+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ve you ever had immigration or citizen status in any country other than Canada including you country

SAM2017

Jun 20, 2017
how can i answer "have you ever had immigration or citizen status in any country other than Canada including you country of birth

so i have include my Birth country status ?
and my passport expire is that mean not valid and i have provide date or just current even its expire

Natan

May 22, 2015
how can i answer "have you ever had immigration or citizen status in any country other than Canada including you country of birth

If you had immigration or citizen status in the country of your birth, then you have to declare that. If you were born in a country but were not a citizen of that country and had no legal immigration status in that country, then you don't have to declare it in this part of the form.

my passport expire is that mean not valid and i have provide date or just current even its expire
If you remain a citizen of the country of your expired passport, then you are "currently" a citizen of that country. As a general rule, one's citizenship does not expire when one's passport expires, whether one renews their passport or not.

SAM2017

Jun 20, 2017
If you had immigration or citizen status in the country of your birth, then you have to declare that. If you were born in a country but were not a citizen of that country and had no legal immigration status in that country, then you don't have to declare it in this part of the form.

If you remain a citizen of the country of your expired passport, then you are "currently" a citizen of that country. As a general rule, one's citizenship does not expire when one's passport expires, whether one renews their passport or not.
thanks for answer
what i have enter in date obtained/effective date ,i gained this citizen in the birth

kirch

Jan 26, 2010

and my passport expire is that mean not valid and i have provide date or just current even its expire
Citizen status has no relation with passport..passport is just a travel document.Even if your passport is expired or don't have a passport..your citizenship is still valid..in your case you are the citizen of your birth country ,by default

Natan

May 22, 2015
you are the citizen of your birth country ,by default
This is only true in countries where citizenship is granted jus soli (by birth). Many millions of people are not citizens of the country of their birth.

Even if your passport is expired ... your citizenship is still valid
While generally true, this is not universally true. Citizenship can expire when the passport expires -- it is very rare, but it is possible.

jeuniii

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
So I was born in my country in Jan 1989. Im adding that I am a citizen of that country since Jan 1989. I hope this is correct, right ?

Date Obtained/Effective date --> 1989/01

If your status is no longer valid indicate
the end date (YY/MM). If your status is still
valid indicate “current” --> current

Natan

May 22, 2015
So I was born in my country in Jan 1989. Im adding that I am a citizen of that country since Jan 1989. I hope this is correct, right ?

Date Obtained/Effective date --> 1989/01

If your status is no longer valid indicate
the end date (YY/MM). If your status is still
valid indicate “current” --> current
Correct.

Natan

May 22, 2015
thanks again i have another question
i am studding in public college what i have to provide in name,phone and email section
The name, phone and email of the registrar of the college (you may contact the college to get that information).

shari75

Jul 21, 2013
Hi Buddies

I need help for same query " Have you ever had immigration or citizenship status in any country other than Canada including your country of birth"
I have been to work to other countries in Europe 10 years back do I need to share the temporary work status of those countries like work permit , even if work permit or business visa is 6 months been there for just few weeks. ?

Thank you

Hari

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Only stateless person can just put stateless and leave other status box blank by sending stateless status document. Example even if never obtained passport from country of origin (birth), expired pass or lost you must list.

my pass was lost 4 years ago so i put like this:

BRAZIL (Country of Birth) then Status/EXPIRE Box i put (CURRENT).

and on biographical pass pages explained that during my eligibillity i lost pass and past 6 years did not travel outside canada.

Natan

May 22, 2015
Only stateless person can just put stateless and leave other status box blank by sending stateless status document. Example even if never obtained passport from country of origin (birth), expired pass or lost you must list.

my pass was lost 4 years ago so i put like this:

BRAZIL (Country of Birth) then Status/EXPIRE Box i put (CURRENT).

and on biographical pass pages explained that during my eligibillity i lost pass and past 6 years did not travel outside canada.
Few stateless persons have "stateless status document". If they are lucky, they have a birth certificate. Some may have a Canadian Certificate of Identity (which should be provided), as should any laissez passer.

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Do you know if we should put countries we visited for this section? For example, if we travelled to US for a week for vacation, should we say that we had visitor status in USA for a week?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Do you know if we should put countries we visited for this section? For example, if we travelled to US for a week for vacation, should we say that we had visitor status in USA for a week?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step4

Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)

• Check either yes or no.
  • If you check yes, complete the chart.
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, visitor, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
  • Date you obtained each status(YYYY-MM-DD)
  • End date if no longer valid, if applicable (YYYY-MM-DD). Leave blank if you currently hold this status