+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Verification of Information on Application

Smurfed

Jun 24, 2010
I am filling out an application for myself for sponsorship by my wife... (I'm American, she's Canadian)

I am wondering how this information is verified? I'm not putting any false information by any means, but I cannot recall all the addresses where I've lived since I'm 18.

I'm also wondering, since my wife and I eloped, if they will be calling family etc to verify our relationship.

Any insight would be great. Thanks for the hlpe.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
It seems unlikely they would try to verify everything you put in your application if you are a sort of run-of-the-mill spousal applicant. Just try to put approximate dates (month and year) and addresses (at least city and state) if you don't remember exactly; just don't leave any gaps that they would wonder about.

They might want more info on your relationship since you eloped; depends on the other evidence you provide. Common law and conjugal partner apps require "statutory declarations" from friends and family to verify (via external sources) the genuineness of your relationship. If you think the elopement might be an issue, please consider including this type of evidence in your app.

Best wishes on your app. Allison

Poetic

Star Member
Sep 22, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-06-2010
Interview........
No Interview!!!
Passport Req..
25-10-2010
I was in the same kind of situation, while filling out our applications we couldn't provide precise information to some questions, such as dates, addresses etc. So we decided to add a little note stating the question number and why we couldn't give that info.

We both eloped too, and have absolutely no contact with either of our families, so obviously our wedding was just us and a couple friends, who we asked to write letters acknowledging our relationship. We don't even have much pics, but we gave all we could give. It's just a matter of hoping and waiting now.

Hope that helps.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Get the dates and addresses as close as you can, and attach a note explaining.
The visa officer will wonder why family was not at your wedding, so explain that you eloped, and why. If your family now approves of the relationship, you can get letters from them stating that they've met your wife, like her and approve of the marriage, and believe that it is a genuine relationship because ... (And the same from her relatives.) If you are estranged from your families, well, you don't need family approval to marry, so just increase the amount of other proof you have that your relationship is genuine.