+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ve you ever had immigration or citizen status in any country other than Canada including you country

gaziashraf95

Jan 14, 2024
For this particular question:

I was born and raised in Oman. Then I moved to Canada in 2015 January. I never held the Omani passport, but since my parents are from Bangladesh, I hold a Bangladeshi passport. I only visited Bangladesh for summer vacation. Other than that, I lived my whole life in Oman. So, do I put Oman as the citizenship since its my country of birth even if I never had the passport? And end date Dec 31, 2014. My last day in Oman before i moved to Canada?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
For this particular question:

I was born and raised in Oman. Then I moved to Canada in 2015 January. I never held the Omani passport, but since my parents are from Bangladesh, I hold a Bangladeshi passport. I only visited Bangladesh for summer vacation. Other than that, I lived my whole life in Oman. So, do I put Oman as the citizenship since its my country of birth even if I never had the passport? And end date Dec 31, 2014. My last day in Oman before i moved to Canada?
Does Oman gives citizenship by birth?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Then it looks like you had some visa on Bangladesh passport which allowed you to stay in Oman. From citizenship perspective Bangladesh would be the country even though you lived in patches over there.

gaziashraf95

Jan 14, 2024
Then it looks like you had some visa on Bangladesh passport which allowed you to stay in Oman. From citizenship perspective Bangladesh would be the country even though you lived in patches over there.

Yes, Oman use to give us temporary resident visa that had to be renewed every 2 years.

So, just wanted to confirm the dates i need to put in. I was born in Oct 1995 which will be the effective date, and End date would be December 2014 because i came to Canada for undergraduate studies in 2015 Jan and got my PR on Nov 2021. Is it correct?

gaziashraf95

Jan 14, 2024
Do i need to put in the time i lived in Oman in this section?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
No it is not. Your end date will be empty as PR does not change your Bangladesh citizenship. The end date will come in picture in the future when you get Canadian citizenship. If Bangladesh allow dual citizenship, in that case also end date will be empty.

gaziashraf95

Jan 14, 2024
No it is not. Your end date will be empty as PR does not change your Bangladesh citizenship. The end date will come in picture in the future when you get Canadian citizenship. If Bangladesh allow dual citizenship, in that case also end date will be empty.
Thannk you. Do you mind telling me if i need to put the time i spent in Oman? Since it was for more than 6 months?