waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
qorax said:

Yes, a break-up, anyday is traumatic... but sometimes it's wise as well - when things just do not go as it should -- then it's sure to be better alone than being battered. And many times u'd be wiser/successful as single than being in a beaten relationship - have faith in God - & things would work-out nicer in the run - it would be - it should be...
Agree! Very well said..... Sir! ;)

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
BZ Mom said:
Agree! Very well said..... Sir! ;)
I second. I hate to hear of a person being ill treated in any form. Yes,better you go and continue your life alone, than being beaten or even short down like i always read from papers. Please better be alone and if you have any kids, they will keep you company or your other friends will do so.

All will come to pass my friend.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
canadaloveu said:
Mr Qorax, thank u for being so informative for me ....i have no words for u....i can feel that u r feeling my problems even from very far distance.....i am grateful that ihave found this forum and the kind members like who have given me the advice...

from ur points i understand that:

1. if my husband does not go with me before 30 April 2011 (this is the date the visa expires) he won't be able to enter Canada any more in the future without my sponsorship

2. in this case i can carry on living in Canada with a peace of mind and try to forget my painful & torturous past

i have one more thing in my mind------what will happen if i want to get married (in my own country or in Canada) and want to bring my new husband in Canada? will i have to submit the divorce papers before i am able to sponsor my new husband? or will i be able to just bring my new husband without the divorce paprers or without any hassle?
Both your asumptions/understandings r perfectly correct.

As MCBoy & others opined...
1. Married u r, as per CIC... that needs to be 'corrected' first & foremost once u r 'single' again.
2. And that needs to be done imdlt upon getting the Divorce papers. -do not delay that, but play-along till u land
3. Familial 'dual relationships' aren't permitted here. So, before u get reMarried - u must have divorced the previous one [whether male or female].

Qorax

MCBoy

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks captain for quoting me!

To the OP: Say you land now. You send the divorce papers after that and say that your are updating the CIC, since you are divorcing within a week of PR, it is highly likely for them to ask for more and detailed documentation (to rule out the pr-marriage scam). If they ask for all your documentations including, initial notice of intent to seek divorce, you have to send them. Since you said you will be getting your divorce papers in 2-3 weeks, my understanding is that, your case is already near closure. That means, you had already officially notified that you are intending to divorce this person, legally leaving a paper trail. So there will be a date mismatch. You will face more trauma with that, trust me.

Be safe, be happy, TELL THE TRUTH.

Truth is like a injection, will be painful when it pricks and may be for a few more days, but it is the CURE or PREVENTION.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MCBoy said:
Be safe, be happy, TELL THE TRUTH.
Truth is like a injection, will be painful when it pricks and may be for a few more days, but it is the CURE or PREVENTION.
Very well said...Thats why I like this forum and the GEM members to do its ornament.... We have got a fabulous set of seniors to guide the best way they can and member also follow the trend to always come forward with compassion, full sense of support to others who needs....Nothing goes unattended here.... simple to complex.... serious to light... urgent to normal......We are proud being a part of it!!!

All the best for you canadaloveu... whatever decision you might consider from the above suggestions... After all its your own life and decision!!!
Our prayers will remain with you....

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fariza said:
Very well said...Thats why I like this forum and the GEM members to do its ornament.... We have got a fabulous set of seniors to guide the best way they can and member also follow the trend to always come forward with compassion, full sense of support to others who needs....Nothing goes unattended here.... simple to complex.... serious to light... urgent to normal......We are proud being a part of it!!!

All the best for you canadaloveu... whatever decision you might consider from the above suggestions... After all its your own life and decision!!!
Our prayers will remain with you....
Yes, Fariza, i am also happy being a member of this forum. Just like me my case is in the hands of an inexperienced visa officer and without this forum it would have been a problem f or me. I keep getting advice from everybody to follow up this my case file. I am pretty sure without the forum i will make many mistakes on the way.

Good friends, good members lets keep on in this same spirit.

We wish her to think well and take the best decision from all the suggestions above.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go with Quorax advise and delay the divorce unless you want to delay your PR and possibly have to apply again.

Is there any chance of reconciliation here?

If you do start a relationship later and want to sponsor another husband at a later date, it will not look good for you if you produce divorce papers from before you landed or very shortly after you landed because that will make immigration aware that you misrepresented yourself when you landed.

You would definitely have to provide divorce papers if you want to marry another man because Canada does not allow being married to two people at the same time and neither does immigration.

iloveYou!

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
Leon said:
Go with Quorax advise and delay the divorce unless you want to delay your PR and possibly have to apply again.

Is there any chance of reconciliation here?

If you do start a relationship later and want to sponsor another husband at a later date, it will not look good for you if you produce divorce papers from before you landed or very shortly after you landed because that will make immigration aware that you misrepresented yourself when you landed.

You would definitely have to provide divorce papers if you want to marry another man because Canada does not allow being married to two people at the same time and neither does immigration.
Agreed.

chrisdalop

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Re: Common Law partner to land on May

Hi Qorax,

My common law partner will land this coming May. My question is can she land in Winnipeg manitoba if I landed first in Edmonton Alberta? I already transferred last February in Winnipeg, Manitoba because I had my assessment here and will study Nursing. I had landed before in Edmonton, Alberta. Will it be okay if my common law partner lands in winnipeg instead of Edmonton where I first landed before?

Will she still need to have Proof of Funds when she land? I am the Principal applicant and I landed first?

Thank you very much qorax. God bless you.

chrisdalop

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: Common Law partner to land on May

chrisdalop said:
Hi Qorax,

My common law partner will land this coming May. My question is can she land in Winnipeg manitoba if I landed first in Edmonton Alberta? I already transferred last February in Winnipeg, Manitoba because I had my assessment here and will study Nursing. I had landed before in Edmonton, Alberta. Will it be okay if my common law partner lands in winnipeg instead of Edmonton where I first landed before?

Will she still need to have Proof of Funds when she land? I am the Principal applicant and I landed first?

Thank you very much qorax. God bless you.

chrisdalop
1. I don't see any prob with that.
2. No, she doesn't require to show the 'landing funds' - u've done that part already!

Qorax