+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Verifying CRS Score at ITA or at e-APR

GSM3

Aug 27, 2019
All,
Hope you are doing great! I greatly appreciate the efforts put in by members clearing many doubts for applicants. I think I could use your help to decide how to go with my PR Application in process.
I got ITA last November 13 2019 and by that date, I was awarded points for 3 years of work experience, probably due to the reason I can't add dates in the work exp duration in the EE profile. I only got 2 years and 10 months' work exp by ITA and 3 Years and 19 Days work exp by e-APR
Below are my work exp dates for better clarity to advice with my situation. My e-APR or AOR date is January 12th, 2020. 475 is my CRS and 472 is cut off.
Employment A: Dec 13th, 2013 to July 29th, 2015( 84 Weeks and 6 Days).
Employment B: June 26th, 2018 to May 3rd, 2019( 44 Weeks and 4 Days).
Employment C: May 5th, 2019 to August 31st, 2019( 16 Weeks and 6 Days).
Employment D: Oct 18th, 2019 to November 12th, 2019(3 Weeks and 5 Days), If I calculate till Jan 10th, 2020, it's 12 Weeks and 1 Day.

For some reason, My Employment C is marked as Review Required saying lead Statement not matching with NOC Code for which I have sent an LOE explaining more in detail.

That said, I want to know if IRCC Officer calculates my CRS score based on e-APR date or by ITA, I guess they see only MEC FSW by ITA( 67 Points).
if they go by e-APR, Should I update Employment D( current one) work reference letter by saying that I am working to current date from Oct 18th, 2019 40 hours per week?
unfortunately, if they go by ITA, Can I withdraw my application and get back to the pool for the next FSW Express Entry Invite...( My Employment C is marked for review which I don't how long it takes to approve it )?

Thanks for your Time

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Your score is calculated as of the date of the ITA. The system is known to give points for work experience 1-2 months before the anniversary, and if you received an ITA based on that (i.e. your score would have otherwise been below the cutoff), you should have declined it.

If this is the case, you should withdraw as they will eventually refuse your e-APR for being ineligible on the date of the ITA.

GSM3

Aug 27, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Requirement to maintain the MEC
Ministerial Instructions created under the authority of section A10.3(1)(e) list the MEC for Express Entry. Applicants must meet the MEC to be accepted into the Express Entry pool and must also meet the MEC when they are issued an ITA and when they submit their e-APR.
If an applicant’s situation changes in the time between when they receive an ITA and when they submit their e-APR to such a degree that their qualifications fall below the MEC, the application must be refused under section A11.2. The officer must also consider whether the application should be refused for not meeting the minimum requirements of the federal program to which they are applying or for misrepresentation.
Requirement to maintain the CRS score
Ministerial Instructions given under the authority of paragraph A10.3(1)(h) determine the basis on which Express Entry candidates are ranked. Under section A11.2, applicants are required to maintain the qualifications that led them to be included in the top-ranked candidates to be issued an ITA in a particular round of invitations.
When a round of invitations occurs, IRCC invites the top-ranked candidates in the Express Entry pool to apply for permanent residence. Candidates in the pool are ranked based on self-declared qualifications in their profile and according to IRCC’s CRS. After each round of invitations, IRCC publishes the score of the lowest-ranked candidate to receive an ITA in that round of invitations.
An applicant’s CRS score is automatically recorded in GCMS at the time when
  • their ITA is issued; and
  • their e-APR is submitted.
At the time of the e-APR, processing officers should compare both CRS scores to determine which of the following scenarios should be applied:
  • If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is equal to or higher than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application will not be refused under section A11.2, as long as the applicant’s supporting documentation corroborates their claims and they continue to meet the MEC for Express Entry, including the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply.
  • If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is lower than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application should be refused under section A11.2 for not having maintained the qualifications that would justify the ITA.
Ministerial Instructions related to the CRS may be revised periodically. Applications must be assessed under section A11.2 according to the Ministerial Instructions in force during the round of invitations to which the candidate is invited. In other words, an applicant’s CRS score at the time of the ITA and at the time of application should be calculated based on the Ministerial Instructions in place at the time of the ITA

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Your score is compared at time of ITA and time of eAPR. Any changes that would affect your score are recalculated (except for age) and if the recalculation falls below the cutoff score for your ITA your application will be refused.

Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when
  • the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or
  • the e-APR was received by IRCC.
Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that
At the time of the ITA and eAPR you met the requirements of the MEC specifically without mention of CRS points(one year of continuous . . . ) and at the time of eAPR you met the criteria for the points you were awarded.

I think that means you're OK and don't have to decline the ITA, but I am eager to hear from anyone with a different analysis or direct experience. But the more conservative advice, if you expect to get an new ITA right away, is to decline and wait for your next invitation.

Kavin626

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
All,
Hope you are doing great! I greatly appreciate the efforts put in by members clearing many doubts for applicants. I think I could use your help to decide how to go with my PR Application in process.
I got ITA last November 13 2019 and by that date, I was awarded points for 3 years of work experience, probably due to the reason I can't add dates in the work exp duration in the EE profile. I only got 2 years and 10 months' work exp by ITA and 3 Years and 19 Days work exp by e-APR
Below are my work exp dates for better clarity to advice with my situation. My e-APR or AOR date is January 12th, 2020. 475 is my CRS and 472 is cut off.
Employment A: Dec 13th, 2013 to July 29th, 2015( 84 Weeks and 6 Days).
Employment B: June 26th, 2018 to May 3rd, 2019( 44 Weeks and 4 Days).
Employment C: May 5th, 2019 to August 31st, 2019( 16 Weeks and 6 Days).
Employment D: Oct 18th, 2019 to November 12th, 2019(3 Weeks and 5 Days), If I calculate till Jan 10th, 2020, it's 12 Weeks and 1 Day.

For some reason, My Employment C is marked as Review Required saying lead Statement not matching with NOC Code for which I have sent an LOE explaining more in detail.

That said, I want to know if IRCC Officer calculates my CRS score based on e-APR date or by ITA, I guess they see only MEC FSW by ITA( 67 Points).
if they go by e-APR, Should I update Employment D( current one) work reference letter by saying that I am working to current date from Oct 18th, 2019 40 hours per week?
unfortunately, if they go by ITA, Can I withdraw my application and get back to the pool for the next FSW Express Entry Invite...( My Employment C is marked for review which I don't how long it takes to approve it )?

Thanks for your Time
Hi Can you reply please, what happened to your PR? I am in same situation. Please help me