+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very poor grades from a world class university, good work exp. and very good IELTS scores. Options?

SteelWing95

Jul 2, 2019
India
Hi,

I graduated as an engineer from one of the top 100 universities in the world, albeit with very poor grades (Third Class, British Standards- equivalent to about 45%). I have been working for 2 years in a very professional environment handling business administration and Sales & Marketing. My IELTS score is 8.0 bands.

I am primarily looking for the best possible option. I understand that the grades will be a problem for me despite anything else that may look respectable on my CV. I am currently looking at colleges only, and have got some very positive feedback from some of them in Canada. I wish to study Business Management or Supply Chain Management. My questions are threefold:

1) Is there any way for me to be eligible for a masters program anywhere in Canada? If I study in a college starting this Jan for a year, graduate well and then apply the following year for a Masters program, will that help my cause?

2) I eventually wish to settle down in Canada, and would like to get a job. How much better is a 2/3 year DEC program vs a 1-year AEC program?

3) I will be beginning my professional journey from a low point as I would not be able to enrol in a top institution. Is it very difficult to climb your way to a good job & a good work environment despite being from an average or below-average institution?

Thank you for your answers and apologies for the long question.