+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very important: Application Fee need to pay twice after April 30th

rd569

May 6, 2020
Hi guys, the EE application fee has been increased after April 30th.

Processing fee ($825)
Right of permanent residence fee ($500)
Biometrics – per person ($85) (not change)

IRCC account still kept the old fee value when I submit my application on May 4th. I though that is because I got my ITA on March 23rd.

My fee required in the system:
ApplicationQuantityPrice (CAD) per unitTotal (CAD)
Permanent Resident Application Fee1$550$550
Right Of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)1$490$490
Biometrics Fee1$85$85

However, I find this when checking the IRCC website today. (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp#permanent)
My understand is that anyone that submits the application after April 30th must pay their fee as the new value? However, because IRCC cannot update their system immediately, so people have to pay fee by separating it into two payments.

It is totally ridiculous as I didn't receive any warning from my account before or after I submitted my application. No email as well. If I am not bored today or I don't know the fee has been increased, I will never check the fee list page in IRCC. I search the key words in the forum. It looks like no one noticed that. That is terrible because that may cause the delay of the application, and it was not our fault. It is IRCC that don't get their system ready and increase the fee.

Please let people in AOR know. Also, if my understand is wrong, please reply and point it out.

The following is the words from IRCC website.

"Our system isn’t updated with the new Express Entry fees

If you applied online under Express Entry, you must pay your application fees in 2 payments.

First, you must pay the difference in the fee amount in our ePayment portal. After that, you must come back to your secure account to pay the rest of your application fees.

Find out how to pay your Express Entry fees."

On April 30, 2020, the fees increased for most economic immigration programs and the right of permanent residence. The Express Entry online application isn’t updated with the new fees. This will only happen on June 2.

From now until June 2, 2020, you must pay your application fees in 2 payments.

rd569

May 6, 2020
Need help:
IRCC provides an instruction to pay the difference and submit the receipt through the Document checklist page. But I have already submitted my application and the document upload portal is closed. Where can I submit the additional payment receipt?

mancugay

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Need help:
IRCC provides an instruction to pay the difference and submit the receipt through the Document checklist page. But I have already submitted my application and the document upload portal is closed. Where can I submit the additional payment receipt?
Via webform, I guess.

georgiahj

Aug 23, 2019
I sent the receipt through the webform. Hope that will help. Still think it’s ridiculous.
This exact situation happened to me. I submitted my application on May 4 (AOR May 5) and had no idea that the fees had changed - it was pure chance (and terrible timing) that I found out afterwards. I paid the difference the next morning and submitted the receipt via the webform with an LOE stating I was unaware of the change.

I completely agree with you that this seems totally ridiculous since we were not notified before submitting. I double checked my account to make sure I hadn't missed any messages. I also feel for all the candidates working on applications now who are also unaware. Hopefully they will accept the uploaded receipt without it being too much of an issue, or causing any substantial delay to processing.

I have also seen two different possible outcomes for paying the fees incorrectly:

1. "If you submit your eAPR without the additional fees, a fee payment request will be sent to you through your MyAccount." (source: message to an Express Entry candidate notifying them of the fee increase)

2. "Applications received on or after 09:00 am EDT on April 30, 2020, that do not include the correct fees will be returned to the applicant as incomplete. Evidence of the correct fee payment needs to accompany any application for a permanent resident program submitted to IRCC." (source: http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2020/2020-04-01/html/sor-dors45-eng.html?fbclid=IwAR07LcwvVS_0rt_iePW2A4vU-5dQAuVkwyU5pqhBoj63PYnKB6Swse_JUfY)

If anyone can provide any further clarification on this, that would be awesome. If not, I guess time will tell... Good luck @rd569 !

dreamer7775

Feb 13, 2020
This exact situation happened to me. I submitted my application on May 4 (AOR May 5) and had no idea that the fees had changed - it was pure chance (and terrible timing) that I found out afterwards. I paid the difference the next morning and submitted the receipt via the webform with an LOE stating I was unaware of the change.

