Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
26-11-2016
This forum has a wealth of information on Express Entry

Here are a few links.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/candidate.asp

I am sorry for the stress you are going through with no job and a family to look after. But i do believe that given the responsibility that comes with being a parent and a husband, you should have done extensive research before leaving for Canada let alone before quitting your job.

Best option for you would be to go back to India and go through the process of obtaining an immigrant visa or PR. Unless you are extra ordinary and some company cannot do without you.

Since you are there, I would suggest travel in Canada to see which place would be the best for your family to settle in and the go back.

Do not pursue the option of paying for LMIA. It is deeply unethical and we do not need that sort of thinking around here.

There is a lot of prep work that goes into immigrating to another country. Showing you have enough funds to take care of your family when you move there eventually and legally.

Selling the house(if you wish), settling your finances(closing accounts), getting all your documents ready for you and your kid. All these things can hardly be done from another country.

amodmallya

Star Member
May 3, 2016
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24-04-2016
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
26-11-2016
I apologize for the usage of strong/harsh words.

sjdhgfkl

Aug 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry about your situation.

Immigration is a serious decision and it will influence your life A LOT. Currently no matter what approach you take, it will consume more time than you like. It is ABSOLUTELY not wise to work as a visitor, especially for you who totally have opportunities to immigrate legally.

If you do not have mortgage and a family behind you, I would suggest that you enroll a school program in a province which is relatively easier than Alberta for immigration. However, as you say you got family to support and have GOOD work experience already, I recommend you to go home, get another job, save enough fund and also communicate well with your family about immigration--trust me you need their support for this decision more than anything else. Meanwhile you can do some research and figure out your best option to immigrate to Canada. I believe policies such as FSW will not change too much at least within 2 years. You probably should inquire more about the future trends of immigration policies of Canada and adjust your strategy based on the possible trends.

If you believe this is what you have to do, it is worth the wait then. Deal with your mortgage/loan, support your family and come back with a stronger resume, you will be more prepared to start off in Canada. At least for me I found it is harder to get what I desire for my life (such as a career and family support) than getting immigration done.

Best wishes.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all, I am really sorry to hear your situation. But I could not understand why did you leave your job and betting on LMIA.. I am sure you were aware of this and you have your own reasoning when you decided to stay longer for your visit in Canada

It has been mentioned numerous times by many members in this forum that getting LMIA is close to impossible unless you have a very specific skill set in a niche field. Even with those, it is not guaranteed that you can secure LMIA

Anyway, what you can do right now in my opinion is:

1. Get a study permit for Ph.D degree or master's degree so that you can stay longer in Canada
2. Extend you visitor visa if possible
3. Go back to India and apply for express entry/PNP directly
4. Marry Canadian PR/Citizen and apply family sponsorship

That`s all.. no other choices

sqid.madoma

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Calgary
Visa Office......
Sydney
AOR Received.
16-11-2021
Go home, get a new job and meanwhile consider all your options for coming in Canada. As previously said you will most likely never get an LMIA. You should rather try to become a PR.

This forum has been a huge help for many people to understand the process of becoming permanent resident, make use of it.

And when you will be back be careful about the city you pick, make some research or try to visit it. It its the worst time ever to try to get a job in Calgary for example.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
If I had a dollar for every case like this that I've seen, I'd be a rich man. This is what happens when Canadian consulates issue tourist visas without interviewing applicants in person, and when CBSA officers let foreign nationals into Canada without asking them if they have a job to go back to in their countries. Yes, I know they're called "Temporary Resident Visas" but I find that misleading so I like to call them 'tourist' visas. People applying for this kind of visa are not 'residents' of Canada in any sense. They're tourists -- more precisely, they're what US immigration law calls 'intending immigrants' pretending to be tourists.

Sad truth of the matter is, all the money in the world isn't going to solve the problem of preventing these people from getting into Canada. This person's case is a matter of visa officers and CBSA officers not properly doing their job of screening potential tourists for immigration intent. OP does not appear to me that he would have slipped through CBSA if they had asked the proper questions on arrival.

Unfortunately however, even in the US where they have much tighter screening people like these will slip through. They can be very well-prepared as to what to say to border officers and evidence of ties back home can be faked. Like I said, all the money in the world isn't going to help solve this problem.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Naitik32 said:
Dear bestofluck,

thanks for your time and inputs looking into my situation, but i would kindly request, don't be so tough and hard in language, I do understand i might have made mistake but its not sin.

