+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very Important Request for your kind advise

AlejoG

Jun 1, 2012
Hello everyone.
Before you read my case, I want to thank you all for your help.

I have a PR card that was given to me in July 2007. I left Canada right then and never came back. Also, even though my passport was never stamped when I left the country, I cant prove that I´ve been inside Canada.
My PR card expires July 2nd 2012 and I´m planning to move back to Toronto since I have a job offer in hand.

Question1: Considering that I´m not meeting PR criteria, is there a possibility that officers will not allow me to go into the country if I land before July 2nd?

Question 2: If I land in Canada after PR expires but instead of entering the country with PR, I enter with my passport that doesnt require visa to enter Canada, will that be ok? I´m asking because in that case I´ll enter as a tourist and then would stay in the country and not leave for 2 years until I can renew PR card

Question 3: Once I enter the country, could my employer make trouble to me because I have an expired PR? What documents do you need to get you OHIP and driver license? Do you need for those your valid PR?

Thanks so much for your help. Your quick advice in each matter will help me a lot!!!

BEst!!

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You will be allowed to enter but you may get reported and lose your PR card. If you are reported, and if decision is made to cancel your PR then you will have the chance to appeal the decision. If you do not get reported, then yesyou must stay for 2 years to renew.

2. You cannot enter as a tourist when you are a PR, you have to declare that you are a PR.

3. For employment purposes, you may supply you COPR to show that you are allowed to work.

AlejoG

Jun 1, 2012
Thanks CanV for your advice.

If I get reported what could be the worst case scenario?

As far as I read in other sites, permanent residency status does not expire, cards do. Is this true? Or if I get reported there is a big possibility to lose PR status and asked to leave the country?

To be honest, I do not have a valid reason not to have been in Canada. I have just been offered the same position I have in my home country with the same company in Toronto, Canada, that´s why I want to relocate considering that I have the possibility to do it if I´m allowed to enter the country with my valid PR card but having not met the requirements.

Thanks,

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you get reported, an action may be taken against you to revoke your PR status, and then you will given a chance to appeal.

You may lose PR status even if your PR card is still valid. Alternatively, you could maintain your PR status even if you PR card expires.