+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VERIFICATION call on SATURDAY

VPSingh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Dear Forum Members

I would like to share and ask. Share--My friend in Jaipur, India received a verification call at 11:30AM IST today (Saturday) Canada embassy, New Delhi. my friend was on another call and saw call waiting from unknown number. Then they called his other Mobile number which his wife answered. The caller (lady) said to my friends wife--where is your husband, his phone is very busy, do you want to go ahead or shall we close your file. Anyways then the caller talked to my friend and asked a few questions.

Ask---Has anyone of you or your friends have received a call similar to that on a SATURDAY.

I like to ask senior members-- do embassies conduct verification calls on Saturday??

Your views/replies are more than welcome.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Scam.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/internet.asp

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
scylla said:
Scam.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/internet.asp
So if we receive a verification call on Saturday, we can be sure that it is a scam?

saravsingh1

Oct 15, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Aragorn165 said:
So if we receive a verification call on Saturday, we can be sure that it is a scam?
No one ever gets a call from NDVO, its clear cut a fraud/scam.

CIC/IRCC will only e-mail you.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
saravsingh1 said:
No one ever gets a call from NDVO, its clear cut a fraud/scam.

CIC/IRCC will only e-mail you.
Thank you! My VO is New Delhi too, so this is helpful to know :)

New2Ca

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a possibility to get call even on weekend as the decision on PR is served even on weekends, however, spam calls also can not be withdrawn. Better to answer all these calls very diplomatically and first identify the person other side. Today, I received a call from Delhi land line number and the guy other side was inquiring about application. When I talked in length with him I came to know that he is from consultancy which assist for processing immigration applications. The shocking thing is how they are getting our numbers even alternate numbers?

VPSingh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
THANKS ALL but his employer also got the call exactly the same time as he got, also it's been discovered that CIC has outsourced verification process

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
VPSingh said:
THANKS ALL but his employer also got the call exactly the same time as he got, also it's been discovered that CIC has outsourced verification process

CIC outsources physical verification, calling/mails they should be handling by themselves and I don't think someone from CIC can talk like "do you want to go ahead or close your application". it seems a scam only.

VPSingh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
@JAZZ
Buddy he filed in 2014 end and got his file number in early 2015. Recently WWICS (his consultant) forwarded him email sent by WARSAWIMMIGRATION (cic's global affairs) saying that his file is being reviewed and pending verification so I have a strong feeling that it was a legitimate call....rest fingers crossed.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VPSingh said:
@JAZZ
Buddy he filed in 2014 end and got his file number in early 2015. Recently ***** (his consultant) forwarded him email sent by WARSAWIMMIGRATION (cic's global affairs) saying that his file is being reviewed and pending verification so I have a strong feeling that it was a legitimate call....rest fingers crossed.
Assuming it wasn't a private number, did your friend google that 'unknown number' to verify where the call originated from?

VPSingh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Hi AVI
No it wasn't a private number and my friend did call back and got reply we are closed, as far as I remember he did say that it was embassy number. Rest I will call him tomorrow to get more info.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First time I'm hearing about these "verification" calls. Doesn't mean they aren't legitimate, but I would be extremely cautious.

Two things:

1) Ask them to quote you the application number (EExxxxxxxx) or UCI number for your application. Anyone working on your application must know this. If they can't, don't give them any information. Never give anyone your login details for your myCIC account.

2) Don't post your phone number or email address publicly on this forum. I've seen so many people do this ("add me to the whatsapp group"), and it is a gold mine for scam artists and dubious consultants. Use the private message function instead.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Dexmoody said:
First time I'm hearing about these "verification" calls. Doesn't mean they aren't legitimate, but I would be extremely cautious.

Two things:

1) Ask them to quote you the application number (EExxxxxxxx) or UCI number for your application. Anyone working on your application must know this. If they can't, don't give them any information. Never give anyone your login details for your myCIC account.

2) Don't post your phone number or email address publicly on this forum. I've seen so many people do this ("add me to the whatsapp group"), and it is a gold mine for scam artists and dubious consultants. Use the private message function instead.
Aptly put!

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
Dexmoody said:
Yes that's one of the weirdest things I've seen here. Why share your number publicly on the internet? Foolish.