+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VERIFICATION call on SATURDAY

Raj Malhotra

Apr 25, 2013
Why Would they call from mobile numbers instead of landline number. Also the way lady was cross questioning dosent seem acceptable.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
When I had applied for Indian PCC at Indian Embassy, I got a verification call in 2 days from the officer at 8:00 a.m. from the landline number of the embassy. I did answer it and the officer after verification said, it's fine. Next day I got message that my PCC was ready for collection.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsmart15 said:
When I had applied for Indian PCC at Indian Embassy, I got a verification call in 2 days from the officer at 8:00 a.m. from the landline number of the embassy. I did answer it and the officer after verification said, it's fine. Next day I got message that my PCC was ready for collection.
Yeah, but that was a call from the Indian embassy regarding PCC.

OP was talking about a call from the Canadian embassy / CIC and they were asking him questions about his EE application.

Those are completely different matters.

And if anyone is still wondering where scam callers / pushy consultants got their number, check out this thread. It has 139 pages of phone numbers by potential EE candidates. Incredible. Some people, it seems, just don't understand the internet.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/whatsapp-group-for-instant-messagings-and-discussions-express-entry-t254138.0.html

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Dexmoody said:

OP was talking about a call from the Canadian embassy / CIC and they were asking him questions about his EE application.

And if anyone is still wondering where scam callers / pushy consultants got their number, check out this thread. It has 139 pages of phone numbers by potential EE candidates. Incredible. Some people, it seems, just don't understand the internet.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/whatsapp-group-for-instant-messagings-and-discussions-express-entry-t254138.0.html
haha...absolutely true...what else do these pesky consultants/cheats need? We invite trouble ourselves.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Dexmoody said:

I understand the scenario here and I just shared my experience to alert the candidate that it is highly possible that one can receive a verification call from Canadian Embassy to confirm some details.

Try to use analogy from experiences shared here in this forum. Don't simply try to argue unnecessarily.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsmart15 said:
I understand the scenario here and I just shared my experience to alert the candidate that it is highly possible that one can receive a verification call from Canadian Embassy to confirm some details.

Try to use analogy from experiences shared here in this forum. Don't simply try to argue unnecessarily.
It is beyond me why a call from a different country's embassy for an entirely different purpose should make it more likely that the call received by the OP was actually legitimate.

In fact, I have never read about such a thing on this forum and nobody was able to confirm in this thread either. That makes it more likely that the call was fraudulent - especially when questions like "do you want to continue with this application" are being asked.

Many people on this forum are extremely careless and volunteer their actual name, email address and phone numbers. Along with timelines and further details in the signature, that's all a scam artist needs to trick them into paying money or signing a consulting contract they don't want.

All I'm saying is: be extremely cautious when you receive such a call. Don't give any information until the caller provides you with the correct application number and other information only CIC can know.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Dexmoody said:
It is beyond me why a call from a different country's embassy for an entirely different purpose should make it more likely that the call received by the OP was actually legitimate.

In fact, I have never read about such a thing on this forum and nobody was able to confirm in this thread either. That makes it more likely that the call was fraudulent - especially when questions like "do you want to continue with this application" are being asked.

Many people on this forum are extremely careless and volunteer their actual name, email address and phone numbers. Along with timelines and further details in the signature, that's all a scam artist needs to trick them into paying money or signing a consulting contract they don't want.

All I'm saying is: be extremely cautious when you receive such a call. Don't give any information until the caller provides you with the correct application number and other information only CIC can know.
I agree that one needs to be cautious while some consultant/agent approaches via a phone call and need to be smart enough to understand the difference between fake and original one.
I received a phone call today and just within 1 minute of the conversation, I could understand that it is some fake agent calling in and promising a Job with work permit in Canada. I asked the right questions for which he did not have answers and so he was caught. Now he cannot bother me to call back or send me any email.

One should be smart enough to ask the appropriate questions to verify the caller as well.

245east84

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-04-2017
Dexmoody said:

Dexmoody, love your straight shooting advice. On these forums I usually use a meaningless name (or my stripper-name Buck Naked), an email address created just for this forum and I've never posted my phone number.

expressentryqueen

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14th
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
January 14th
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
03-07-2016
Dexmoody said:
First time I'm hearing about these "verification" calls. Doesn't mean they aren't legitimate, but I would be extremely cautious.

Two things:

1) Ask them to quote you the application number (EExxxxxxxx) or UCI number for your application. Anyone working on your application must know this. If they can't, don't give them any information. Never give anyone your login details for your myCIC account.

2) Don't post your phone number or email address publicly on this forum. I've seen so many people do this ("add me to the whatsapp group"), and it is a gold mine for scam artists and dubious consultants. Use the private message function instead.
+1 for this comment!

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Dexmoody said:
2) Don't post your phone number or email address publicly on this forum. I've seen so many people do this ("add me to the whatsapp group"), and it is a gold mine for scam artists and dubious consultants. Use the private message function instead.
This. Should be on the top sticky post.

educationist

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I don't know about PR application but back in 2012 when I had applied for student VISA and my wife had applied for dependent/visitor VISA, I did receive a call from Canadian Embassy, New Delhi regarding our marriage certificate. The lady just asked me why was "Special Marriage Act" written on my marriage certificate. I explained to her that it was our lawyer who prepared the marriage certificate and in case of any doubt I could submit our marriage pictures and an affidavit. She replied that's okay and the very next day we were granted Canadian VISA. In the whole conversation she never asked me for any confidential data or application number. Back in 2012 there was no online system for VISA application, it was entirely paper based. Therefore, to clear any doubt about my marriage certificate they would have to return my application all together and ask for my explanation, which would have taken another 2 weeks. Instead, they simply called up on my mobile phone number and cleared the doubt. Having said that I think in today's time when the whole process is online/electronics application based, if CIC or Canadian embassy would want to contact anybody, they would do it online.
I think it's better to inform CIC regarding the call and details of the call that your friend received.