+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ve you ever had immigration or citizen status in any country other than Canada including you country

Oct 5, 2023
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step4

Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)

• Check either yes or no.
  • If you check yes, complete the chart.
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, visitor, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
  • Date you obtained each status(YYYY-MM-DD)
  • End date if no longer valid, if applicable (YYYY-MM-DD). Leave blank if you currently hold this status

Hi,

I am stuck to this question as well. What about single entry visas? I have been to countries where visas are granted for single visits only. So, there is a date of issue and it is valid up to 90 days and I am allowed to enter within this duration only. In that case should I enter the start date as the date I was issued the visa and end date as the day I left the country (since it is single entry and therefore no longer valid since my departure from the country)?

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
Hi,

I am stuck to this question as well. What about single entry visas? I have been to countries where visas are granted for single visits only. So, there is a date of issue and it is valid up to 90 days and I am allowed to enter within this duration only. In that case should I enter the start date as the date I was issued the visa and end date as the day I left the country (since it is single entry and therefore no longer valid since my departure from the country)?
Hi @spacemetal_core,

I am also stuck on this screen. For the past almost 15 years I have travelled alot of countries. I don't know if I have to mentioned everything?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi @spacemetal_core,

I am also stuck on this screen. For the past almost 15 years I have travelled alot of countries. I don't know if I have to mentioned everything?
You don't need to list those.
Only the status in countries were you actually lived, not the ones you visited on short visits as a tourist.
Keep your vacations for the physical presence calculator only.

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
You don't need to list those.
Only the status in countries were you actually lived, not the ones you visited on short visits as a tourist.
Keep your vacations for the physical presence calculator only.
On the citizenship application, there is a dropdown menu where you can pick visitor status. Shouldn't we include 1 week trips to USA and other countries?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
On the citizenship application, there is a dropdown menu where you can pick visitor status. Shouldn't we include 1 week trips to USA and other countries?
No. Spending 6 months as a visitor in US, sure, a week trip, no need to, the same way you'd list the place where you lived for a few months in the address history, but not your 1 week hotel or the night you spent in your friend's couch.

saifulla

Sep 5, 2019
Do you know if we should put countries we visited for this section? For example, if we travelled to US for a week for vacation, should we say that we had visitor status in USA for a week?
How did you finally submitted this ? Did you include your travelled to US on vacation as Visitor. ?
Do you know should we include all our immigration status or for just last 5 years only ?
I travelled to US on L1A , Saudi on Visitor, Dubai on e-Visa, I had UK tire 1 visa but i did not travel should we include all?

Mona.M

Jun 12, 2016
Hi All, I've submitted my application in July and now stuck in Security Screening. I just realized this question was not for the last 5 years but since birth. is it better to submit a webform and add information now? would it impact the security clearance timing even further?
Thanks

saifulla

Sep 5, 2019
Hi All, I've submitted my application in July and now stuck in Security Screening. I just realized this question was not for the last 5 years but since birth. is it better to submit a webform and add information now? would it impact the security clearance timing even further?
Thanks
How are you sure you are stuck because of this question. I know some friends mentioned only about citizenship and they got approved

Mona.M

Jun 12, 2016
How are you sure you are stuck because of this question. I know some friends mentioned only about citizenship and they got approved
No, I don't know if I'm stuck because of this (nothing has happened on my application beside the Citizenship test so far). but I'm wondering if I should add this additional info anyways

saifulla

Sep 5, 2019
No, I don't know if I'm stuck because of this (nothing has happened on my application beside the Citizenship test so far). but I'm wondering if I should add this additional info anyways
All the people I enquired they have not mentioned about visitor visa and worker visa . Only citizenship and they argue saying the question is immigration or citizenship . Some countries allow Visitors to get citizenship status probably it is for them .
So you only mentioned last 5 years not entire life ? Even consider visitor or worker visa ?

Svaba

Apr 22, 2020
I am also not sure how to answer this "Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?"

So, I am Slovenian citizen and I studied between Sep 01, 2008 and Feb 28, 2009 in Germany (European union - I didnt need a special viza for that). Is OK to fill as shown on this LINK? or should I mention only Slovenian citizen?
Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I am also not sure how to answer this "Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?"

So, I am Slovenian citizen and I studied between Sep 01, 2008 and Feb 28, 2009 in Germany (European union - I didnt need a special viza for that). Is OK to fill as shown on this LINK? or should I mention only Slovenian citizen?
Thanks
Studying in Germany does not give you immigration or citizenship status. That you can include as part of your address history. Looks like its quite old to be part of addresss history too.

Svaba

Apr 22, 2020
I see, thanks. So, then I should include only that I am citizen of Slovenia since I was born?