+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver vs Toronto?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First check the job opportunities in your field. If you can get a good job, living expenses are not that important.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Well here s the plug for Vancouver again According to the UN 3rd most livable city on Earth,According to other surveys 4th best city on Earth to live in,Voted consistently among the 5 most beautiful cities on Earth.But yes we are more expensive then Toronto because our province is still booming with lots of jobs unlike Toronto which is lower because their economy is sinking and unemployment is rising,But you can go there,since about 30,000-40,000 Toronto people have already left west looking for work,Somebody has to replace them

foreverwaiting

Star Member
Dec 16, 2008
BCGuy,

For more than a few months now, I have been puzzling with TORONTO vs VANCOUVER but I have failed to come to a conclusion. Beauty and weather wise, I agree Vancouver wins without any competition. But when I look at various job websites (workopolis is just one example) I see the job vacancies in the Ontario region are much more than in BC. And I am back to square one on my puzzle!!! Do you also think that job oppurtunities in ON are more than in BC especially for a newly landed immigrant? I would really welcome your opinion!

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Well We start from unemployment rate ours is lower,But because Toronto is bigger there are always jobs open there<because with the large number of people leaving Ontario and Toronto because of its devastated Manufacturing and Financial Industries,these will have to be replaced,Our Government is in surplus,There Goverment is in Deficit,We are a" Have" Province meaning to say We send out surpluses like Alberta to help poorer"have not" provinces like Ontario pay their bills.So lets do the math,BC has lower unemployment,surplus Goverment budget and is a have province with better weather compared to Ontario with higher unemployment,Deficit,Lousy weather in a poorer Have not Province.But I repeat I am not discouraging you from going there,somebody has to replace the tens of thousands leaving Toronto looking for work.Somebody has to still sweep the streets,fry the burgers and keep Ontario going.Go Toronto,I dont hate Toronto and Ontario,That,s why we send money to them because when they WERE rich they sent money to poorer provinces.They deserve our money and workers to replace those who fled.Yay Toronto

foreverwaiting

Star Member
Dec 16, 2008
According to surveys, average property prices in Vancouver region are much higher than average prices in Toronto region, meaning owing a property is that much more difficult in Vancouver.

According to Wikipedia, crime rate in Vancouver is higher than in Toronto (though the differenc is not that much).

I am just trying to make a list of disadvantages of V over T. Please don't get me wrong - V also has advantages over T, but there is no need for me to list them coz BCguy has given excellent points. I am just trying to look at the other side of the coin ;-)

I would appreciate if members could throw light on issues of daily interest to inhabitants - like public transport, leisure activities, schools, colleges, social life, commuting distance, shopping malls, etc etc for Vancouver & Toronto, since these are the issues which one has to face on a daily basis.