+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VARIOUS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMMES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA

HarshYADAV

Jan 12, 2016
HI,
I am from India. Its very hard for me to find a similar case to mine, and even harder to find someone with much knowledge regarding the same.
To start with....
My 10th (2007)grades - 72%
12th (2009) - 82%
B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) from India (2009 - 13) - 6.73 CGPA (out of 10)
MBA (from UK, 1 year duration, 2013 - 14) - around 50% (percentage not mentioned on transcript, just the scores)
Work experience - 1 year 3 months in a Bank in India
IELTS - 7 (L- 8, R - 7.5, W - 6.5, S - 6.5)

I have applied for Advanced Project Management and Strategic Leadership (Graduate Certificate) - 2 years duration, from Lambton College Toronto. Jan 2017 Intake. I suppose my MBA marks will not matter much as the course admission is based on Bachelors.

I am just wondering about the probability of Visa approval. Though I know I have to prepare a very strong SOP.

Sep 22, 2016
Hey
I am an international student and I came to Canada in 2015 for diploma course that is for 1 year. In my second semester I paid the whole fees then I had some family problem then I need to go back to my home country for about 3 weeks then I takedown with my international advisor about this issue and stated that grant me leave for 3 weeks and also talked with my faculty, they denied and ask me take a semester off and 25% fees was refuned. Then I came back to Canada and working part time but still having a semester off. I was not really happy with my course then I took admission in different college for a pilot course and started in August.
Now I need to extend my study permit and visa to continue this course.
Will it be difficult to extend my study permit or what will be end result..... ?
Thank you

nadiakhalid2

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
chebe01 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the engaging forum!!

I've been offered admission to Waterloo for a PhD with guaranteed 4yrs funding (34k CAD per year). I am currently an academic staff with a uni in South Africa (where I obtained my masters degree in 2011). I applied for my study visa online and uploaded my admission letter, upfront medicals, police clearance, funding letter, my 6 month bank statement, and bank statements from my parents in naija. In my LOE, I indicated that the account statements from my parents was to indicate that they are willing and able to support me if the need arises ( my account statement and funding letter is sufficient IMO; my account balance is approx. 12k CAD).

I have been following the conversations on the forum and notice that people also submit their English proficiency test scores, masters certificate, pay slips, education evaluations (WES), etc. Should I send a case inquiry and submit these documents? I am already worried that the processing time in SA is ludicrous and wouldn't want my application to be unduly delayed.

I applied on the 11th of May, did my biometrics on the 6th of June. Biometrics status changed to "not needed at this time" but no other update as yet.

Pls what do you advice? Am I missing any crucial document?........when it comes to ties at home, it even gets more worrisome. My parents are in Nigeria, I have a permanent residency status in South Africa and also have a sister living here in SA with her family. I have two brothers in the US and another sister in Lagos. Will this prove to be a problem regarding my "ties to home country"?
Hello
Hope you have recieved positive reply regarding your visa. if you dont mind, can you guide me to get admission for PhD. i have all the required papers and formalities covered ( finance, IELTS, required CGPA etc). All I need is someone to guide me properly how to get admission. I mean most of the universities dont want a supervisor consent prior to admission but i need a strong SOP/ study plan in order to convince the graduate studies and I qualify their PhD program. I have already done my MPhil in educational administration and management with more than 80% marks and with a thesis. can you share your SOP with me so I can have an idea about the minimum level of writing an sop fro PhD. I have been asking for help regarding this issue but no one is able to or willing to help me out. I would really appreciate if you can help me in this regard. I came from a very conservative background. I have only got this chance to pursue higher studies but somehow i couldnt get pass through this initial stage. Please help me

Kind regards

Aleksagirl

Oct 9, 2013
Hi everyone.
Guys, I got a really strange work permit.
My work permit for 3 years expired and since I couldn't apply for Ontario PNP, I decided to go back to school in October.
I took a French program (FSL), it says full-time, but it's actually just 3 hours per day from Monday to Friday. 7 months total.
It's a private college, but it's a Designated Learning Institution.
I applied for study permit extension and I finally got this paper.
It says it's a study permit and it's valid until August 31, 2017.
But in a conditions section it just says Must leave Canada by 2017/08/31.
I checked on CIC website saying that I can work off campus up to 20 hours per week.

You must have one of the following conditions or remarks printed on your study permit in order to apply for a SIN for off-campus work:

May work 20 hrs per week off-campus or full-time during regular breaks if meeting criteria outlined in section 186(v) of IRPR
May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186(f), (v) or (w). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria.