I completely agree with you that this seems totally ridiculous since we were not notified before submitting. I double checked my account to make sure I hadn't missed any messages. I also feel for all the candidates working on applications now who are also unaware. Hopefully they will accept the uploaded receipt without it being too much of an issue, or causing any substantial delay to processing.

I have also seen two different possible outcomes for paying the fees incorrectly:

1. "If you submit your eAPR without the additional fees, a fee payment request will be sent to you through your MyAccount." (source: message to an Express Entry candidate notifying them of the fee increase)

2. "Applications received on or after 09:00 am EDT on April 30, 2020, that do not include the correct fees will be returned to the applicant as incomplete. Evidence of the correct fee payment needs to accompany any application for a permanent resident program submitted to IRCC." (source: http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2020/2020-04-01/html/sor-dors45-eng.html?fbclid=IwAR07LcwvVS_0rt_iePW2A4vU-5dQAuVkwyU5pqhBoj63PYnKB6Swse_JUfY)

If anyone can provide any further clarification on this, that would be awesome. If not, I guess time will tell... Good luck @rd569 !
Hi,

Can you guide me how you paid increased difference amount as I also submitted my application yesterday and wasnt aware of increase in fees.

georgiahj

Aug 23, 2019
Hi,

Can you guide me how you paid increased difference amount as I also submitted my application yesterday and wasnt aware of increase in fees.

I followed the guidelines below (which were not sent to me, but forwarded from a friend after I had submitted my application...) and then submitted my receipt through the webform, merged with an LOE explaining that I was not aware of the fees:

Dear Express Entry Candidate:

On April 30, 2020, the fees increased for most economic immigration programs and the Right of Permanent Residence fee. Our system is not yet updated with the new Express Entry fees. The correct fees will be updated in the system on June 2nd.

You must pay your application fees in 2 payments.

First, you must pay the difference in the fee amount in our ePayment portal. After that, you must come back to your secure account to pay the rest of your application fees.

Follow these steps to make your 2 payments:

1. Calculate the total fee difference you need to pay

· Add up all the “payable difference” in the table below that applies to your situation

2. Go to the Make an additional payment or pay other fees page in the ePayment portal.

3. Under “Quantity”, enter the payable difference amount

· Each payment generates 1 receipt. You can pay as a single payment or repeat this step to make multiple payments.

· The receipt will be sent to the e-mail address you entered in the ePayment portal.

4. Return to your application in your IRCC secure account.

5. From the Document checklist page, upload the receipt(s) for the fee difference under “Optional Documents: Client Information”.

6. Proceed to pay the rest your application fees when you submit your application.

FEE DIFFERENCE SCHEDULE
(All fee amounts are in Canadian Dollars)

Fees
Previous amount used in our systems ($CAN)
New fee effective April 30, 2020 ($CAN)
Payable difference ($CAN)
Your application
Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence fee
1,040​
1,325​
285​
Your application (without Right of Permanent Residence fee)
550​
825​
275​
Include your spouse or partner
1,040​
1,325​
285​
Include your spouse or partner (without Right of Permanent Residence fee)
550​
825​
275​
Include a dependent child
150 per child​
225 per child​
75 per child​
Right of Permanent Residence fee (may be paid at a later date)
490​
500​
10​

For example, the payable difference for you ($285), your spouse ($285) and one dependent child ($75) including the Right of Permanent Residence is $ CAN 645. ($285+ $285+$75 = $645).
If you submit your eAPR without the additional fees, a fee payment request will be sent to you through your MyAccount.

We regret this inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

georgiahj

Aug 23, 2019
This is what I included in the LOE, but I am not an expert!!

I am writing with regards to my application for Permanent Residency in Canada, submitted on May 4, 2020 through Express Entry. I wish to explain that I did not receive notification that the fees had increased for most economic immigration programs and the Right of Permanent Residence fee before submitting my application. Consequently, I paid $1125, the amount asked for when I submitted the application (including the Right of Permanent Residence fee, processing fee and biometrics fee).

