blessedsoul2023

Sep 6, 2023
Timeline

Applied Online Feb 2022
Criminality Passed Oct 2022
Test Passed Nov 2022
Security Passed May 2023

Then
I was interviewed in July 2023 by Vancouver office, it was simple online PI interview and at the end I was told by the officer that He is granting my application and I should hear from her office in a month or two for oath.
Next day I got LPP passed
Also the notes on file the same day say "No adverse info, no concerns"
Then 3 days later a GU

Then
Its been more than a month no oath invite.
Then my MP got this info from IRCC

• All assessments for your application have been completed and passed.
  • The only piece left in your citizenship is the oath.
  • Determining the date of the oath cannot be determined at this time
  • Additional verifications are now being done and once the verifications have been completed, you will be contacted. IRCC will not advise what the additional verifications are,

Also IRCC call center says the same that my application is not approved (no DM) yet and in under verifications.
If criminality security is passed. What are more verifications for?

@rajkamalmohanram @dpenabill

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Timeline

Applied Online Feb 2022
Test Passed Nov 2022
Security Passed May 2023

Then
I was interviewed in July 2023 by Vancouver office, it was simple online PI interview and at the end I was told by the officer that He is granting my application and I should hear from her office in a month or two for oath.
Then 3 days later a GU

Then

• Additional verifications are now being done and once the verifications have been completed, you will be contacted. IRCC will not advise what the additional verifications are,

Also IRCC call center says the same that my application is not approved (no DM) yet and in under verifications.
Note: Forecasting IRCC timelines is at best speculation, generally no better than guessing.

I mention that first because there is a fair chance that all that remains to be done is a final review and approval by a Citizenship Officer, which in most cases is more or less a perfunctory decision relying on what the Processing Agent has prepared. That, nonetheless, would require at least one more GCMS background screening. Perhaps that is all the reference to additional verifications is about, the standard GCMS background screening that will occur attendant a Citizenship Officer making the decision to approve the application (and, note, which could occur again just before the oath).

It is too soon to worry that something is awry or that there is a problem. Odds probably favour no problem, just the typical variability in timeline so many citizenship applicants suffer.

Whether the "verifications" referenced here is merely about that GCMS check (which should be of no import so long as the applicant has not been charged with criminal offenses and has not gotten involved in PR status proceedings), or some question or concern has been identified (perhaps the Citizenship Officer has questions after reviewing what has been prepared by the Processing Agent) which will involve some additional query or potentially investigatory procedure, is very difficult to predict . . . EXCEPT, the applicant who is honest with himself will generally know whether there is any reason for additional questions or concerns. No one, including officials in IRCC, know the case better than the applicant knows his or her own case.

If there are additional queries or investigatory procedures, the range of what that could involve is huge. Here, again, the applicant knows their own case and should have a good idea whether there is something to question, and what that is. What it is will dictate what sort of additional processing the application might encounter.

One of the usual suspects is typically physical presence. If for some reason the applicant's physical presence is being questioned, even that alone can involve a wide range of processing, ranging from minimal cross-checking of additional sources (including open sources like social media or platforms like LinkedIn), readily resolved, the timeline mostly being about how long the file is in queue waiting for an agent to actually complete the cross-checking task. At the other end of the spectrum, questions about physical presence can trigger referrals to CBSA and its NSSD for investigation. Still, the applicant's best source of information about what is likely is the applicant's own knowledge of his or her case. An applicant who completely and accurately reported travel history and applied with a decent margin over the minimum, for example, can expect that even if IRCC pursues additional cross-checking to verify physical presence, this should be easily and fairly quickly resolved, no problem, no lengthy delays.

Overall: if "additional verifications" references investigatory action, that is the most information the applicant can obtain about it. Investigatory actions are confidential and information about them will not be shared with the client/applicant . . . and generally even the fact that such action is being taken is not shared with the client/applicant.

CanMon

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
Timeline

Applied Online Feb 2022
Test Passed Nov 2022
Security Passed May 2023

Then
Then 3 days later a GU

Then

@rajkamalmohanram @dpenabill
What is the location on the gcms notes. Usually it is a status like PM ready or for me it is Grant PR Status.

blessedsoul2023

Sep 6, 2023
takes a month. I am just clueless why there is more verifications after LPP ? criminality and security is already done as well

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I am just clueless why there is more verifications after LPP ? criminality and security is already done as well
If you really are, honestly and objectively, "clueless why there is more verifications after LPP," odds are the application is still in the routine processing stream. No problem. No non-routine inquiries pending.

As noted, right up to being scheduled for the oath (and depending on the timeline between scheduling and the date for the oath, potentially right up to the day the oath is taken) there is always another outstanding GCMS background screening to be done. Even when the status of the application shows prohibitions are completed, for example, the applicant is still subject to further screening to verify there are no prohibitions. This could be all that further verifications is about.

Or, as also previously described, after LPP completed by the Processing Agent doing the legwork processing the application, there is some chance the Citizenship Officer responsible for making the final decision to approve the application has a question or concern, which is likely of minimal import, not a real problem, just something requiring clarification and not likely to cause much of a delay while the application is in a queue for the particular question or concern to be examined and resolved. Typically no big deal.