None of these criteria is on my paper.
Does it mean I cannot work officially?
Is it like a tourist permit just called a study permit?
It doesn't specify anything. I need to work to support myself.
Please explain...

Jongli

Oct 23, 2014
Sylhet
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 NOV 2014
Nomination.....
10 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 Mar 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
Med's Request
13 May 2016
Med's Done....
28 May 2016
Passport Req..
22 Jun 2016
VISA ISSUED...
03 Aug 2016
Hi guys

I am looking to study in Canada. just starting to look for the options today. Completed my college last year. may be will be on a diploma or undergraduate degree course.

could you please help me with some information's of steps I have to take in order to gain a international study permit?

thanks

carmsz

Oct 15, 2016
hi guyz!

i am currently an international student here in canada. winnipeg, manitoba.
my common law partner is applying for temporary resident visa with open work permit under commonlaw of international students.

application sent to vfs: july 08, 2016
application sent to canadian embassy: july 20, 2016
email recvd for medical exam from canadian embassy: july 21, 2016
medical exam done: july 23, 2016 at cebu nationwide health system inc
medical exam result sent to canadian embassy: july 26, 2016

until now... we did not receive any updates from canadian embassy manila. tried to call them, they said. it still in process.. or ongoing process.
who has same experience with this one?

Jas0013

Oct 18, 2016
Letter Of introduction not received

I submitted a paper application at Visa application center ,Chandigarh. I received my passport with visa on it on 8 October 2016 but I haven't received letter of introduction. Please help me or tell me how can I get it and how to contact visa office. Please reply

Oct 7, 2016
passport forward to banglore from new delhi only for one day why? general case

passport forward to banglore from new delhi only for one day why? general case

Rathesh

Oct 25, 2014
Hello,

At present I am pursuing my Master in Oil and Gas Engineering in Canada. I am also working part time in fast food industry. Once I am done with my program, my employer is ready to give me a assistant manager job opportunity. As faf as I know the PGWP is a opne work permit and I can take the job in fast food industry, but the question is, would I be able to apply for PNP or PR based on this job offer or not?Please let me know!

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
If study permit applicant decide to take a drop in one semester then can his/her spouse still eligible to continue work full time on his/her open work permit? Thank you.

itman62

Dec 20, 2012
I was conditionally admitted for MSc Internetworking in University of Alberta started on September 2015.
CIC issued student visa for me and also work visa for my husband for two years which we never used because of the admission requirement.
This year I was able to get another admission from Dalhousie University, and they have accepted me for the next fall intake in MEng Internetworking begins on September 2017.
I was wondering if I need to apply for visa extension, or I have to apply for a new study permit with my new admission.

Manstalent

Nov 10, 2016
I have applied for the study permit and its been 14 days but i am not able to track my application on VFS Global's website. All its giving me is "No details found matching the input values". Can anyone help me?

peppy89

Nov 10, 2016
I intend to study abroad in Canada with CES visa, but I've got a problem, I dont have much money for 2 years diploma, so I'm supposed to study Post graduate program, I know there's only 1 year study permit and 1 year working permit, I heard that it would be difficult to get a job in a short time, and if I fortunately find out a placement, the employer may still not accept that I can not do working full one year.
Now I'm actually confused with this PGrad program, do you have any idea for that?

anuaru

Aug 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th
AOR Received.
14th sept
File Transfer...
24th sept
Med's Done....
5th may
Interview........
Nooooooooooo interview
Passport Req..
done!! 13th feb
VISA ISSUED...
20th feb.
LANDED..........
on the way........., Then on 11th cloud..
Hi Guys,
Do you know from india, Husband can get work visa along with his wife's student visa.

Do you any good consultant in Chandigarh(Punjab) who can help in this.

Your response are very important to me.

Thanks in advance.

kaycanny

Mar 12, 2016
Hi Guys,

I will like to find out any possible graduate program in Canada for a person with 3rd class grade {2.29) in electrical engineering. I do know one can do top up in UK for a year and it will clear the previous result but unfortunately I already have a masters from the UK in Mobile and Satellite communication (distinction).

UK will not give me visa for a lesser degree. Please I need advice, I am confused on a possible and potential research topic for a PHD. I need advice on Universities in Canada i can:

1> Get guaranteed supervisor
2> Cheap University or guaranteed scholarship

I dont mind doing another Masters if I can get admission with my class of degree.

Thanks in advance