+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver(test-oath waiting period)Vancouver office applicants ONLY please

Mr. Jordan

Jul 11, 2015
Hi Guys,

This topic is intended ONLY for Vancouver office applicants as the topic title indicates.

Please share your whole and complete time line with us, and please be specific in dates

Please list the following dates of your whole and complete timeline:

- The date When you applied for citizenship.

- The date When the application for citizenship was received.

- The date When the CIC started processing your citizenship application.

- The date When you received the notice to appear and take the test? and how and how did you receive it through email or through regular mail?

- Does your e-CAS updated regarding the test taking date or it doesn't update ?

- Whether or not you have been requested to provide any additional documents like RQ or any thing else?

- The Date when you took the test.

- Whether or not you have been informed verbally by the expected date of oath righ after taking you test through the cic officer?

- The date When you received the notice to appear and take the Oath ceremony? and how did you receive it, through email or through regular mail?

- Does your e-CAS updated regarding the Oath ceremony date or it doesn't update ?

-When does your e-CAS changed status and give you the decision made ?

- What is your processing office?

Finally (the important question): do you think that the citizenship application process is fast, regular, slow, or super slow and why in your own opinion?

You are welcome to share any additional information or opinions you think it is important for us to know.

AGAIN, this topic is ONLY intended for Vancouver office applicants, if you are not a Vancouver applicant, you are welcome to participate but please mention your OFFICE NAME among your time line.

Thank you all

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Would like to see yours first?

Mr. Jordan

Jul 11, 2015
My timeline:

My processing office: Vancouver office

Application sent Sep/ 17/ 2014

Application Receiver by cic on Sep/ 26/ 2014

Started processing on Jan/ 05 /2015

I haven't been asked for any further documents like RQ

Notice to appear and take the test was April / 21 / 2015

Test taken and passed on May / 21 / 2015

officer told me verbally that the oath should be expected within 3 - 5 months after the test date

My e-CAS changed to update my test date before taking the exam(means I received the test notice by regular mail first, then the e-CAS updated to confirm my test date)

My e-CAS changed from IN PROCESS to DECISION MADE on June / 16 /2015

Oath taking date = waiting

I believe the citizenship application processing for Vancouver office is super slow, I cannot figure out why they are so slow, but I think may be not being efficient enough, because other offices are way faster

What do the army of CIC employees do all the day long since there is no progress what so ever? what is their job? why they get paid since the only response they give to any one who calls the CIC call center: you have to wait.

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
App received May 21,2015
AOR July 13
In process July 28
Test August 27
Decision made yesterday Sep 9
Oath, waiting!!

hmuath

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr. Jordan said:
Hi Guys,

This topic is intended ONLY for Vancouver office applicants as the topic title indicates.

Please share your whole and complete time line with us, and please be specific in dates

Please list the following dates of your whole and complete timeline:

- The date When you applied for citizenship.

- The date When the application for citizenship was received.

- The date When the CIC started processing your citizenship application.

- The date When you received the notice to appear and take the test? and how and how did you receive it through email or through regular mail?

- Does your e-CAS updated regarding the test taking date or it doesn't update ?

- Whether or not you have been requested to provide any additional documents like RQ or any thing else?

- The Date when you took the test.

- Whether or not you have been informed verbally by the expected date of oath righ after taking you test through the cic officer?

- The date When you received the notice to appear and take the Oath ceremony? and how did you receive it, through email or through regular mail?

- Does your e-CAS updated regarding the Oath ceremony date or it doesn't update ?

-When does your e-CAS changed status and give you the decision made ?

Finally (the important question): do you think that the citizenship application process is fast, regular, slow, or super slow and why in your own opinion?

You are welcome to share any additional information or opinions you think it is important for us to know.

AGAIN, this topic is ONLY intended for Vancouver office applicants, if you are not a Vancouver applicant, you are welcome to participate but please mention your OFFICE NAME among your time line.

Thank you all
Chill out dawg!
Mine is F** worse than yours:

Applied: July 2014
Processing started: Sep 2014
Transfer to Local: Nov 2014
Test: June 2015
Decision Made: July 3rd 2015
Oath: Waiting......

Mr. Jordan

Jul 11, 2015
hmuath said:
Chill out dawg!
Mine is F** worse than yours:

Applied: July 2014
Processing started: Sep 2014
Transfer to Local: Nov 2014
Test: June 2015
Decision Made: July 3rd 2015
Oath: Waiting......
I am being so polite in choosing my words

So do the same with yours as well or don't contribute at all if you insist on using such vulgar language

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Mr. Jordan said:
I am being so polite in choosing my words

So do the same with yours as well or don't contribute at all if you insist on using such vulgar language
I'm glad that you reconsidered all the insults and foul language that you had used towards hmuath, and changed for this nicer message instead. I know that you got rather upset over the word "dawg," which is not an attack but rather AAVE (African-American Vernacular English) for "brother," "bro."

As for the thread, I'm yet to take the test next week so I can't address many of the questions. My timeline is available on my signature.

hmuath

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriamT said:
I'm glad that you reconsidered all the insults and foul language that you had used towards hmuath, and changed for this nicer message instead. I know that you got rather upset over the word "dawg," which is not an attack but rather AAVE (African-American Vernacular English) for "brother," "bro."

As for the thread, I'm yet to take the test next week so I can't address many of the questions. My timeline is available on my signature.
Thanks MiriamT for explaining! Mr. Jordan didn't seem getting it right, as you mentioned no offence intended at all, just using some rather hilarious words to cool stressed-people down ;D
Sorry Mr. Jordan ;)

Mr. Jordan

Jul 11, 2015
hmuath said:
Thanks MiriamT for explaining! Mr. Jordan didn't seem getting it right, as you mentioned no offence intended at all, just using some rather hilarious words to cool stressed-people down ;D
Sorry Mr. Jordan ;)
No problem dawg

I am learning now ;D