+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very confused. Outland applicant, fees?

super11

Nov 18, 2011
Me and my girlfriend have recently gotten married. I'm an american citizen while she is a canadian citizen. I plan on moving to canada with her. From the looks of it, for our situation it seems better to apply outland. We have started filling out paperwork and have gotten most of it complete but I am wondering about the fees?

Am I paying just one fee, like the sponsorship fee? or a number of fees like the principle applicant fee, spousal fee, etc.

I am just confused on what I should be paying for.

Any information is appreciated....any information at all about any of the outland process is appreciated! still pretty confusing to me.

thanks.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
super11 said:
Me and my girlfriend have recently gotten married. I'm an american citizen while she is a canadian citizen. I plan on moving to canada with her. From the looks of it, for our situation it seems better to apply outland. We have started filling out paperwork and have gotten most of it complete but I am wondering about the fees?

Am I paying just one fee, like the sponsorship fee? or a number of fees like the principle applicant fee, spousal fee, etc.

I am just confused on what I should be paying for.

Any information is appreciated....any information at all about any of the outland process is appreciated! still pretty confusing to me.

thanks.
yes its complicated, you need to pay $ 1040 all together. sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant fee ( 475 ) and right of permanent residence fee ($ 490 ). pay online and attach receipt with your application.
best of luck

Nathan75

Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2012
AOR Received.
Stage 1 11-July-2012, Stage 2 27-Sep-2012
File Transfer...
11-July-2012
Med's Done....
04-April-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2012
LANDED..........
Soon
Yea i found it confusing too, they had a section for family class and a seperate section for spousal/common law etc but all the prices were the same for both, just made sure it totalled $1040