I have now calculated the payable difference amount and paid an additional $285 in the e-payment portal. The receipt for this payment is attached below.

Sorry for any inconvenience... etc etc.

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
I went through the same experience of finding out by chance on here, made the additional payment and uploaded receipt via webform as I had already received AOR on may 1st. I put my info into the May 2020 AOR thread so others could see as well.

dreamer7775

Feb 13, 2020
I followed the guidelines below (which were not sent to me, but forwarded from a friend after I had submitted my application...) and then submitted my receipt through the webform, merged with an LOE explaining that I was not aware of the fees:

Dear Express Entry Candidate:

On April 30, 2020, the fees increased for most economic immigration programs and the Right of Permanent Residence fee. Our system is not yet updated with the new Express Entry fees. The correct fees will be updated in the system on June 2nd.

You must pay your application fees in 2 payments.

Follow these steps to make your 2 payments:

1. Calculate the total fee difference you need to pay

· Add up all the “payable difference” in the table below that applies to your situation

2. Go to the Make an additional payment or pay other fees page in the ePayment portal.

3. Under “Quantity”, enter the payable difference amount

· Each payment generates 1 receipt. You can pay as a single payment or repeat this step to make multiple payments.

· The receipt will be sent to the e-mail address you entered in the ePayment portal.

4. Return to your application in your IRCC secure account.

5. From the Document checklist page, upload the receipt(s) for the fee difference under “Optional Documents: Client Information”.

6. Proceed to pay the rest your application fees when you submit your application.

FEE DIFFERENCE SCHEDULE
(All fee amounts are in Canadian Dollars)

Fees
Previous amount used in our systems ($CAN)
New fee effective April 30, 2020 ($CAN)
Payable difference ($CAN)
Your application
1,040​
1,325​
285​
Your application (without Right of Permanent Residence fee)
550​
825​
275​
Include your spouse or partner
1,040​
1,325​
285​
Include your spouse or partner (without Right of Permanent Residence fee)
550​
825​
275​
Include a dependent child
150 per child​
225 per child​
75 per child​
Right of Permanent Residence fee (may be paid at a later date)
490​
500​
10​

For example, the payable difference for you ($285), your spouse ($285) and one dependent child ($75) including the Right of Permanent Residence is $ CAN 645. ($285+ $285+$75 = $645).
If you submit your eAPR without the additional fees, a fee payment request will be sent to you through your MyAccount.

We regret this inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Thank You for the instructions.Paid difference amount and sent receipt via webform,hope they will acknowledge it.

dreamer7775

Feb 13, 2020
I went through the same experience of finding out by chance on here, made the additional payment and uploaded receipt via webform as I had already received AOR on may 1st. I put my info into the May 2020 AOR thread so others could see as well.
Is there any way to figure out they have received fee difference receipt sent via webform as i dont want to get rejected due to IRCC system mistake.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Is there any way to figure out they have received fee difference receipt sent via webform as i dont want to get rejected due to IRCC system mistake.
You will sometimes get a response (usually within a week )acknowledging they've received your documents, however, this is not always the case but there is no need to worry if they don't.

dreamer7775

Feb 13, 2020
You will sometimes get a response (usually within a week )acknowledging they've received your documents, however, this is not always the case but there is no need to worry if they don't.
Is there any contact number on which we contact them from outside canada ?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Is there any contact number on which we contact them from outside canada ?
Just fill another webform an ask them to confirm that they have received this document. You can call they 1800 # from outside Canada through Skype (it's free) for example but you will probably have to be on hold for a very long time.

georgiahj

Aug 23, 2019
Update: I received confirmation from IRCC that they had received the receipt showing I had paid the fee difference three days after submitting via the webform. Fingers crossed that's the end of it...

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

• LOE + receipt.pdf
We have forwarded it and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.