to Winnipeg (Western region)

National – Choose this format if you are mailing your envelope from one region to another region.
Example: Vancouver to Charlottetown (Western region to Atlantic region)

CIC will mail from Ontario. If your in the atlantic region, you should be fine.
However, I would get a national one, as CIC asks for it.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pjcanada said:
If you're in Ontario, regional is fine as CIC is going to ship the passports from Ottawa. If I were you I'll still use national one.
I am changing the return envelope to national, just wanted to check if I can still use the priorty regional to send the passports..

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
From what I understand. It depends which province you are in and where the passports are coming back from.

Regional envelopes are just for mailing stuff from within the same province.

So CIC asks for national envelopes so that they don't have to worry about that and can send it anywhere in the country without a problem.

So if the passport is coming from for example Nova Scotia and your not from that province you need a different (national) envelope. Otherwise there is not enough "postage" to deliver it to where you are.

If it is returning from Vegreville and you are from Alberta there should be no problem getting to you.

If I were you I would not hesitate at all to buy another correct envelope and not risk it. After all the waiting and the money spent what is anothe4 15-20 bucks or so.

And just use the regional envelope another time in the future if you can't return it. It doesn't expire after all and You can have peace of mind that you sent the right envelope.

Goodluck!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
yahoo7 said:
I am changing the return envelope to national, just wanted to check if I can still use the priorty regional to send the passports..
You sure can. If you are going to send within one region.
If Canadapost said it's OK, you should be fine. Just make sure the return envelope is national.

Dilli

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
05-09-2012
Med's Request
Didnt come since advance Medicals
Med's Done....
Sep' 2012 (Advanced)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2013
LANDED..........
24-09-2013
yahoo7 said:

LOL - why all of the queries related to you are very urgent?
whether it be medicals, PPR or Canada Post.
No Offence Meant :p...
Congrats by the way !
Lucky guy, I am Aug applicant still waiting !!!