+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very ugent - citizenship address history gap

amazigh-agnostic

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hello everyone Hope you are all doing good in these uncertain times .
I have been wondering about this a long time ago . actually i am filling my citizenship application , in the address history i find out there is a gap of 3 days .

landed first time in 23th of september 2016
rented appart the 26th of september
i forgot in which hotel i stayed during these 3 days so i am very worried about this . please can someone help me . thank you very much guys stay safe

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
No need to worry. Citizenship application asks for Month/year & not Day/Month/Year so you are good to go.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello everyone Hope you are all doing good in these uncertain times .
I have been wondering about this a long time ago . actually i am filling my citizenship application , in the address history i find out there is a gap of 3 days .

landed first time in 23th of september 2016
rented appart the 26th of september
i forgot in which hotel i stayed during these 3 days so i am very worried about this . please can someone help me . thank you very much guys stay safe
Try to search your emails etc to see if you can find the place where you stayed.

If you absolutely cannot find the hotel where you stayed for 3 days, then I guess you can simply add the address of the apartment right from day 1 when you landed in Canada and clarify this to the officer with a letter of explanation so that it won't be considered lying on the application.

This is only my opinion and not professional advise.

amazigh-agnostic

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
well in the new form they ask for days . its just a 3 days gap not a big deal but i am worried that it would be seen as a misrepresentation .
i have a very short memory it is like 5 years back how would i remmember this when i just landed in no where . please advise me guys thank you again and again

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
well in the new form they ask for days . its just a 3 days gap not a big deal but i am worried that it would be seen as a misrepresentation .
i have a very short memory it is like 5 years back how would i remmember this when i just landed in no where . please advise me guys thank you again and again
No one is going to do residence verification for 3 days gap. All they want to see is that you have resided within Canada. So include that 3 days in that first address itself and give it and you can tell that you moved and got the rental officially started on that date if at all questioned. 100% they wont be questioning for 3 days.
People are staying at relatives place and friends place without any lease/proof and filing for citizenship. Nothing to worry.

IRCC should still learn on how to interpret the citizenship rules. They should simply abolish these and ask for the period of stay without proof of addresses etc but we have a long way to go with ircc(as they are still collecting information like 20 years ago when there was no real record of entry/exit).

Reactions: amazigh-agnostic

amazigh-agnostic

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
No one is going to do residence verification for 3 days gap. All they want to see is that you have resided within Canada. So include that 3 days in that first address itself and give it and you can tell that you moved and got the rental officially started on that date if at all questioned. 100% they wont be questioning for 3 days.
People are staying at relatives place and friends place without any lease/proof and filing for citizenship. Nothing to worry.

IRCC should still learn on how to interpret the citizenship rules. They should simply abolish these and ask for the period of stay without proof of addresses etc but we have a long way to go with ircc(as they are still collecting information like 20 years ago when there was no real record of entry/exit).
A BIG THANKS TO YOU MY BROTHER YOU ARE A GREAT MAN I FEEL SO RELIEVED NOW I EVEN HAD INSOMNIA , THANK YOU SO MUCH STAY SAFE MUCH LOVE

Romiz321

Jul 6, 2023
Can anyone pls tell how to deal with the gaps in the transit dates while filling online Canadian citizenship form .. it won’t validate for transits .. and how to continue (residence and tax ).. has anyone applied recently plsss plsss help from India to Canada is obviously 24 hrs so with an extra stay in airport the date will definitely change I am. Sick of this plsss help someone