+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very disappointed

AnangRaj

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
hello fellow members

I arranged my trip to Canada on 7th of this month . Been to there after 27 hours flight time with layovers etc.
When I entered to immigration clearance I was asked why u r staying for 83 days I showed my invitation letter he asked what do u do - I said I’m businessman
He asked for proof - I showed him products photograph in my phone and also video of my factory .
Then scrolling down he saw my saved pictures of IELTS copy.
And things got worse thereafter.
Been grilled for 4 hours and searched for documents but found none.
But they searched all my mail and whatsaap and chat with my inviters and tell me to withdraw back my application for entry and i choose it can came back same day with 32 hours layover time.
Long story short please learn something from my story if someone one going to be like my case .

My 2 cents

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
And you didn’t think that a 3 month stay on business would draw any sort of attention from CBSA. Pictures of product and a video hardly show you are a business owner.

Reactions: Bryanna

AnangRaj

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
But that’s it I didn’t have any worng intention in my mind that it will harm my visit if had any I might delete that and one thing that those products pix and manufacturing process video was in my phone from last two years .
It was not meant for immigration purpose.

AnangRaj

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Yes I know .
But as officer later told me if I withdrew my application it won’t put any remark on my passport and he didnt put any sort of stamp on my passport and booked my return ticket back home after few hours.
My question is this if I get hotel booking for 7-10 days and show my return ticket will they let me in or my past record will affect the decision.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes I know .
But as officer later told me if I withdrew my application it won’t put any remark on my passport and he didnt put any sort of stamp on my passport and booked my return ticket back home after few hours.
My question is this if I get hotel booking for 7-10 days and show my return ticket will they let me in or my past record will affect the decision.
The fact you were refused entry is now in the computer systems and will be seen each time you enter Canada. I would recommend you wait a number of months before attempting another visit to Canada and keep that trip short. It's really impossible for any of us to say if they will let you in or not.

Reactions: AnangRaj

AnangRaj

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
The fact you were refused entry is now in the computer systems and will be seen each time you enter Canada. I would recommend you wait a number of months before attempting another visit to Canada and keep that trip short. It's really impossible for any of us to say if they will let you in or not.
Thanks Scylla
Yes I’m not planning my trip anytime soon but April may when I can get few days break.
It it possible if I order GCMS notes and see if there is any remark about denial .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Scylla
Yes I’m not planning my trip anytime soon but April may when I can get few days break.
It it possible if I order GCMS notes and see if there is any remark about denial .
GCMS notes will not indicate this refusal of entry.

You have been refused entry and you will need to declare it whenever you apply for a visa to Canada or other countries

AnangRaj

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
GCMS notes will not indicate this refusal of entry.

You have been refused entry and you will need to declare it whenever you apply for a visa to Canada or other countries
But officer stated that ur willingly withdrawing your application.
And when u come get proper plan like short justify stay and there is no 6 months or one year ban on your passport.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
But officer stated that ur willingly withdrawing your application.
Unfortunately, you were denied entry because the CBSA officer believed you were not a genuine visitor. You were 'allowed to withdraw your application to enter/for admission'. Like stated, you will need to declare this as 'entry denied' anytime you apply for a visa.

For your next entry, you would need to keep your visit short + bring evidence of your strong ties to India + prove you have a genuine reason to visit (not casual sightseeing, for example).

And when u come get proper plan like short justify stay and there is no 6 months or one year ban on your passport.
You were not given an exclusion order

AnangRaj

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Unfortunately, you were denied entry because the CBSA officer believed you were not a genuine visitor. You were 'allowed to withdraw your application to enter/for admission'. Like stated, you will need to declare this as 'entry denied' anytime you apply for a visa.

For your next entry, you would need to keep your visit short + bring evidence of your strong ties to India + prove you have a genuine reason to visit (not casual sightseeing, for example).

You were not given an exclusion order
Thanks Bryanna for letting me understand .
yes sure next time i will take care of this as ties to home is i have my family back there wating for me my wife and kids .
and will only book hotel for a week or so , no Letter of invitation from friends etc. and also carry proof of income .

my question is this what can be good time for visit next time a month or few months ?

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
Thanks Bryanna for letting me understand .
yes sure next time i will take care of this as ties to home is i have my family back there wating for me my wife and kids .
and will only book hotel for a week or so , no Letter of invitation from friends etc. and also carry proof of income .

my question is this what can be good time for visit next time a month or few months ?
this was your first entry or second after 1st visit?

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
This was my first entry
well this is surprising if it is first entry to ofcourse why it is for 83 days did you mention that 83 to 90 days period in your visa? even if it was 83 days why you never think to keep booking for less days? really wondering as CBSA never asked me why when how they just took pp and stamp and that was all

AnangRaj

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
well this is surprising if it is first entry to ofcourse why it is for 83 days did you mention that 83 to 90 days period in your visa? even if it was 83 days why you never think to keep booking for less days? really wondering as CBSA never asked me why when how they just took pp and stamp and that was all
Must say hard luck on my part as i been to US UK and never overstayed im clean on passport history . but that 83 days at my friends place was blunder i made on my part . at first i had plan for only 8-10 days . and after speking with my friends they assured my for free place at their home as they are expecting baby and want me to be part of it.
and i said same thing to officer but he didnt convinced.