I mention these observations again to separate and highlight, in contrast, that if some significant non-routine question or concern has arisen (which can happen, if there is cause for it, a reason for further scrutiny, anytime right up to taking the oath), it is not likely there will be any notation in a client's version of GCMS records revealing much if anything at all about this. GCMS records tend to be far less informative than much of the forum chatter might suggest.

Basically you are either OK, all is well, on track for a routinely processed application getting scheduled for the oath, OR some issue has been noted and there will be some delay while non-routine inquiries are made and resolved. The former, NO PROBLEM, is the more likely situation. Relax. Watch for notice to participate in an oath ceremony.

CanMon

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
Order one if you want to know what’s happening. Officers notes are pretty neat
Below is the note that an officer wrote after a month of LPP.

GCMS/FOSS: No adverse information
•PIl not mandatory
•ID's reviewed- PRC/DL
•Absences reviewed -
no residency concerns
•Language evidence verified •Applicant meets 5(1)d and 5(1)e
•Applicant meets the requirements of the Act •No unfulfilled PR conditions at this time

seems like they do check after LPP as well.

blessedsoul2023

Sep 6, 2023
This is interersting.
@dpenabill and @CanMon thanks for such good insight.

There is some more food for thought for your perusal, if you can please read and advise

test and BG is done, then I got PI Interview invite over MS Teams

Officer asks basic questions and say at the end on his own that He is granting my application and I should hear in a month for OATH.
The same day He completes the LPP and puts the following notes in GCMS "no concerns, no adverse info"

3 Days later He writes in the GCMS "Need more time to finalize, additional verifications"
If it was a standard GCMS screening he would have not put special notes highlighting this need

MP was told all steps are done only Oath is remaining, also told that
I reached out the office for update and got this generic response

Your application is in queue for further processing. We will contact you if you are required to provide more information.

Remember to check your spam / junk folders for future correspondence from us.

I am very patient just don't want to wait 2 more years, thats it.

Last edited:

CanMon

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
This is interersting.
@dpenabill and @CanMon thanks for such good insight.

There is some more food for thought for your perusal, if you can please read and advise

test and BG is done, then I got PI Interview invite over MS Teams

Officer asks basic questions and say at the end on his own that He is granting my application and I should hear in a month for OATH.
The same day He completes the LPP and puts the following notes in GCMS "no concerns, no adverse info"

3 Days later He writes in the GCMS "Need more time to finalize, additional verifications"
If it was a standard GCMS screening he would have not put special notes highlighting this need

MP was told all steps are done only Oath is remaining, also told that
I reached out the office for update and got this generic response

Your application is in queue for further processing. We will contact you if you are required to provide more information.

Remember to check your spam / junk folders for future correspondence from us.

I am very patient just don't want to wait 2 more years, thats it.
what is the location in gcms note. Looks like location is usually the stage where file gets parked for processing?

blessedsoul2023

Sep 6, 2023
I have not ordered notes yet. All this information I have is collected/confirmed by speaking to different IRCC call center agents. My tracker and my MP’s assistant talking to IRCC reps

Reactions: CanMon

blessedsoul2023

Sep 6, 2023
@CanMon Nothing new. I have applied for notes on Sep 15. talked to my MP's assistant and she said she will get another status update in next 10 days.
It is important to note that I got the same response like your MP got. After LPP additional verifications going on.
Bad thing is as per the citizenship act they should grant it. there is no provision of extra verifications when the requirements are met. If three clearances are done and passed. test and LPP is done there is no requirement in the act or may be I don't know. @dpenabill can you suggest ?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
@CanMon Nothing new. I have applied for notes on Sep 15. talked to my MP's assistant and she said she will get another status update in next 10 days.
It is important to note that I got the same response like your MP got. After LPP additional verifications going on.
Bad thing is as per the citizenship act they should grant it. there is no provision of extra verifications when the requirements are met. If three clearances are done and passed. test and LPP is done there is no requirement in the act or may be I don't know. @dpenabill can you suggest ?
Suggest what?

My previous posts above have addressed the situation in about as much depth as possible. That includes discussion about requirements like no-prohibitions remaining open, and thus subject to further verification, right up to the moment the oath of citizenship is taken. Even if they have passed the stage of completion.

So no, there is nothing in the Citizenship Act which requires IRCC to grant citizenship without reconsidering or conducting extra verifications once the LPP requirements are deemed completed.

On the contrary, IRCC can re-open and reconsider any of the requirements right up to when the oath is to be taken.

Again, in particular, an arrest for domestic violence or driving while impaired the night before the oath is scheduled will make the applicant ineligible to take the oath, and IRCC can conduct further verifications the day of the oath to affirm there have been no events constituting a prohibition.

That said, once there is notation LPP is complete, and the formal RCMP and CSIS background clearances are of record, generally the application will proceed to the finalization stage, approval granted, and the oath scheduled, without too much further delay . . . subject to the particular scheduling in the local office, including possible quirks, so can still range from happening very soon to taking many months or more. The latter is how it will go for most. No guarantee any particular applicant will be among the "most."