+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very interesting Affidavit Mistake Done by My Translator. Please Help !

eywahlar olsun

Jul 11, 2017
Hello guys,

I received my AOR/FSW-outland at 28th of September. I have just noticed a mistake that is done by my translator. In my work experience letter, the affidavit is;

''I herebey declare that I have accurately and completely translated the document presented to me in original form from Turkish to English. Certified Translator: Murat UCUNCU''

There is nothing wrong with this. However, in my proof of funds (POF) document, the affidavit is;

''I herebey declare that I have accurately and completely translated the document present to me in original form from Turkish to English. Certified Translator: Ahmet YILDIRIM''

There is no ''-ed'' in the word ''..present'' in my POF written by Ahmet YILDIRIM. Both affidavits are excatly same in their originals (Turkish), but in their English versions, ''-ed'' is missing in one of them. This is obviously a writing mistake done by my translator (Ahmet YILDIRIM) due to lack of attention, and i failed to notice it before applying for AOR. The problem is that the mistake makes the whole sentence grammatically incorrect.

What are your opininons ? Does this cause me a problem like refusal ? or am i starting to being over-anxious ?

Last edited:

eywahlar olsun

Jul 11, 2017
Honestly I dont think that will cause any problems whatsoever. Relax man.
under normal conditions me either, but on the forum i read some posts saying that even minor translation mistakes or misspellings can be turned into big issues by IRRC sometimes. That is why i thought that asking people who experienced similar situations at this early stage of my application is a good idea.

Hassan89

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
I think at this stage nothing much can be done except to wait and see what CIC decides. One more thing that could be helpful if you can get the translator to issue you a new corrected version and then you can upload it via webform.

eywahlar olsun

Jul 11, 2017
I think at this stage nothing much can be done except to wait and see what CIC decides. One more thing that could be helpful if you can get the translator to issue you a new corrected version and then you can upload it via webform.
Thank you, i can do this. Do you think that i need to translate all of my documents and prepare a new version ? because I dont need the translator who made the mistake for this, i can find an another translator.

Maybe i can take a letter of correction from my translator stating that he did a mistake unintenionally and now correcting it. Do they accept this kind of letter ?

Hassan89

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Thank you, i can do this. Do you think that i need to translate all of my documents and prepare a new version ? because I dont need the translator who made the mistake for this, i can find an another translator.

Maybe i can take a letter of correction from my translator stating that he did a mistake unintenionally and now correcting it. Do they accept this kind of letter ?
How about you use the same translator to issue you a free of charge corrected letter and a letter to CIC pointing out hos mistake addressed to CIC ?