Thank you
I have no personal enmity with you. I used those words just because I felt the whole intentions of yours were wrong. you did not do your homework before going on a Visitor Visa. I just feel you must have thought that after reaching there you will take up some illegal job and than do something to get PR. by hook or crook. When you go on a visitor visa leaving your wife and one year child back home, the intentions are always doubtful, and I agree to marcus that just because they want to earn some money they ignore this very fact and give the Visa.

I wanted to stop you from doing something illegal ( because you are so much desperate that you will end up doing something illegal) and that is the reason, not only me everyone hear will advise you the same thing.

If I was your friend who sponsored you, I would pack up your bags and leave you to the Airport immediately.

Please come back to India and get another job for you. I have not come across a single educated person in India who is without a job !!!!

I know a friend who was refused an USA Visa because his mother overstayed during her visit to US. So doing anything illegal will make things difficult for you and your family for years to come , generations to come. Think 1000 times before doing any such thing.

Surprised you saw my harsh language, but not the intention !!!

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
True, at least in my country, it is very unlikely for an educated person, especially with MBA from reputable business school other local or overseas, to not get a job, unless he/she is super picky or lazy..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Naitik32 said:
Dear Softdave,

Thank you so much for your post and concern. Yes, One of my friend who is settled in Canada, helped me to get visitor visa last year. He provided me invitation letter along with other documents to process my visitor visa.

Since, I am on Visitor visa for 10 years and allowed to stay here for 6 months on visit. I am not legally allowed to work here. Even though i have education and good work experience, but without work permit / work visa, Options are very tough for me.

Best Regards,
It's extremely difficult to obtain an approved LMIA (none of the big five banks will go through the LMIA process). If money is an issue, I would strongly recommend you return to India and get a job there again - and then apply to immigrate from India.

Note that many of Canada's immigration programs require you to have savings in order to qualify to apply. Do you have the required amount saved to apply?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Hansdza said:
True, at least in my country, it is very unlikely for an educated person, especially with MBA from reputable business school other local or overseas, to not get a job, unless he/she is super picky or lazy..
yes, and the fact is if someone is so picky or lazy than he/she would have a more difficult time in Canada than his own country.

prab0

Star Member
Sep 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2016
This Guy is wasting your time forum members..no one with this educational background will do such a blunder.
I doubt this guy s fake and just pulling out information for some one else (who is uneducated and trying to settle illegally in canada) .
THis is such a wonderfull community and i request do not help people with wrong intentions.

his story is all cooked up.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
prab0 said:
This Guy is wasting your time forum members..no one with this educational background will do such a blunder.
I doubt this guy s fake and just pulling out information for some one else (who is uneducated and trying to settle illegally in canada) .
THis is such a wonderfull community and i request do not help people with wrong intentions.

his story is all cooked up.
You may be right, but at the same time, having an MBA or work experience doesn't make anyone immune from making stupid/ignorant/naive life decisions. I know of a few examples.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
nEVERgiveUP751 said:
use this tool and calculate your score, it takes less than 5 min to calculate your score
He needs to go home and "calculate his score" from there. There is nothing that can be done for him in Canada. He only has three months left on his visitor status (if, as he claims, he got here in June), and that's not enough time to apply for and be granted PR status under ANY program.

As for extending his visitor status, the odds are not good. You don't get your visitor status extended just because you want it. He'll need a valid reason for remaining in Canada as a visitor. In particular, he'll need to explain why he wants to spend so much time in visitor status -- and that's separate from the requirement to show that you have enough personal funds to support yourself without employment.

In any case, even if his visitor status is extended, all he would be able to do in Canada is spend his own money. He's not going to be able to get any job "on the books". Assuming they have an interest in you, everywhere you go you'll need to show a work permit and and SIN number.

Basically he'll be asking his friend to continue to support him while he sits at home. I don't know how you make friends like that in the first place. I wish I had such friends.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
You can
1) go back, make profile and wait in the pool,
2) apply for PNPs while in the pool, if you have enough points.
3) if possible try to visit Manitoba and Saskatchewan, they will later give you points for past visits and job searching.
4) if you want to further your education, get enrolled in a course of your liking in Canada, you may get study permit. That would help you in future raising your score as well as will give you chance to get PGWP. Then you will have excellent chance for PR.

There is nothing wrong in the intention to immigrate to Canada as long as you don't break any laws. Even most of the students have intention to get PR when they come here to study.

Also quitting your job is bad, but think of it as lay off. It can happen. Think positive. Explore all options without going out of status and doing something illegal. Good luck.