+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very little chance that they will open the border before end of this year

Yangz

Jun 9, 2020
Because they know that if they issue study permits then students will come to Canada. This isn't rocket science
that's not totally true. remember they said only visa issued before 3.18 can enter canada? they can also announce something like that, instead of letting international students taking online classes without valid legal status.

Reactions: ShaUCan and proceso

Sep 15, 2020
Because they know that if they issue study permits then students will come to Canada. This isn't rocket science
CBSA remain the right to refuse students to enter Canada if their study permit is approved after 3.18.

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
absolutely not true. it would just give students a peace of mind in pursuing studies online, it in no way makes sure that everyone with visa can travel. in fact many people who have visas (prior march ) still cannot travel because it is not considered essential

fdd123

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
People were travelling to Canada even when there was lockdown in Canada if students had permits on or before March 18. I don't think another second wave will affect international students coming. All they have to do is change the initial date from March 18 to September 15.

Sep 15, 2020
Bu
People were travelling to Canada even when there was lockdown in Canada if students had permits on or before March 18. I don't think another second wave will affect international students coming. All they have to do is change the initial date from March 18 to September 15.
But they don’t issue visas

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
that's not totally true. remember they said only visa issued before 3.18 can enter canada? they can also announce something like that, instead of letting international students taking online classes without valid legal status.
I have many events where people after 3.18 have been entering as long as they had a visa.

CBSA remain the right to refuse students to enter Canada if their study permit is approved after 3.18.
And can also face legal challenge when accused on improper grounds for denial. On the other hand, AIP really means nothing.
absolutely not true. it would just give students a peace of mind in pursuing studies online, it in no way makes sure that everyone with visa can travel. in fact many people who have visas (prior march ) still cannot travel because it is not considered essential
You are too naïve. Almost all colleges and universities are issuing letters of support suggesting mandatory requirement to enter Canada for students. How can agents tell which letters are genuine are which ones were made up just to let students in? After all, universities and colleges want to issue these so they don't lose tuition.

Disclaimer: These opinions are based on personal experience. I am not going to provide evidence for each claim but I really don't think any of this is far-fetched.

Reactions: canuck78 and ohbruh

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
I have many events where people after 3.18 have been entering as long as they had a visa.

And can also face legal challenge when accused on improper grounds for denial. On the other hand, AIP really means nothing.

You are too naïve. Almost all colleges and universities are issuing letters of support suggesting mandatory requirement to enter Canada for students. How can agents tell which letters are genuine are which ones were made up just to let students in? After all, universities and colleges want to issue these so they don't lose tuition.

Disclaimer: These opinions are based on personal experience. I am not going to provide evidence for each claim but I really don't think any of this is far-fetched.
Why aip mean nothing sir many people got deported who had complete visa also sir so even full visa means nothing

• Haha
Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Why aip mean nothing sir many people got deported who had complete visa also sir so even full visa means nothing
Nobody with a study permit gets "deported" unless they violated their conditions. AIP is meaningless as people have regularly been refused in stage 2 for eligibility reasons, which are supposedly covered during stage 1.

Reactions: andyL and Petita

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
Nobody with a study permit gets "deported" unless they violated their conditions. AIP is meaningless as people have regularly been refused in stage 2 for eligibility reasons, which are supposedly covered during stage 1.
sir so you say ircc dont know anything and give all false hope with aip not fair sir then why go to a country with not fair ? no one should go yet thousands of students apply so y be negative sir

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
sir so you say ircc dont know anything and give all false hope with aip not fair sir then why go to a country with not fair ? no one should go yet thousands of students apply so y be negative sir
You can read through the forum yourself. Several people have reported being refused based on R216(1), which is an eligibility reason, despite receiving AIP. Also, I'm not a sir.