+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** VANCOUVER VISA OFFICE TIMELINES****

FayRe

Mar 2, 2021
Has anyone had an issue where a case analyst verified CRS points way less than their initial point? I had 459 and the threshold for invitation was 454, analyst verified only 406 points. But I look over my notes and can't see a review for some employments I claimed points for. The point difference is like 53?? Is that possible? I have been trying to figure how come the analyst verified only 406, even with just 1 year work experience that is too low.
This sounds disturbing, sorry for that! I saw other posts about issues concerning work experience, the most mentioned issues were "job letter doesn't include duties", "job letter doesn't state the ending date" (weird cuz for some ppl the job is obviously still ongoing), "NoC doesn't match", and, "I thought I uploaded my job letter correctly but it seems the officer couldn't find it/ didn't open the full pdf file"....can you think of any possible issues that particular job letter might have? Is it a Canadian job or foreign one? Have you submitted supporting docs (pay slips etc.) ?

JamTur

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hey guys. Just got my portal email after what felt like months of torture. All I can say is God is faithful. Don't lose hope guys.

AOR: February 26, 2021
Principal VO: Vancouver
Secondary VO: Central Intake Office
Got a number of GUs:
1st GU: March 12, 2021
2nd GU: July 15, 2021
3rd GU: September 15, 2021, 10:06 am
4th GU: September 15, 2021, 01:19 pm
5th GU: September 16, 2021
Portal email from Etobicoke IRCC: September 18, 2021

Ochai234

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
This sounds disturbing, sorry for that! I saw other posts about issues concerning work experience, the most mentioned issues were "job letter doesn't include duties", "job letter doesn't state the ending date" (weird cuz for some ppl the job is obviously still ongoing), "NoC doesn't match", and, "I thought I uploaded my job letter correctly but it seems the officer couldn't find it/ didn't open the full pdf file"....can you think of any possible issues that particular job letter might have? Is it a Canadian job or foreign one? Have you submitted supporting docs (pay slips etc.) ?
Thanks so much for your response. I actually figured he or she did not include 53 points for my 2 years of work experience because they could only verify two of the work places by google search. The comment for my third work experience was white-out , so I could not see what was stated under it but it seems like as they could not verify the duties, they did not include it. I no longer work at that place but I just noticed on Indeed that the same position is advertised there, so I am planning to write a LOE and include a copy of the indeed job ad, as it has the duties for that position listed. Then I will send it via webform. btw he or she verified 1 year 8 months of 2 years but as they could not verify the remaining 4 months, they took out the 53 points for the whole two years.

FayRe

Mar 2, 2021
Thanks so much for your response. I actually figured he or she did not include 53 points for my 2 years of work experience because they could only verify two of the work places by google search. The comment for my third work experience was white-out , so I could not see what was stated under it but it seems like as they could not verify the duties, they did not include it. I no longer work at that place but I just noticed on Indeed that the same position is advertised there, so I am planning to write a LOE and include a copy of the indeed job ad, as it has the duties for that position listed. Then I will send it via webform. btw he or she verified 1 year 8 months of 2 years but as they could not verify the remaining 4 months, they took out the 53 points for the whole two years.
It's a good thing you figured the problem before a final decision is made, hope your proactive action works out!
I believe Indeed ad is a good idea, but on top of that, it is even better if you could convince your former employer to write another reference letter that correctly describes your duties and other elements IRCC requires (don't forget ALL pages must have a company letter head), if somehow the HR can't/won't do it, maybe your direct supervisor/manager could help? Or at least a colleague who's still working there might be willing to clarify your duties back then? This is a matter of saving an application, def worths trying all possible ways.

Ochai234

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
It's a good thing you figured the problem before a final decision is made, hope your proactive action works out!
I believe Indeed ad is a good idea, but on top of that, it is even better if you could convince your former employer to write another reference letter that correctly describes your duties and other elements IRCC requires (don't forget ALL pages must have a company letter head), if somehow the HR can't/won't do it, maybe your direct supervisor/manager could help? Or at least a colleague who's still working there might be willing to clarify your duties back then? This is a matter of saving an application, def worths trying all possible ways.
I hope it is in time. This note from the analyst was back in July and I have had 3 GU since then. By God's grace I was able to get the former employer agree to write me a letter with the requirements.

aleung

May 15, 2021
AOR Mar 19, VO Vancouver, secondary VO CIO, just got my GCMS ordered on July 21, only Criminality passed on Apr 12 and Medical passed on Apr 7, Eligibility and Security are not even started.
Finally got my portal email today, I replied and got the portal access, waiting for ecopr. I had only one GU on Sept 16. Hope those still waiting will get their‘s soon!

Mann Gill

Jul 26, 2021
Finally got my portal email today, I replied and got the portal access, waiting for ecopr. I had only one GU on Sept 16. Hope those still waiting will get their‘s soon!
U gave me hope as per my last call on 8 august mine security n eligibility was not started.

TheFaizer10

Nov 13, 2019
Has anyone got a portal credentials from Vancouver VO? If so, could you please tell me the email ID with which you got it?

AOR- DEC 2019

devesh050908

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Congrats, hope all of us will get updates soon, mine also no updates after medical a d criminality, my aor is Mar 30, 2021. Thanks for sharing here.

Reactions: aleung

devesh050908

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Hi friends, my application status is changed to Application/profile updated from submitted. Is it c called as ghost update? And all got this? Please confirm, my aor is Mar 30 2021, expect some update as it's nearing 6 months. My vo is Vancouver, Medical Passed on April 19 2021.
Thanks again

Mann Gill

Jul 26, 2021
Hi friends, my application status is changed to Application/profile updated from submitted. Is it c called as ghost update? And all got this? Please confirm, my aor is Mar 30 2021, expect some update as it's nearing 6 months. My vo is Vancouver, Medical Passed on April 19 2021.
Thanks again
Yes it is ghost update.wat ll never reflect in ur account wat is updated.