+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

verification of status application form refunded without reason

marsbars

Sep 23, 2016
Hi everybody,
my friend sent in a citizenship application but didn't have a confirmation of PR, so he also sent an application for Verification of status or replacement of a document. But a couple days ago, he noticed that he got a credit (refund) for the $30 fee that he paid for it. Can anyone tell me why they would refund that?

Thanks,

mars

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
marsbars said:
Hi everybody,
my friend sent in a citizenship application but didn't have a confirmation of PR, so he also sent an application for Verification of status or replacement of a document. But a couple days ago, he noticed that he got a credit (refund) for the $30 fee that he paid for it. Can anyone tell me why they would refund that?

Thanks,

mars
Call cic and asked his pr status has been cancelled or not

this is very new to me

marsbars

Sep 23, 2016
simoncanada said:
Call cic and asked his pr status has been cancelled or not

this is very new to me
Thanks for your reply, do you know a number I can call where i can speak to an agent? I tried to call the IRCC call centre number of 1-888-242-2100, all the agents are busy and after going through various automated menus and pressing buttons, the call just ends.

Thanks,

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
marsbars said:
Hi everybody,

Thanks,

mars
my last 4 years in Canada life and active member in this forum, this is very new story to me

may be some error some how

so the best thing to do call CIC ask your status first

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
marsbars said:
Thanks for your reply, do you know a number I can call where i can speak to an agent? I tried to call the IRCC call centre number of 1-888-242-2100, all the agents are busy and after going through various automated menus and pressing buttons, the call just ends.

Thanks,
keep try this no again

when your friend got PR

Which category

how he lost his record of landing

is he convicted such as a big crime so that his PR status can be cancelled

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
marsbars said:

Thanks,
Reattempt dialing again and again till it connects to an agent. If the system says the agents are busy, reattempt the call again. It will take multiple tries.

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
Reattempt dialing again and again till it connects to an agent. If the system says the agents are busy, reattempt the call again. It will take multiple tries.

but :
thecoolguysam

do you have any idea what can be reason .

i know you are very senior and expert , what is your thinking.

marsbars

Sep 23, 2016
oh wow, thanks everyone for the replies. I am just on hold now on that number. It keeps saying my wait time is 1 min but i've been on hold for half an hour now. :(

I've been looking at the offices contact info for the VOS and Replacement of document, and I noticed that we might have sent the application to the mailing address via courier, instead of to the courier address. Could that be a reason, perhaps?

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marsbars said:
Hi everybody,

Thanks,

mars
When applied to be a PR,I paid for the fees and an extra $150 (I think back then) for a work permit, as I didn't know the whole process. 2 weeks later,CIC refunded me the $150....they've told me that I didn't need to pay the extra $150 for I wouldn't need it to work in Canada if I was granted a PR status......
I know it's not the same situation....but the gist might be the same....you may have overpaid them for a document you don't need to pay for or a document that you wouldn't need to continue your application.

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
marsbars said:
oh wow, thanks everyone for the replies. I am just on hold now on that number. It keeps saying my wait time is 1 min but i've been on hold for half an hour now. :(

I've been looking at the offices contact info for the VOS and Replacement of document, and I noticed that we might have sent the application to the mailing address via courier, instead of to the courier address. Could that be a reason, perhaps?
Did you called Cic

What they said

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
simoncanada said:
but :
thecoolguysam

do you have any idea what can be reason .

i know you are very senior and expert , what is your thinking.
I have never heard of this situation before. This is something new to me.

marsbars

Sep 23, 2016
Hey everybody,
it seems that the $30 was refunded because they had thought that the payment was part of the citizenship application and therefore, they had assumed we had overpaid by $30. So we will just have to repay and submit the receipt with a cover letter explaining it.

:)

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
marsbars said:
Hey everybody,
it seems that the $30 was refunded because they had thought that the payment was part of the citizenship application and therefore, they had assumed we had overpaid by $30. So we will just have to repay and submit the receipt with a cover letter explaining it.

:)

did you call cic

your pr status is ok