+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

very short trip to get the PR status validated

Swiya

Jul 7, 2018
Hello,

We have recently received our COPR and plan to get the PR status validated soon. We will be landing Toronto on 28 dec, 2018 and leaving on Jan 1,2019.
We plan to provide friend's address for mailing PR cards. Do we need to apply for SIN and health insurance during this visit? Considering it in a holiday period, would we be even able to apply?
We do not plan to move permanently until 2020, can we get other formalities done after we really move there?

Thank you!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello,

We have recently received our COPR and plan to get the PR status validated soon. We will be landing Toronto on 28 dec, 2018 and leaving on Jan 1,2019.
We plan to provide friend's address for mailing PR cards. Do we need to apply for SIN and health insurance during this visit? Considering it in a holiday period, would we be even able to apply?
We do not plan to move permanently until 2020, can we get other formalities done after we really move there?

Thank you!
SIN : Yes you should apply for this. Health Insurance : No, as you will not yet be eligible.

Swiya

Jul 7, 2018
SIN : Yes you should apply for this. Health Insurance : No, as you will not yet be eligible.
Thanks for your clear and crisp reply. One of the videos suggested, the SIN will be given as part of the immigration process at the airport. Is that true or do I need to visit any govt. office for this?
Another query, my bank did not provide a travellers cheque saying it's outdated. Is there any way to show proof of funds apart from carrying the cash?

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
Thanks for your clear and crisp reply. One of the videos suggested, the SIN will be given as part of the immigration process at the airport. Is that true or do I need to visit any govt. office for this?
Another query, my bank did not provide a travellers cheque saying it's outdated. Is there any way to show proof of funds apart from carrying the cash?
I believe there is a Service Canada office in YYZ so you should be able to get your SIN right away if the office is open. If not you can go to any Service Canada office - it only takes about 10 minutes to get SIN.

For proof of funds, just bring a printed bank statement. You may not even be asked for it.